Boondocks Is Back: Season Four Teaser!

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Sirius Dogon, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

2. 1449225

1449225 Well-Known Member

This last episode was terrible. They need McGruder back.

3. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Agreed. And they will only get worse in the future.

4. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

So far I haven't been impressed with the show either.

5. 1449225

Feel asleep on that 'Breaking Bad' episode,I'm officially done. They should just cancel the remaining episodes.

6. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Season four sucks.

7. Morning Star

YES! THEY SHOULD HAVE ENDED IT WITH SEASON THREE!

8. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

I fell asleep in the breaking bad episode too. that's never happened before

9. Morning Star

MacGruder wanted to end the series at Season 3. But due to demands for the show's return by the network, I think there was an in-house struggle between MacGruder and the CN corproation....and well...things got messy. So, he said fuck it, and they just went the way of jumping the shark, starting with announcing the new season.

10. 1449225

I think S4 could have been something special,had they not ran McGruder off. Now it seems like they're trying to recapture that old magic. Bringing Stinkmeaner back,the pretty boy flizzy character (rehash of the Usher episode).

11. Morning Star

A lot of the things they did in season 3 was more of a jump the shark moment, most notably with Uncle Ruckus and his backstory, along with him actually pile-driving a white security officer and showed some backbone. I really don't know where they could go from here on out, though I do see a pattern that the whole theme this season is more about them trying to cough up $3 million dollars due to a fraudulent scheme.

The show was more comical, but still had some political commentary worth having until this season started.

12. 1449225

What's up,Satchmizzo? Yeah that shit had me snoozy-doodle about 5 minutes in.

I gave up on S3 a few episodes in,too. That 'Dickriding for Obama' episode was a classic,as was 'The Fundraiser'. But I wasn't feeling the Jimmy Rebel story line or 'the flu' episode. I guess you're right in a sense,even WITH McGruder they could only go so far.

This season when Wuncler Jr. made them move to the garage and Grandpa comes back inside the guy asks him "Do you want to have a nigga moment"? That shit was so forced and corny. As you said,no more political satire or messages within the show. Just a bunch of episodes thrown together.

13. Morning Star

I guess they hoped to replicate the initial popularity. It did garner a lot of views on the first episode, but it's just a failed revival.

Heh, surprised....they could have done an animated movie.

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Basically what they should have done as a last hoo-raw rather than this forth season & then let the series fade into the sunset. Especially with no McGruder onboard.

15. Morning Star

I'm still giving this season a chance and the recent episode past Monday seems pretty decent, and the one coming Monday looks promising.

16. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

Young Robert Freeman

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

Rev Sturdy Harris

[​IMG]

[​IMG]