Car talk

Discussion in 'Science, Technology, and Green Energy' started by goodlove, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Another example of the shifting. He shifts manual on the down and automatic while driving back. Btw, this GTR is highly modded.
    [YOUTUBE]6opxOvQdzZU[/YOUTUBE]

2. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Look at the lane lines, video was sped up. Video was edited but he added the og audio to the video.

3. 4north1side2

Cls had no chance

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Nice Classic

They open the hood at around 14:30

Jay takes it for a drive at about 18:50

[YOUTUBE]4XTy3G5NZDc[/YOUTUBE]

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The classic Vettes are sexy and probably a lot of fun to play with. It's only has 4 gears but still.....

[YOUTUBE]vwXvLhAlDWc[/YOUTUBE]

6. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Great video. I drove a 1993 300Z in 1999. It was my affordable dream car!! How I would love to have one now!

7. 4north1side2

Sexy beast

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I like the 300z. You don't get to see them often anymore.

I like the R34 skyline too!

9. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Sounds like you're more into classic cars.

When the R34 first came out I used to dream about owning one.

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Maybe. I like some of the newer ones too. In the case of the R34, I much rather have that than the newer Gtr because it's a manual. I don't like the new NSX because it's not manual either.

The new corvettes are hot but I like the models from the 1960's and 90's just as much. With the older ones I could get a better deal and spend more money customizing and modifying it. Same with some of the other older model cars. So part of the reasoning is would you rather have one sports car or 3. :) The newer model cars aren't doing enough to make me forget the others.

Example: If I wanted a 4wd manual sports coupe what are my choices?

I like the M series BMW's but we know why they are usually not worth owning. If I were to go the European car route it would most likely be Porsche anyway.

I also like the appeal of having cars that are not seen all the time. The only other way to do that is to buy a Lambo.

11. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I don't think I would be happy with it now (speed wise). I thought my car was fast. Lol. Now, a maxima would totally kill it. Technology has come a long way!
    That R34 would float my boat as we speak!!
    So did I!! I would love to have one right this minute!!!

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

*dead*

13. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

I need a new car... My maxima is beautiful but she is tired and worn. Hoping she'll last another year with 150k miles on her

14. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Are you going to sell it?

15. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Anyone going to the NY auto show? One of my close friends and myself are big car fans, and we've been going to the NY auto show each year since our teen years

The Maxima has used the same V6 engine since '02, and it has been a great engine for Nissan. I bet it'll do just fine with regular maintenance.

I go back and forth on buying my next new car. My hoopdy is a Civic with 170k miles, and I drive this car like there's no tomorrow. It's a fun car because it has a 5-speed manual tranny. Even my regular car (an Acura TL) now has 160k miles. I bought it new in '06, and it's been up and down the east coast and out to the midwest many times. I'll probably drive both until mid '17 if they continue to be reliable.

Also... Beautiful new profile photo.

16. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

I absolutely adore my car... I do worry how much longer she will be loyal to me since I drive her nearly every day to commute to work in this horrible traffic. I wanna keep her forever, but I also would love a new whip.

Thank you :)

Sounds like you have kept your vehicles in top notch condition! I have too but I'm starting to have to put in more maintenance than usual to keep her running smoothly. I love my car, I just hope she'll last a lil longer!

17. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Love, love, love these cars. My mother bought me a 260z for my senior year in highschool. They're super easy to work on, they look great and they're fun as hell to drive.

Wish I still had mine, too (not that I could drive it ...lol)

18. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Yeah that when keeping the scheduled maintenance come in but getting a 2nd car would be wise. I would keep both. I'm looking to get a 2nd myself

19. DudeNY12

I do tend to stick to the maintenance schedule in the owner's manual. I say this because I've found that some dealerships/independent shops will often recommend more service than what's in the owner's manual. Also, I tend to do some small stuff myself, but always staying aware of my limitations:). I'm easy-going about many things, but I have little patience for a car when it becomes a money pit. Yes, you are at that point where some of those original parts are simply wearing out. I had to replace the starters on both cars last year, and exhaust on the Civic. Again... If I'm betting... your car will continue to do just fine.

20. DudeNY12

I do enjoy having two cars, and my Civic is old enough that I only keep liability insurance on it.