Covid-19 Central

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Madeleine, Feb 25, 2020.

1. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

The message... I'd absolutely hoot and holler, but not the accent;). I imagine you could laugh at my NY'er accent, but I'd forgive you.

2. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Thank you. It's nice to know my accent isn't as "you might be a redneck" to others as it is to me. lol I wouldn't laugh at yours either. ;)

3. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I enjoyed hearing it. I get where you're coming from in that folks are quick to make fun of accents of people from rural areas and the south. Many of us urban folks in major cities (at least in the north east) are especially guilty. Funny thing is that I've always heard about the NY'er accent, but it took me moving away to really hear it. I left NYC when I was 31 y/o, and after about 1 year or so... NY accents were very noticable to me. I can even hear it in myself when speaking.

How are you doing these days? Any vacay plans on the horizon?

4. Tamstrong

I appreciate that. Yeah, I'm even guilty of that a little bit. lol I'd always tease my mama about sounding like a hillbilly between her heavy accent and being so country. She'd usually just stick her tongue out at me. lol I understand that; it's definitely more noticeable when you're not around it for a while.

Honestly, I'm just meh now. I've had a lot going on lately, and it was also a rough school year. Thank God it's over. lol No vacay plans, but a staycay is more up my alley this year. I have a few things to take care of I'm not looking forward to, but other than that I'm hoping some solid rest and relaxation will help me recharge.

How about you? I hope you're doing well. Any vacay plans yourself?

5. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

Soo this is Australia for ya. After being imprisoned for two years without being able to leave the country, ppl losing their jobs because they refused to take the vaccine, not being able to go to restaurants or pubs or simply buy a snack to go unless you were double vaxxed and were able to prove it via an app that cost $47m to create, not being able to even travel interstate until the country had an 80% vaccination rate, ppl being left with permanent heart complications due to the vaccine, a friend dying from underlying complications due to taking the vaccine, ppl winding up with mental health issues due to not being able to leave the country to see their families, sick relatives dying alone due to my own state not allowing family members to visit the gravely ill relatives, money making schemes off RAT tests, simply not being able to sneeze or fart without being speared by thousands of darting eyes, a predicted wave of many more Covid cases to come, a housing crisis that’s left many families homeless and living out of tents, wayyyy too much traffic on roads not built for all of the 44,000 ppl who migrated to my state due to constant lockdowns in their own state, mandating the require to wear masks on all public transport otherwise hefty fines apply, this morning our joke of a country has announced that it’s dropping the requirement of international travellers to Australia to be to be vaccinated. Like what the actual fk…. The hypocrisy… I get that they couldn’t keep the unvaccinated out forever but the bs we got put through for Covid and vaccines is beyond a joke.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
  6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Internist and cardiologist Dr. Peter A. McCullough has been managing the cardiovascular complications of both the coronavirus infection, and injuries developing after the COVID-19 vaccine.

He discusses his battle to provide what he considers balanced, research-based information on the prevention and treatment of COVID-19.

Regarding the spread of the Omicron variant, "the reason why it's supplanting Delta is that it's multiplying at about 70 times the rate of Delta," he explained, adding that it's broken through both natural and vaccine immunity. Over 70% of Omicron patients are fully vaccinated, and that is because the virus has learned to thrive in the vaccinated environment, he asserted. Yet, he noted that for most who get infected with Omicron, the illness is mild and short-lived.

While McCullough has been an advocate of using ivermectin as an oral COVID treatment, he reported that the new Pfizer pill looks to be even more effective.

He suggests several home treatments that he believes can act as a prophylactic measure against coming down with COVID.

This includes spraying the nose with a diluted Povidone-iodine (10%) solution, which McCollough said can kill off the virus, as it starts its growth in the nasal passage.

He also recommends such supplements as zinc, quercetin, Vitamins C and D, and the over-counter drug Pepcid, an antihistamine and antacid, "that actually inhibits bio-replication to some degree."

He further argues that "public health agencies are fueling conspiracy theories because of the lack of transparency" and that doctors in the front line of treating COVID patients should be helping set policy rather than administrators.

- Dec, 2021

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

upload_2022-7-31_2-11-53.png
    I knew when they announced yesterday he was neg after just 5 days of the announcement that he had covid, it was a false neg.
    It takes weeks to leave your system. (And then you have natural immunity for at least 90 days.)
    How can he catch it just 2 days after testing neg from catching it last week? This shit is ridiculous, and if it were President Trump, we ALL KNOW this would be top story 24/7 on the DEMSM.

8. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

9. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

Well, I tested positive for covid, I can't stop crying

10. Tamstrong

Sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better soon.

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  12. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

13. beccaomecca

i missed this, sorry to hear you got covid, hope you recovered completely. I’ve somehow managed to dodge it thus far.

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Most Aussies have dodged it. Australia definitely over-reacted to it. Pop. 25 million people in a huge country, l think like 1,000 got covid total?

15. beccaomecca

No love, sadly it was much worse than that. But because of their swiftly moves to try to contain the outbreak from the onset a lot more deaths were prevented. As much as we hated it and it pissed us off being locked down for two years it could have been a lot worse if we weren’t, did we need to be locked down for two whole years, I don’t think so, but I’m still here so can’t complain too much. The below stats are from this year alone.
    318A42CB-3520-4B92-92C1-85E3A1DE2B61.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member