BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. TheUtopian

TheUtopian Active Member

[​IMG]

Caitlin Fitzgerald and Jocko Sims, Masters of Sex

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I'd be more interested in that show if Lizzy Caplan was his love interest instead.

3. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Yeah, she's not exactly the most sympathetic love interest.

4. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Why is she not sympathetic? I don't follow that series.

5. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Kosher Soul

Have y'all checked out a show called Kosher Soul? It's about a Jewish princess marrying a Southern black comedian. It just started recently. I watched the first couple episodes. They lean a little heavy into the stereotypes like "reality" tv likes to do. I caught myself laughing though.

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/kosher-soul

And nobody ask me what I was doing watching Lifetime to even find this show in the first place.

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

:lol: @ your last line!

7. orejon4

Well, in the show, the character is written in as sort of barren and neurotic (just my opinion) and has shown flashes of cruelty, particularly toward her hired domestic aide. While some of it is certainly due to her husband's (Michael Sheen's character) obsession with work and Lizzy Caplan's character, it comes across to me as capricious and mentally unstable. Other than narcissism and neurotic behavior, her liaison with the black male love interest is probably the only emotional expression she has shown in the show.

I just heard about "Kosher Soul" and saw it on the Guide display as I was channel surfing. Would you say it's worth watching?

8. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

It ain't appointment television. But if you have time to kill, you'll get a few chuckles. I'd say that you'll know by the end of the first episode (30 min) if you're on board or not.

The thing I do like is that this couple has been together for almost a decade and is excited to get married. It's normal couple stuff (with the standard fake reality tv foolishness) instead of a struggle for them to even become a functioning pair.

Also, notorious IR coupler Russell Simmons is on the show at some point.

9. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. Do you know which episodes I should watch if I wanted to check out her storyline? Or is the whole thing worth watching (for something other than sex/nudity)?

10. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Fortitude airs on Pivot which I think is a new suspense/mystery/sci-fi show from Great Britain. They had an intense IR sex scene in the pilot episode starring one of the main characters and it is worth checking out. I only get Pivot in standard definition thru Verizon but it may be availble on your provider in HD

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

And....that's what it's all about, hokey pokey

12. orejon4

I think it's a pretty good show. More psychosexual than anything else - repressed characters, desires boiling beneath the surface, that sort of thing.

13. daus

daus New Member

I can't watch the series in my country. Which characters played the IR sex scene?

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Hell if I know, I'm just here to put my left foot in and shake it all about........

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Ok im gunna stop being mean

Here's the cast from fortitude

[​IMG]

I don't see a black guy...unless he's like wentworth miller or vin diesel and looks pretty white until he lets his Afro grow back in

So I'm assuming the IR was a bullshit one-timer between non-essentials to please the liberals

16. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

google and wikipedia are your friends in this case was able to find synopsis of the episode

Characters
    Nicholas Pinnock as Search & Rescue Pilot Frank Sutter
    [​IMG]
    VerĂ³nica Echegui as Elena Ledesma
    [​IMG]

On the show he is apparently married to a white woman played by Jessica Raine (Julia 'Jules' Sutter). After an argument about their son she storms out and his mistress Elena turns up and they end up having sex in the garage.

17. TheUtopian

TheUtopian Active Member

I had never heard of Fortitude until I read your comments. In case you're interested, the episodes which have aired are available on popular torrent sites. I downloaded the pilot for later viewing.

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

[​IMG]

19. TheUtopian

TheUtopian Active Member

Yikes!

I use a cloud torrent service-- there's no client software to install, and I don't use my own bandwidth, which of course draws unwanted attention. Don't jinx me! :p

[​IMG]

Taye Diggs and Kathleen Robinson's characters on TNT's Murder in the First are slowly moving toward a romantic relationship.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Taye diggs....the Wesley Snipes for millennials