both of the hadid sisters supposedly dating black men

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by dogon89, May 24, 2015.

1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

This has been quantified through study and happens among other races as well

This is what leads to division amongst us.......the light vs black debate didn't just pop up out of thin air

But...Vanessa Williams endured racism while growing up...and if she identifies with black I see no problem

I'd rather claim someone who knows what time it is and has been through what i have, than claim the darkest of blacks who never been through it in real life

2. TERRASTAR18

TERRASTAR18 Well-Known Member

exactly...tdk sounds ignorant.

3. TERRASTAR18

TERRASTAR18 Well-Known Member

preach. the only thing i disagree with is that she isn't claiming anything. she is lightskinned. she is full black.

4. goodlove

goodlove New Member

lol

5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

yall cold

6. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Not at all true my friend. Recessive genes win out all the time. You're not much (if any) darker than my bf and his child doesn't look black in the slightest. A dna test says the baby is indeed half black though ;) I think the stereotypical look of the mixed (black & white) baby is very misleading. Rest assured even the darkest of black men can bring into this world a child light as heck with white people hair lol.

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Cameron Diaz is white and Latina, and the jlo comment......You must believe hand gun rounds knock people down because it happens in the movies.

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I'm just sayin

Brotha malcolm was on the light side to...let's not forget

Nothing cold about it

Plenty of uncle ruckus dark guys out here who'd turn white overnight if they had the chance

Lol

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

lol

lol

im still waiting on the pencil test.....thats new to me.

10. K

K Well-Known Member

The Pencil Test

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pencil_test_(South_Africa)

The pencil test is a method of assessing whether a person has Afro-textured hair. In the pencil test, a pencil is pushed through the person's hair. How easily it comes out determines whether the person has "passed" or "failed" the test.
    This test was used to determine racial identity in South Africa during the apartheid era, distinguishing whites from coloureds and blacks. The test was partially responsible for splitting existing communities and families along perceived racial lines. Its formal authority ended with the end of apartheid in 1994. It remains an important part of South African cultural heritage and a symbol of racism.

(and no I don't support Wikipedia as a reputable source, but then I don't consider this type of garbage reputable).

11. K

K Well-Known Member

Agreed. Way too many cases of darker people with very light children and very light people with very dark children. You just never know.

12. free816

free816 New Member

Only point my man trying to make she could have passed for a diff race I got a book on genetics last Christmas learned a lot about race and what not,, the hot comb comment i was being silly , fully aware she is black but you can't tell me if she was some nameless person and the call came out looking for a 5'6 black woman it's gonna be a while b4 the police knocks on her door

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I have an aunt who's only a few years my senior.......this comment takes me back to my childhood.......watching her SHOUT when the old heads put that comb in her shit

Hot combs, food stamps and grilled cheese sandwiches, good times, lol

14. free816

free816 New Member

U 100 % crazy lol

My momma found one some years ago brought it home stuck it on the stove told the wife that curling iron ain't where it's at one time my daughter used that thing,, damn thing heavy enough to be a door stopper

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

U ain't neva lied,....they have some weight to em lol

Props to mom dukes for lookin out tho

If I had a daughter, I'd definitely hit up the sistas in the family for help....only thing I know how to do is use a brush, pink lotion and a pick

16. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Thanks someone gets it.

17. The Dark King

Again thanks someone gets it.
    All took was a very simple Google search but they want to act like I just made this shit up.

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Lmao

Why even bother sometimes

As for pencils and hair......I used to actually store them in my hair, on the sides when I was younger

I was a hipster like that, while everyone else thought they were cool with pencils on their ears

As for Vanessa Williams...shit u turkeys claim the fuck out of tiger woods, even tho that dude told u ninjas he wasn't black

19. The Dark King

So I guess Irish people are black since they were commonly referred to as n*****r?

20. The Dark King

I don't claim dude and this isn't even a matter of claiming as much as question hoe much of the black experience do these people experience? And it's not just skin tone it's how the world embraces you. People act like the phenomenon of passing never happened. Like hiring practices weren't based on this field slave house slave dynamic.