college football fans?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by learnin2fly08, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

I hated him when he was at Tennessee, and I don't even like Tennessee! I don't think anyone likes Lane Kiffin so much as tolerates him. He just irks the shit out of me.

2. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Are you ready my friend?!?! You know I enjoy the heck outta you...but not tomorrow :p

[​IMG]

3. Since1980

Oh, you know I'm ready. It's going dine in Athens.

I won't even lie, though I'll be pulling for LSU to beat Bama in a few weeks but today it's all about them Dawgs!

4. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

NIU is just quietly winning all of their games.

NIU 55
    Purdue 24

GO HUSKIES!!!

5. RaiderLL

Good game so far!!!!! LSU will pull ahead in the next half ;)

6. Since1980

Games like this are why I have to drink, whether I want to or not. The fourth quarter is where I start getting heart attacks :rolleyes:

7. Since1980

The Heart Attack Bowl

[​IMG]

This is an early contender for game of the year. LSU was in full beast mode as usual but Aaron Murray came through in the clutch. Damn I love my Dawgs!

8. RaiderLL

Lol at heart attack bowl (you and me both btw lol). I think the score is proof...great game :smt045

9. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

As a Gator fan gotta say helluva game between two great teams thats the kinda showcase game you like to see. My only problem is as a gator fan we got both of them looming later in the season.

10. Since1980

That's true but on the bright side, Driskel's out for the season and so far Murphy has been a much better QB than anyone expected. I think that injury was the best thing to happen to the Gators this year, so of course I was not happy about it lol.

I feel your pain about LSU though. Y'all have to play them on the road in Baton Rouge...ouch!

11. RaiderLL

Yes, yes they do :smt045 Two weeks :)

12. Since1980

[​IMG]

Lane Kiffin Was Fired In The Most Cold-Blooded Way

After last night's 62-41 loss to Arizona State, USC head coach Lane Kiffin was unceremoniously dumped like a bag of trash at the airport by athletic director Pat Haden. Judging from the details, he never saw it coming, and needed a ride home from LAX.

Scott Wolf of the Los Angeles Daily News reported the goods about Kiffin's canning.

http://deadspin.com/lane-kiffin-was-fired-in-the-most-cold-blooded-way-1421405896

If you ask me, it couldn't have happened to a classier guy 8)

13. RaiderLL

^^^I saw that on Sports Center this morning!

I was watching the Oregon Ducks game with a friend last night and once the USC score popped up on the bottom of the screen, he looked at me and guaranteed Lane would be fired lol. No surprise here...Lane should've seen it coming!!! :cool:

14. Since1980

What kills me is how he can get so many great recruits year in, year out and yet not do anything with them. Any other coach would kicking ass at USC and be giving Oregon and Stanford a run for their money every season. At least we know he won't ruining any other programs anytime soon. Twenty bucks says that they go after Gruden lol.

15. RaiderLL

Oregon is ridiculously talented...someone needs to give them a run for their money! I say no to Gruden though...I still want him for the Raiders once Dennis Allen busts (not that I dislike the guy...I just want Gruden!). USC can take Jeff Fisher :)

16. Since1980

The Heart Attack Bowl Part II: The Sequel

[​IMG]

Georgia is fucking killing my chest right now. And so many injuries...

17. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

I was amazed at this game I assumed UGA was going to kill UT turned into yet another SEC classic. I knew though at 1:54 left it was too much time for UT to hold knew it was going to OT. Found myself torn though because I really dont like either team but I guess it would be nice to have UGA vs UF be the de facto SEC title game on the 2nd assuming we make it there undefeated.

Hopefully I get to see lots of this next saturday.
    [​IMG]

18. RaiderLL

I didn't see the game, but I saw the injury to Bennett replayed during the LSU game. Definitely sucks :(

LSU stomped Mississippi State though, if that brightens your day at all ;)

19. RaiderLL

Awww, don't hold your breath...LSU will pull out a win next Saturday :smt045

20. Since1980

I thought that it was going to be a blowout, too. It was a damn good game but that wasn't really a win so much as an escape. Still, I will take that W any way I can get it. October was supposed to be easy... :smt090

That's going to be a good game. Two weeks ago I would have said that LSU is a definite lock to win but it looks like Florida may have an offense to match that insane defense that they have. I can't wait!

That does brighten my day a little bit, especially after both Bennett and Marshall were injured. Dawgs were dropping left and right. Having a bye before playing Florida will be exactly they need. Now LSU just needs to beat Florida and Bama and I'll be straight. :eek:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013