college football fans?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by learnin2fly08, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

The worst (or best, if you're a Bama fan) is how easy they make it look. With the exception of Texas A&M they haven't really struggled all season. It makes me wonder why AJ McCarron isn't in the Heisman discussion. Jameis Winston is good but right now it's hard to make the argument for him over McCarron. And I don't even like Bama!

2. Nikkers

Nikkers Well-Known Member

3. Since1980

Are you trying to say that you're a jinx on your team? I'll never believe that lol. And being undefeated is awesome! I miss being a fan/alumni of a school with an undefeated team...

4. Nikkers

Nikkers Well-Known Member

Well, they went from being "just a club" in 2007, my ex played for them starting in 2008. They must've needed a year to recuperate from having him on the team :p I wasn't around for this season, and last season I only went to 2 games, so it's probably not me ;)

A recent graduate is with the Utah Blaze (don't really know much about it though). Another has scouts coming to see him on a seemingly frequent basis... so I think the coach is pulling together a better team overall, and increased funding.
    Instead of deaf guys from deaf schools getting on the team "just because" they played ball in high school, hard of hearing non-signers are being recruited, those with better skill :p

From the names I *do* recognize on the roster, they take the game more seriously too. They're the kind that would willingly stay in on a Friday night, to ensure a "W" on Saturday. (Meanwhile, the guys I knew when my ex was playing/ coaching didn't take it as seriously).

I just wish I could've been there watching that game. Another reason to find an American to marry *laughs*

5. Since1980

6. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

^^^Precisely how I felt last weekend.

The last minute of your game today must've just killed you. Crappy way to lose :(

7. Since1980

I still can't believe that last play! We were so close to winning. Going into this weekend I figured that Georgia may have had a shot but the first three quarters reminded me that nope, we're still nowhere close to where we were this time last season.

Last week was fucked up, too. I was really hoping that LSU would be able to knock off Bama but now it looks like it's up to Auburn in a couple of weeks. Damn I'm gonna miss college football when it's gone!

8. RaiderLL

Yea, I'm still bitter about that. I feel bad for my friends that have to put up with me when LSU loses on Sat, and my Raiders lose on Sun. I don't even want to deal with me when the stars align like that!

Back to your game though...the kid that caught that deflected pass, Ricardo Louis...6'2, 215 and tasty as they come :smt118

[​IMG]

9. Since1980

Oh, you silly Gators. That's not how you beat a 6-4 FCS team!

[YOUTUBE]05h49R4QX9U[/YOUTUBE]

10. Since1980

Well, I guess he's okay if you go for the tall, muscular, young, athletic type lol. I will gladly fill the role for all of the ladies out there who want none of the above! :freehug:

11. RaiderLL

I take it back...I take it alllll back. Ricardo who??

I want some since, since and more since. :smt077

P.S. You're not fooling anyone with that nonsense. We've seen the pics you post :smt007

12. Since1980

Lol in that case, I'm satisified! Can't do anything about the height but for the pure, unfiltered sex appeal that is Raider I can do a few more squats :p

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

John lynch (who) for heisman bitches

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Ehh that should be Jordan lynch for NIU oops

15. RaiderLL

I wonder what his chances really are? I'd imagine the chances are slim, but anythings possible I guess.

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Everyone's saying he's got a shot at an invite but not really to win it

17. RaiderLL

Yea that's probably about right. From the very little I know, his stats aren't good so IMO he's lucky just to be included in the convo :)

18. RaiderLL

:smt058

No squats needed lol. I like your frame as-is, thank you very much!

19. Since1980

I was wondering who John Lynch was lol.

With Jameis Winston's legal problems and Johnny Football losing to LSU he may just move up a few spots. I still don't thing people should sleep on AJ McCarron though. I can't stand Bama but he has been outstanding the past three seasons.

20. RaiderLL

The whole Jameis Winston thing is incredibly disappointing. Either he raped a woman, or false accusations are being slung his direction...regardless of which is true, the impact it'll have on his future could be tremendous. It's unfortunate all the way around.

As for Johnny Football, he can suck it lol. I'm not a fan, so him going down (and looking that bad while doing it) to LSU was awesome :)