Book Lovers Thread

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Tamstrong, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

This will be a good incentive to start working on my ridiculous backlog of books. I really need to ban myself from Barnes and Noble for the next five years or so.

2. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

There's no such thing as too many books, but it is easy to get carried away, especially at Barnes and Noble. I don't have much of a book budget right now, so I download free books (even though I prefer the real thing), hit up our sad excuse for a library, or exchange books with my mom. I miss book shopping though...I'm going through some serious withdrawal right now (books & shoes!). Enjoy that backlog of books, and enjoy all the shopping you'll be doing to add to it. ;)

I've already got quite a few of the books on the checklist read though, and I'm looking forward to completing the challenge. :D

3. Tamstrong

4. Tamstrong

Another favorite book of mine is It by Stephen King. I read for the first time when I was 16, and I usually re-read it annually. My copy eventually fell apart, and the local library recently retired their copy for the same reason. My mother just surprised me with a hardcover copy she found at a secondhand shop. :smt038

[​IMG]

The movie version of this book sucked. The clown they used in the movie was weak and not at all scary to me. They could have done soooo much better than they did. They are supposed to start filming a remake this summer, and I hope they do a better job this time.

5. Tamstrong

Stockholm Public Library

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

This was written when Stephen King was at his best, IMO. I loved this book. I should re-read it. It's been ages.

Good God. I want to move in, can I? LOL.

7. Tamstrong

I agree. Pet Sematary is another one of my favorites of his; I need to find and read it again. Matter of fact, I need to re-read a lot of his stuff I read back in the day.

That library looks like Book Heaven to me. I bet you could move in and no one would notice you. As huge as it is there are probably plenty of hiding places. lol

8. Bookworm616

LOL. You're right. I'm so going to move in!

The Stand will forever be my favorite book of his, but I do need to re-read Pet Sematary, It, The Shining, and Cujo. They were staples for me growing up.

I haven't found many of the newer books I have read of his very good.

9. Tamstrong

I feel you; I was a Stephen King junkie growing up as well, and his new books definitely don't have the same magic the old ones did.

10. Tamstrong

11. Tamstrong

12. Bookworm616

Is there some reason you had to post about this book AGAIN in a different book thread?

Why would anyone want to read an erotic novel that's based at the WTC on 9/11??

Talk about extremely poor taste.

13. Tamstrong

I've just finished reading my first book by Sam Witt, and I enjoyed the hell out of it! It was the fist in the Pitchfork County series, and I enjoyed it so much I just downloaded the rest of the serious (and then some) on my Kindle.

http://samwitt.com/

14. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Thanks for the recommendation

15. Tamstrong

You're welcome. The first one, Half-Made Girls, is free for Kindle right now, and there's an offer for a free copy of Ghost Hunters at the end of the first one.

16. Tamstrong

For the readers who also like to cook:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

18. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

19. Tamstrong

20. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I had been to Stockholm but,somehow I missed this library.