Car talk

Discussion in 'Science, Technology, and Green Energy' started by goodlove, Jan 24, 2016.

1. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I think those are the key words, and European cars (especially the high end/luxury) simply require much in the way of upkeep. It's somewhat common here for folks to get rid of their European cars because the cost of upkeep/repairs are too expensive.

2. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Well it can be said for any car that isn't looked after properly it will end up costing more.
    American cars though like that PT cruiser are expensive for parts here and are a piece of proverbial when it comes to going wrong.
    Cherokees are greedy greedy cars when it comes to part prices and what not.
    I must admit I have never wanted or desired an american vehicle (other than a Jeep Wrangler Sahara but to be fair it's a bit of an icon in it's own right) for the exact same reasons you have given above about European cars.

3. DudeNY12

Absolutely! I'm totally of the mindset that if you take care of your car, and it'll take care of you. A good case are my current cars. I have an '03 Civic EX with 173k miles and an '06 Acura (Honda) TL with 159k miles. I'm a stickler for following the manufacturer's scheduled maintenance. My cars have had very little in need to enter a shop other than that scheduled maintenance. It's common knowledge here that European cars generally aren't that reliable, especially as they age. The typical person here with a European has likely seen more time in the shop in addition to scheduled maintenance. In my mind those cars are less reliable, also the parts tend to be costlier. Even the the European dealerships will have high labor rates.

For years I wouldn't go near an American car as they generally had far too many issues and even bad quality control. Nowadays, I'd absolutely consider an American car, especially GM as they've improved greatly over the last decade.

4. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

I remember the pt cruiser being hot on the streets when released, now nobody goes near them lol

5. DudeNY12

Yup! At the time Chrysler couldn't build them fast enough. I think everyone wanted that retro styling. However, it was never a good car. It was based on the old Neon platform.

6. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Bugatti Chiron

..[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. LA

LA Well-Known Member

8. LA

LA Well-Known Member

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Upload it to youtube, then copy everything after the equal sign on the web address. Paste it in a post, highlight it, then select the youtube icon in the post menu. (next to the icon you use to put a line through text) Done. :cool:

10. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

That's too sweet!!!!!

11. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Getting it to YouTube is the problem. Lol

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I got you lol.

It's probably easier to do from your computer, if you can load it to your computer then you're gold.

At that point you may just need to find the file path, or location on your computer. As long as you can find it when you click on the icon to upload in you tube, you're good.

Where ever you go to watch it on your computer, just left click it to find the file path once you know that you will be able to find it.

This will help you get it on your computer.

http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/an...and-videos-from-an-android-smartphone-to-a-pc

13. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I do everything from a 6+

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Lmfao!!

16. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

:smt043:smt043

17. 4north1side2

Nice! The fastest I've went was 124mph in a Audi a8l.

Finally signed up to uber after putting it off for months. Uber and lyft are great on the customer side of things, yellow cab is nortoriously bad in my city so it's awesome to have a cheaper and quicker alternatives.

Now I always had my reservations about being a driver for uber and lyft, I'm always wary period of things that sound too good to be true which seems to be the case with uber how they sell you this idea of making $35 a hour or $80,000 a year.

I looked more into it and crunching numbers. Uber totally rips drivers off. It's simply not worth it driving your car quickly into the grave. I feel so sorry for all those people who brought brand new cars thru uber and lyft programs thinking it'll be a career changer.

Just keeping Uber as a back up plan in case I fall on hard times.

18. DudeNY12

I had my '06 Acura TL up to about 138 MPH once (not sure of the exact speed as I was afraid to look down at that speed), and it was still pulling hard when I backed off. I know that Acura now governs their cars to about 130 MPH like many others in the USA, but my understanding is that in '06 they had them wide open.

I drove for Uber about 1 year ago for about 3 months. I generally did it for 1-3 hours each time, and usually after 8:00 PM. It was mostly a positive experience, and good way to earn a few extra dollars. However, I always tell people that beyond that... It's not at all a good career move. I liked that there was no cash involved, and the total flexibility. Most of my passengers were pleasant, and I enjoyed it. Some even asked to ride up front which I didn't mind at all.

19. 4north1side2

I need to find a stretch of road to rip it wide open like you guys.

When I'm bored, I'm definitely going drive for Uber hoping to have some awesome Uber tales to tell like others. I would enjoy hearing the drama of people's lives or being invited to random get togethers and parties. Since you've drove for them, I think uber slashed rates once or twice. They have so many drivers now that they can continue to slash rates.

What are you guys pet peeves when it comes to other drivers?

I cannot stand the ignorant ass holes who go slow in the passing lane and refuse to move over. If I'm not in a rush, I just flip on my high beams and ride they ass till they move over.

A lot people are assholes when it comes to people passing them. They'll be a wide gap for a car to change lanes, soon as a driver signals to changing a lane, some asshole speeds up to stop them. Shit leaves me baffled to why people do this.

20. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I hate the "turtle in the passing lane" driver!! . It burns me up! And I hate the lane changer that pulls out to pass but maintains the speed of traffic. Smh.

We have open road to let loose on but you have to watch out for deer!! They can work a number on a vehicle.