college football fans?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by learnin2fly08, Dec 14, 2008.

1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Go Bama

2. 89sounds

89sounds New Member

Go ND!:smt110

3. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

:p

i think i like college football more than I like the pro stuff tbh

4. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

Georgia almost pulled it off. I'm looking forward to the Rose Bowl. Since I seen the stadium & I am from Southern California.

5. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Really enjoyed the game yesterday really had no rooting interest because I am a Gator fan, but I got to say what the hell was up with that clock managment at the end of the game. It was like they had never run the two minute drill ever. If you are Aaron Muarry a 3 year starter preseason all sec qb you should not be looking to the sideline with 15 sec left to see what the hell to do. In that situation its automatic clock the ball extend the game get the play you want and if it isnt there there is still time for one more.

As for the title game you have the aways over-hyped ND vs over-hyped Alabama. This is basically gonna come down to front 7 of ND vs the Offensive line + RB of Alabama. Whoever wins that matchup wins this game. AJ McCarron is not the type of QB thats going to light you up vs good defenses this year he basically has done nothing. LSU dominated him except for that last drive and lets face it he did his damage against a prevent defense and on a screen when they blitzed. Against A&M multiple ints includung when the game was on the line, and vs GA did nothing except 1 throw,basically the Lacey and Yeldon won that game. This is the most physical team that ND will have played all year on both sides of the ball but Alabama doesnt have that dominate pass rush that they used to have and need to blitz to get there and the secondary can be exploited as it was against LSU. A&M, and GA. ND runs an up tempo spread offense similar to A&M and ND qb Golson is a guy just like Manzel who is mobile but they lack the outside playmakers their big play guy is the tight end.

6. SexyBaltimorean

SexyBaltimorean New Member

Georgia's last drive was miraculous. Too bad they came up short. Great game, though...

7. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Not to sound too cocky or anything, but you might as well already save us a spot in the BCS national title game next season.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yeah, it might be a dynasty.:smt045

8. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I don't watch college football, but I will be on New Year's Day as my alma mater is going to the ORANGE BOWL!!

Screw the haters who think it's "ridiculous" that NIU got into a BCS game.

Show 'em what you got, Huskies!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Congrats and good luck to them!

9. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Check out this hit y'all!!!:smt005

[YOUTUBE]W26Dcns1Mxg[/YOUTUBE]

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

and this is why people literally laugh at Roger Goodell

players are trained to merc a mothafucka from day 1..that's just football

people love that shit..listen to the crowd, announcers and look at the coaching staff

11. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Exactly. Everytime I hear Roger Goodell mention the words "player safety" or "integrity of the game" I wanna vomit. There's no such thing as a defenseless player on a football field.

As long as you got a helmet & pads on then you're obviously not defenseless. smh

But ole boy Jadeveon Clowney blew that mu'fucka back to the stone-age with that hit. lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

didnt know who he was before seeing that, but wherever i look people are saying he's doing nothing but upping his draft status

he's got a motor and they love that

:smt034

13. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Last night's game was disappointing to watch. I knew they didn't have a chance, but I was really hoping that they'd show the naysayers what's up.

Unfortunately, that didn't happen. But at least FL State didn't score like 45 points against them in the first half. It could have easily have been worse for NIU.

Oh well. Better luck next year. I hope they continue playing at the level they played at this year and things improve for them on the national stage next season.

14. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Even though I knew it probably wouldn't happen, I was really hoping that NIU would pull off the upset. FSU didn't even hit its stride until the fourth quarter and it seemed like NIU just ran out of gas.

15. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

...And it looks like I got my upset with the Sugar Bowl. As much as I love to root for the SEC team in every game, I have to admit that I love an upset. Especially when Florida is the team being upset :smt045

Teddy Bridgewater!

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

gig em Aggies

[​IMG]

17. goodlove

goodlove New Member

u are rite on sooo many points....

18. Nikkers

Nikkers Well-Known Member

Excited for the championship game tomorrow night! the Crimson Tide and Notre Dame, classic match up :)

which team y'all rooting for, if either?

19. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

I'm ready for the college football season

20. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

^^^Ready!

[​IMG]