Conspiracy Theories...Have any?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, May 16, 2017.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

2. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

People who trade in conspiracy theories are easier to manipulate because it's harder for them to tell lies from truth, therefore they will believe almost anything a like minded politician tells them.

I'd be embarrassed to post what you did, ColiBreh1 Twitter is NOT a news source. It's a cesspool of suspicion, accusations, paranoid delusions and fever dreams.

Remember when Putin said he was invading Ukraine to fight Nazis?? The rest of the world knew he was lying, but many Russians believed their dear leader. You know why? Because Putin has been gaslighting his own people since before most of them were born.

Also, have you ever questioned why the majority of these 'news items' seem right-leaning directly or indirectly accusing liberals/progressives of bad behavior?

If you really want to know the 'truth' about these right wing news stories, you need to read actual, professional journalists and reporters who are held accountable for what they say with their own jobs.

If you're reading stories on twitter from someone who doesn't do basic sourcing for what they say, that's a problem.

3. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

A driver's GPS instructed them to drive I think off a cliff. Deliberate?? The war against the machines has begun...

4. fly girl

fly girl Well-Known Member

I believe the current private space race is about mining the moons resources. Read an article about 20 years ago claiming the natural resources on the moons surface were so valuable that it would be financially profitable for private companies to ship these rare elements back to earth. I still geek over private citizens flying in outer space.

5. fly girl

Elon buys Twitter claiming people need a virtual town square (while lamenting freedom of speech degradation). He also launched a large number of private satellites. Meanwhile, Trump it meeting with self proclaimed white nationalists who have large following on their podcasts, YouTube channels, etc.

what if Elon is using Trump for his followers to play Game of Thrones irl? Think about it. He has control of a very large public platform with satellites to insure the people stay connected. Meanwhile Trump is meeting with fringe elements who have a huge following. It’s like they are laying the ground work for another insurrection.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. fly girl

I am afraid Tyre’s beating death may come down to seizure laws. The task force who beat him were responsible for over $100,000 in asset seizures.

Pick a nice car driven by a young black man, provoke a confrontation to give you reason to search his car, and hope you come up with drugs so you get to keep his shit.

7. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

And then throw more salt on the wounds by posting bail :’-( I see they’ve kept the discharges coming. Memphis police are corrupt period, I experienced it first hand becoming friends with two officers. There’s no such thing as on duty lol. Police corruption exists everywhere even here. A few years back at Easter time I’d just finished work and was unorganised and needed to source some Easter eggs for my son, there was none at this one store (welcome to Australia) so I needed to go elsewhere fast before the store closed. I knew I couldn’t do a u-turn because a no U-turn sign had just freshly been installed a few weeks prior, but there were four cars in front of me so it was a monkey see monkey do situation lol would you believe the very FIRST car doing the ‘illegal’ u-turn was an unmarked police car!! The cop was such a smart ass to me and didn’t let me off of course because it was double demerit points being Easter time. When I had time to think about it I’d called up a number on the fine and explained the situation to another officer only to be told ‘police can do what they do what they want’ including setting up Easter egg hunters lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The whole concept of policing is flawed because it's all about enforcing laws and not about protecting and serving the overall public. That's why policing has become so politicized especially in America since it's all about enforcing laws and rules instituted by politicians who mostly come from the wealthy ends of society. And even when they don't come from that section of society a good number use their status and influence to try to become part of that social class.

9. beccaomecca

I did read speculations that it was a personal attack due to Tyre being in a relationship with and working with Demetrius’ ex-girlfriend and baby mama. I guess we’ll soon find out if that’s true.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. fly girl

I read that too. Which would explain, because without a reason it is just so random and extreme.

11. beccaomecca

That’s it - otherwise man those cops are straight demons! I mean they are anyway ..