Celtics coach banned over his messy affair with a white co-worker.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Bliss, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Normally in the NBA, it's no one's business if affairs happen between staff, but the woman cut it off, and Ime Udoka wasn't hearing it. He wanted her back, badly. That's when his actions hit the fan, apparently.

Screenshot_20220923-180613_Chrome.jpg

He is engaged 10 years to his Baby momma, Actress Nia Long, and the white coworker is also married.

Matt Barnes weighed in, then he quickly weighed right out!
    Screenshot_20220923-175254_Daily Mail Online.jpg
    Ex-NBA star Matt Barnes warns Ime Udoka scandal is '100 times uglier'
    https://mol.im/a/11244285

Stephen A Smith, too.
    Screenshot_20220923-175522_Daily Mail Online.jpg
    Stephen A. Smith can't fathom why Boston Celtics didn't FIRE Ime Udoka https://mol.im/a/11243857

and now Nia has, saying she's about focusing on her kids.

He's been suspended for a year.

On Thursday, the Boston Celtics issued a statement on Udoka's immediate suspension from the team. At the time, they said Udoka had violated "team policies," and noted his future with the team will be evaluated.

Udoka later gave a statement to ESPN's Malika Andrews on the alleged relationship:

"I want to apologize to our players, fans, the entire Celtics organization, and my family for letting them down. I am sorry for putting the team in this difficult situation, and I accept the team's decision. Out of respect for everyone involved, I will have no further comment."

Udoka has been head coach of the team since 2021.

Dang.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
  2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20220924-113022_Daily Mail Online.jpg

Screenshot_20220924-113005_Daily Mail Online.jpg

Stephen A Smith made a good point. Everyone is speculating and it damages the innocent, which is why he feels the woman should be identified.

But she also has privacy rights, so this will continue unless SHE steps forward or files a criminal complaint, or public lawsuit against the coach or the Celtics. (Or if Ime releases her name.)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2022
  4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

ESPN host Malika Andrews took former NBA player Kendrick Perkins off the air on her show because he was calling out the Celtics only punishing Ime and no one else. Good point!

So now that they have found a new (interim) coach, he's 34 yrs old, and will be THE YOUNGEST BLACK MALE COACH in NBA history, Malika without prodding, looked into his past and did this on her show...

Why Malika, why?

He was 18! He took his punishment. Now he may lose his life-changing promotion because of you, but looks like you may, too, as fans are calling for your removal. (But they won't because you're protected at ESPN.

5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

LOL, where's the video of her going at it with Stephen A. Smith?

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Here... they go at it.

7. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Wow! What is her problem. They're right. She deserves punishment as well being as it was consensual. She is not a victim.

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

SAS is so on point here! This one is real good!

Screenshot_20220924-134822_YouTube.jpg

9. ColiBreh1

The fact that they suspended him for the entire year & are still considering firing him just tells me the BTS details are worse than has officially been reported:

EDIT:

I heard that Udoka was harassing the chick after the affair was over. That's supposedly how this scandal blew-up.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Did you read my opening post?
    I had posted that in the first paragraph.

(It's also likely why Matt Barnes retracted his support)

11. ColiBreh1

If the rumors are all true about Udoka's affair being with a staffer who is also the wife of a front office exec & that Udoka was harassing her after the affair, I think he ends up being fired. That's too much dirt in the public & will be a PR nightmare bringing him back.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Wife of a Front office exec? Yeah, he's done from the Celtics.
    Exec probably found out, told her to end it and Ime wasn't ready to. Dang. Hope he doesn't end up like Delonte West. :eek:

EDIT: TMZ's exclusive saying it's the team's travel organizer/planner.
    https://www.tmz.com/2022/09/24/celt...ssistant-travel-planner-nia-long-move-boston/

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
  13. ColiBreh1

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

• List
  15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

• List
  16. Jeffrey Tripp