Car talk

Discussion in 'Science, Technology, and Green Energy' started by goodlove, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Agreed. I'm a fan of Japanese engineering with every thing from cars to computers. There are only a few American cars I would consider owning. European cars are out, unless I hit the lottery and simply have cash to burn.

I like S Korea for products too.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Put a little bit of thought into it and honestly the only American cars that pique my interest are the Viper, Corvette, and the Caddy V series coup. Nothing against the other ones. The Camaro is sexy just not my thing.

3. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

My choices too. My choice for the V sedan is because I have children. Lol. There are too many Camaros in my area so I dislike them. I would have the Z28 though. My love happens to be Godzilla!! What I'd give for it!!!

4. buglerroller

buglerroller Well-Known Member

I back this statement!!

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I feel you. The ONLY reason I don't have love for godzilla is that it doesn't come in a manual. If it did it would be perfect!!

6. buglerroller

there comes a point where you realize you can't shift faster than a computer. there is only one car that makes you understand that having a third pedal is irrelevant.

7. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Viper has always been my all time favorite car but dodge fucked up with its latest iteration. It flopped hard.

8. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

You can just as much fun in a automatic if the horsepower is there!!!!!!
    That DCT is the shit!!! No human could possibly shift faster!!! That's were American vehicles have fallen behind. The Z07 and new V's transmission claims to mimic DCT shifting but still doesn't compare in the videos I've watched.

9. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I would have to agree.

10. goodlove

goodlove New Member

I hear people saying the same thing

11. goodlove

goodlove New Member

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Just hold the steering wheel and mash the gas? Lol. I would get bored. I need more involvement. Sure the performance is there but I like the control. It goes along with the control you have in the handling. That's part of the reason I prefer sports cars over muscle. Can you control the muscle cars around curves? I like making machines do exactly what I want.

If someone beats me with an auto transmission then so be it. I wouldn't say that it isn't fair.

13. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think I just love the feel of having a clutch and manual shifting. That said, I freely admit that these DCTs are awesome

14. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

You have control with DCT. It's roughly a automatic with a clutch. Lol. Trust me, with 500+ horsepower at your right foot, you'd love it!!!! And you can control muscle around a curve (now). The suspension is the key.

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

If you are changing the gears electronically it all depends on how the ecu is programmed, perhaps they got it right. I wouldn't mind test driving it. I think I would still prefer the feel of the stick and clutch, but willing to try something new.

16. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

You can drive in auto or manual mode. Manual is you shifting with the paddles! I have the same shifting on the V but it's delayed and I don't like that. The DCT is you shifting but at the speed of the electronics.

17. buglerroller

this man speaks the truth!

18. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Example:
    [YOUTUBE]pnjKPLsHyj8[/YOUTUBE]
    I don't know the mods but pay attention to the shifting!

19. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Lol why they alter the speed of the video. Like someone else said, it's fast but not that fast.

20. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Compare the film car to the street lights. They both stay the same speed. Now look how the GTR accelerates.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016