Bruthas....Australia Has JOBS 4 U!

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Kid Rasta

Kid Rasta Restricted

2. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

Slave labour?? or a chance to meet hot Aussie Sheilas???

3. Kid Rasta

Kid Rasta Restricted

Huh!!!???

The Kid Rasta 8)

4. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

the last time we africans in america got on a boat for work in another country, it was in chains--nahhh peace

5. LA

LA Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind visiting Australia for a short time. In the mean time, I'm gonna stay in SoCal for the next couple of years.

6. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

Oh , i am going to Australia too and NZ, I love them. I was talking about the abroad job offer for brothas and making a joke

7. charmer

charmer Member

I'm not living over there until they fix their half of the ozone layer.

8. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Tucker are you from the UK? If true those brothers would be in paradise.

9. leksie

leksie New Member

Hahhah, yes. It can't be contributed solely to Australia but sadly the summers just keep gettin' hotter..

Yeauch.

It isn't nasty all the time though, plenty of Australia has a fairly pleasant, moderate climate.

Our silly government didn't sign the Kyoto Protocol (neither did yours)

10. SwanRider

SwanRider New Member

Isn't Australia even more racist then America? At least America's got a large black population, it's very "them and us" amongst the main 'communities' but at least when you get tired of the racism you can retreat into a 'black enclave' and chill for awhile. In Australia, there will be no such refuge. Just ask the Aboriginals.

Of course, maybe it'll be all worthwhile if you can have a new and different sheila sit on your face each day. ;)

11. leksie

leksie New Member

Hmm, good question and I think it is very difficult to quantify.

In my experience (travelled and lived extensively in US) i have found that racism in Australia (specifically referring to black/white) is less overt against that particular group.

But there is definately amongst some people, a covert and subtle line of racism that runs deep, and it is very sad. It shifts towards various groups at particular times in our history.

It certainly isn't all encompassing though, and many cities/universities or even country towns will give you very little problems at all. But it would be silly to deny it doesn't exist. You can walk down the street in one place and see a million different coloured faces talking countless languages, and nobody blinks. But there is an ugly element of it in what I like to call 'bogan' Australia. Not sure what the American equiv of a bogan is, I guess a little more middle class than 'trailer trash', but not quite...

At the moment there is some freaky political 'party' (race hate group) emerging and doing some shittily organised poster campaigns and rallies. This organised racism is a very new development (excluding the racist policies of past governments!)

you are right about the racism Aboriginal people suffer though, it's definately there and seriously fucked up. 8) :shock: :shock:

12. SardonicGenie

SardonicGenie New Member

I believe Kid Rasta may have titled this thread incorrectly.