Covid-19 Central

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Madeleine, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

FB_IMG_1641647823284_(1).jpg

3. Tamstrong

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

5. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

You cannot vaccinate your way out of a pandemic that is happening real time. Why? Because the vaccines will never be effective against the new variants that come out.

Proof positive: fully vaccinated and boosted people are still getting COVID.

The only reason the flu vaccine has the potential to work every year is because a bunch of epidemiologists try to figure out the 3-4 flu variants they think are going to be raging that year and tailor that year's vaccine toward those 3-4 they think will be the most common that year. They don't always get it correct, but for the most part, they do. They get it right because those flu variants are already out there and they have a vaccine against them.

There is no vaccine available for variants they don't yet know about. Hence why we can't vaccinate our way out of a pandemic. The vaccines will ALWAYS be behind any new variants that arise. The pandemic has to end before vaccines can be created that are as effective as the flu vaccine.

6. bilbo

bilbo Active Member

???

WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

A vaccinated person stands a much better chance of avoiding hospitalization and death from covid (and its variants) than a unvaccinated person. Yes "breakthrough" infections of the vaccinated still occur but the experience of the fully vaccinated is generally a world removed from the unvaccinated.

Yes and people who wear seatbelts still get into car accidents but who you're more likely to suffer bone-crushing injury, if not death, if you don't wear one.

7. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Yes, but their cases are usually mild. Vaccinations provide very good protection agains being severely ill and having to be admitted to an ICU. I know not just by the studies that have come out but also from ICU doctors themselves. However, the choice is yours.

8. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

We had a case reported on the news here in D.C. recently of a restaurant owner and his wife both catching COVID19, and both were fully vaccinated and had their booster shots.

She had mild symptoms. He died
    This virus is scary AND it's mutating, but I think we're going to progress to a point where we treat it like the flu; we encourage people to get vaxxed as necessary and follow best safe practices.

Founder of Amsterdam Falafelshop Dies of COVID After Month in Hospital

[​IMG]

The popular founder of Amsterdam Falafelshop in Adams Morgan died from COVID-19 after a month of hospitalization. He was 70 years old.

Scott Bennett’s wife says the fact that her husband was fully vaccinated, boosted and enjoyed good health is a reminder to continue to use care and caution around others.

“He bicycled to see his favorite Nationals games,” Arianne Bennett said. “He bicycled everywhere, to go to lunch in Bethesda from Adams Morgan. That was his thing. He was a scuba diver.”

She says she and her husband both became ill with COVID-19 in December and were both fully vaccinated and boosted.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  9. Rollx007

Rollx007 Well-Known Member

The UK government dropped ALL restrictions today, no need for masks anywhere.
    Vaccines aren't mandetory.
    Thank heavens

10. Bookworm616

A sign that some sanity is returning.

We're going to have to learn to live with COVID. It's becoming more flu-like.

11. Madeleine

By the way, I tested positive today after having been vaccinated thrice. The point is I have almost no symptoms. So for me it has done its job.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  12. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I'm glad you aren't feeling sick, being vaccinated did probably help a lot.

13. Rollx007

Rollx007 Well-Known Member

We can't go another year in this chaos, this pandemic has proven how useless mandatory restrictions are, governments have no idea what they're doing.

14. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

20220118_173404.jpg

15. Tamstrong

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. Tamstrong

I'm sorry to hear you and your eight year old tested positive, but I'm glad the symptoms haven't been severe. I'm also glad to hear the vaccine has done its job for you. I hope you both are feeling better the rest of your family is still doing okay.

17. Madeleine

Thank you! Even my other son also got it the next day but they are all fine. We didn’t test the little girl but she hasn’t had symptoms. Definitely glad I was fully vaccinated when it got to me.

18. Madeleine

I’m so tired of being in quarantine.:mad:
    Kid 1 can go back to school tomorrow, thankfully. I pity the people who had to quarantine for 10 days.

19. Bookworm616

Your preconceived notions about this topic caused you to totally misread and/or misinterpret what I wrote.

I NEVER mentioned hospitalizations in the post you quoted. Not once. I just pointed out vaccinated people are getting COVID, too. Which is proof you cannot vaccinate your way out of a pandemic.

Next time, keep your bias in the background and go reread what I wrote.

As an aside, even Fauci is now admitting what some of us already knew when this thing started: the vaccines aren't working like they thought (but they're STILL trying to get people vaccinated and working on a second booster shot) and the only way out of this pandemic is for everyone to get it (which is working nicely, because more and more people are getting it - some even getting it a second time).

20. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

FB_IMG_1643848645397.jpg