can you be pro-black and still date/marry a white woman?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by shion, Sep 29, 2008.

1. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

Well I don't believe we have to worry about that happening. Culture is always changing, never static.

There will always be blacks, whites, asians, etc with their beliefs and customs.

As a history graduate and someone who loves different cultures, I comprehend your context.

With hundreds of millions of people of a racial grouping across different parts of the globe, thankfully different cultures, languages, customs, food, etc. will continue to exist, no matter how.

Even within a place like Brazil, where there is a lot of mixture, there are still white and blacks and the various customs across regions.

2. ReginaStar

ReginaStar New Member

Yeah that's what I was saying in a previous post is I'm not worried about that ever happening. I mean I think multiracial could become the majority (in the US not world wide) and that's ok I just don't want the individual races and cultures to become non existent. See the problem I have with places like Brazil and Latin America is while I think the mixture is beautiful it didn't work. White privilege still exist based on skin tone. So for those that do want everyone to mix they surely need to rethink that. Another issue I have is all these cultures combining and being labeled "Hispanic". It's like they lost their own individuality. Then they get labeled under a White term. For anyone that may not know Hispanic was a term used toward white men from the Iberian Peninsula by the Northern Latin people. The white men that arrived in on the that boat with Christopher Columbus in the Americas were Hispanic men. The US took it upon themselves to label all men and women of all races and mixtures as Hispanic and all those cultures from those white Hispanics, black Africans, and native Americans living in a Spanish colonized country as Hispanic. It's like they all lost their own individuality. I like that in America we label are cultures separate. I don't want people to forget where each culture comes from and what contributions have been made by each. Look what happened to rock and roll. It was stole. I don't want this to happen to hip hop and other genres of music that originated among AA's aswell as other parts of culture.

3. OpenHeart

OpenHeart New Member

I think some are misdefining the term "pro black" in regards to black men who are married to white women. If I said I was pro-life all that means is that I am FOR life. If I said I was pro choice, all that means is that I am FOR choice. So if a black person is married to a white person, it does not mean he or she is not pro black or in other words FOR black. They can be FOR black no matter who they are married to. There are black people who are married to black people and they are NOT pro black. To be pro anything means to embrace that particular thing with a certain passion. Would you say that a black man who abuses blacks verbally and physically is pro black because his wife is black? Is he more so pro black than Joe who is married to a white woman but dedicated to strengthening his black community in his city via various endeavors and thoroughly enjoys black art...black culture?

Some believe that you are either cold or hot in terms of being pro black. Some believe that you can be 50% pro black but not 100% if you are married to a nonblack.:smt101 Why bring measurements into the picture...50%, 20%, 100%??? I am a meat eater, but I love vegetables and desserts too. If someone asked me if I was a meat eater, I would simply say yes. I wouldn't say that I am a 33% meat eater, I would just say yes I am a meat eater. The fact that I eat veggies and desserts does not in anyway negate the fact that I love myself some meat. So I said all of that to say this...a person's pro blackness should not be based on who he or she is married to or dating.

Eldridge Cleaver (was a very well known leader in the black panther party) was considered to be pro black, but if I were to go by the mindset of some posters on this thread, then I would have to say that Eldridge was NOT pro black at all. Elderidge had a very strong attraction for white women moreso than black women. But no one in his right mind would believe that he was not pro black...see what I mean?

Eldridge explained his inward turmoil in a poem he wrote...

I love you
    Because you're white,
    Not because you're charming
    Or bright.
    Your whiteness
    Is a silky thread
    Snaking through my thoughts
    In redhot patterns
    Of lust and desire.

I hate you
    Because you're white.
    Your white meat
    Is nightmare food.
    White is
    The skin of Evil.
    You're my Moby D*ck,
    White Witch,
    Symbol of the rope and hanging tree,
    Of the burning cross.
    Loving you thus
    And hating you so,
    My heart is torn in two.
    Crucified.

Furthemore, Eldridge did not consider himself as being a free man until he would one day be able to sleep in his bed with a white woman.
    So if this man can be deemed as being pro black, why can't Joe be pro black and have his white wife too? :smt026

4. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

But it's weird that you brought it up given that's an impossibility. It also suggests that you have some notion of racial essentialism.

