college football fans?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by learnin2fly08, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

2. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

I'm sorry love :( Missouri looked really good, but unfortunately because of all your injuries it was probably tougher on your boys than it should've been.

On a brighter note...

GOOOOO LSU!!!

3. Since1980

Those injuries made a big difference...two running backs and three receivers and it shows. But tonight, the lack of defense caught up to us. So far this season we've only held one team below 30 points. An explosive offense is only going to get you so far. I still bleed red and black though. :cool:

On the other hand, I have to admit Florida losing did make my day a bit better. I was worried that their offense would start to become as good as their defense but their QB isn't quite there yet. Now imma need LSU to beat Bama in a few weeks. I'm sick of hearing "Roll Tide" lol.

4. RaiderLL

Did you see Alabama play today? They looked ridiculously good. Most games don't make me that nervous when it comes to LSU...but the Bama game, definitely has me sweatin a little.

We'll have to see how that one goes down. Obviously I'm on LSU all the way, but it won't be easy.

5. RaiderLL

For my own sanity I'm just going to pretend that LSU didn't play today...and based on their performance this afternoon, that's not much of a stretch. Terrible, absolutely terrible.

Oh, and fuck Ole Miss.

6. Since1980

This day has been full of upsets. On the bright side at least LSU made it competitive. Plus it was a road game. If it had been at home it would have been a different story. Plus y'all don't have to play Mizzou.

And no, that last part wasn't a typo.

7. Since1980

Also, Jameis Winston is going to win the Heisman this year. It's almost scary how good this guy is...and he's only a Freshman! Clemson is getting massacred right now lol.

8. RaiderLL

I can always count on you to point out the silver lining :freehug:

9. Since1980

Between Georgia's injuries and Atlanta's injuries I have mastered the art of silver linings. :p

10. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Well my guys did play Mizzou and they still gotta play UGA, South Carolina, Vandy, and in the finale Famous Jameis and FSU so what I am saying is I got nothing but pain and misery in my future. No offense, an injury depleted defense, fighting among themselves, and what seems like a totally inept coaching staff. Its going to be an interesting next month and a half in Gainesville.

At least LSU has got and outside shot at Atlanta, my guys will be lucky to get to .500 and a bowl game this year.

11. RaiderLL

Aww I'm sorry! I do appreciate you sharing the art though :smt058

Yea, you guys do have it pretty rough. LSU ain't looking too bad after hearing about all your struggles lol. Georgia has it crazy rough also. I do feel for you guys!

12. Since1980

I honestly don't know how the UGA/UF game is going to turn out. Florida's got no offense but Georgia's got no defense so that's a tossup. South Carolina and Vandy are going to be tough. I feel your pain and you know that means a lot coming from a Georgia fan lol.

At the beginning of the season I figured that the SEC East would be decided in Jacksonville but it will probably be decided next week in Columbia (not that one, the other one). Mizzou gets South Carolina and T A&M at home, and Ole Miss and Kentucky on the road. If they beat SC (which is looking more and more likely these days) then they've basically won the East. It looks like It'll be Bama vs. Mizzou in Atlanta for the Championship. I'm already pulling for Mizzou to run the table and hopefully beat Bama since I'm sick and tired of hearing "Roll Tide." With the way their schedule is set up they pretty much control their own destiny at this point.

I feel you about FSU's QB though...that kid is a fucking beast. I know that Clemson is prone to fuck up epically in big games but they just straight got the whine and piss beat out of them. I'm glad that we don't have to play them because our season is painful enough as it is. :smt011

13. Since1980

Sadly there's not a whole lot you can do against Bama except wait for them to screw up but A&M has absolutely zero defense. Yet another silver lining. :mrgreen:

And a silver lining for myself as a Georgia fan: not being in the conversation for a national title makes the rest of my season much more stress free lol.

14. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

This saturday Alabama vs. LSU

15. RaiderLL

Huge game! Can't wait! :smt026:smt038:smt026:smt038

16. Since1980

LSU has some injuries and their defense isn't as good as it was last season but dammit, I'm still pulling for the upset. Meanwhile it looks like Stanford has beating Oregon down to a science. Their defense is ridiculous!

17. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, my alma mater, NIU, is currently ranked 21, is 9-0 this season, and no one is talking about them. LOL.

All thanks to this guy: http://www.niuhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jordan_lynch_402677.html

People need to start respecting the Huskies and what they're doing in the MAC and they're looking good to go to another bowl game this year. :smt023

18. Since1980

That's because the whole "strength of schedule"business gets in the way. As far as I'm concerned being undefeated in any conference is nothing to sneeze at.

And on that note, it's time for the fight---I mean, game. Come on LSU!

19. Since1980

Shit...I can't tell if Bama is that good or if teams just fold up when they see crimson. If any team was going to beat them this season it was LSU. It looks like it's gonna be a threepeat this season after all. And that defense, though...

20. RaiderLL

Smdh. I had such high hopes, and they were crushed tonight. Sooo frustrating :smt011