"Box Breathing" instruction site

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by webmaster, Aug 30, 2023.

1. webmaster

webmaster Administrator Staff Member

I created this site that can walk someone through a Box Breathing exercise called -- https://meditationcounts.com/

However, I don't know if the count will be consistent for everyone, especially if the site is under load. If you have some time, please check it out and let me know if it works and also any critiques on improving it visually or how it works.

More information on Box Breathing below:

Box Breathing, also known as four-square breathing or square breathing, is a simple and effective breathing technique used to promote relaxation, reduce stress, and improve focus and performance. This method is especially popular among athletes, military professionals, and individuals who frequently face high-stress situations.

Here's how to practice Box Breathing:

Inhale for a count of 4.
    Hold your breath for a count of 4.
    Exhale slowly and controlled for a count of 4.
    Hold your breath again, this time after exhaling, for a count of 4.

This completes one cycle. You can repeat this cycle for several minutes or as long as you find it comfortable and beneficial.

Benefits of Box Breathing:

• Stress Reduction: It triggers the body's relaxation response, counteracting the stress response.
    • Increased Focus: The act of counting and focusing on one's breath can help in clearing the mind and improving concentration.
    • Enhanced Performance: By calming the mind, it can improve decision-making and performance in high-pressure situations.
    • Oxygen Efficiency: It promotes deeper breathing and better oxygen intake.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List