5. OpenHeart

OpenHeart New Member

Having an intriguing passion for other cultures, I agree totally with what you say here:D Good post.

6. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

There's a number of reasons he could be considered NOT pro black. Eldridge was a misogynist and a rapist, his personal character was suspect. Pro Black "denotes the person as political". Jim Brown would be a better example from the same era.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  7. MissWacy

MissWacy New Member

does seem a bit odd, i questioned a white nationlist the other night when he went on screaming about preserving the cultures etc, i asked him do you know how too? the argument is fallacious

8. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Do SHARE more! I'd like to know more of that!

9. MissWacy

MissWacy New Member

was on you tube, he responded to something i said about a certain political party here in the uk which is ran by a WN, so the idiot came out with all the usual crap about white genocide, preserving EU cultures etc, its getting destroyed by "miscegenation" and "multiculturalism" so i questioned a little and all he came out with was im brain washed and how i must be smart by insulting him (when it was him who replied to me calling me an idiot) he didnt bother to reply to my questions i gave him, instead he went back to going on about preserving the white race etc

then he went on about how there is no such things as black germans, black british, black asian etc, we must preserve our noses, eyes hair etc, and other races too, and how the japanese preserve their race so why cant we

so i said too him then how come there is so many asian women with white men, and do you know how to preserve a race? never got a reply back, its what i like about these idiots they go in raving, put them on the spot and they run from a argument

10. swirlman07

swirlman07 Well-Known Member

Exactly! It's inconceivable to me that someone would claim to be in a loving interracial relationship, and then to voice a concern of races disappearing? How do you develop that sort of mindset? I guess she considers herself pro-white.

11. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

He sounds like a friggin' psycho. Who's he trying so hard to convince...others or himself? People like him need to STFU & do the world a favor by never reproducing.

12. subtlenote

subtlenote Active Member

This topic should be past it's expiry date; sad to see that it's not.

13. MissWacy

MissWacy New Member

and what kills it is she has biracial children, my sister would never come out with that shit or any other white woman i know who has biracial kids, it is illogical to be married to a black man, have biracial kids then complain about races dissapearing, its the typical WN dribble "preserving race, culture" etc yet not one can tell me how they plan on doing so

14. sockervadd

sockervadd New Member

I once had a lovely teacher, when I was degen or so, who said there are no races when it comes to people only different types of human.. I like that

15. swirlman07

swirlman07 Well-Known Member

The only thing that you have demonstrated with your latest post is that beyond your apparent maladroit use of grammar is that you lack reading comprehension as well. If you look at your list of "culture" you will note that many of the items, as I already suggested, don't comprise culture. This is additionally demonstrated by your insistence that I expressed a dislike of white culture, which is patently false, and not contained in my postings.

Since it's obvious that you are the one who remains clueless I shall leave you to your own muddled folly.

16. Morning Star

The British Nationalist Party is a very weird lot and hell bent on making immigration and multiculturalism as the culprit for the failures of their own government. If anything, their sheer stupidity and ignorance are the causes of it. I'm really happy that you've managed to corner them outright. However, dogmatism is relatively strong in their human psyche, almost to go as far as creating a fictional existence and history to where civilization was without problems without the heterogeneous mixes. The British identity, as do any country's identity rests within their culture and uniqueness. The people are merely there to exercise those unique measures of that country, regardless of color.

17. Morning Star

Post-birth abortions are justified in this case? :D

18. christine dubois

christine dubois Well-Known Member

sooo correct- if you want, you can find differences everywhere. The race is just the most obvious. Luckily, I have the capability to bring people together, if they are now different races or mentalities.
    Honestly, I dislike that small minds, keeping and saving all what they have, not able to look over their own fence and feel afraid of everything they don't know. Small minded people, you can find them all over the globe

19. MissWacy

MissWacy New Member

i had a good chat about them with another member on here on facebook chat last night, and racist site has alot of little secrets going on there lol, but they are a very weird set of people, he also went on about anti racist means anti white and some lame excuse for it

20. sockervadd

sockervadd New Member

7-year old me didnt even see ethnicity, i just saw individuals and naturally everyone were unique

To me its weird that a child can understand this but many adults cant