Cultural Appropriation Rue from The Hunger Games Speaks Up

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by The Dark King, Apr 17, 2015.

1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Thanks for breaking it down for the slow bus all-stars

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Unfortunately people love false equivalence

3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

[​IMG]

its a tuff job but someone has to do it

4. Mighty Quinn

Mighty Quinn New Member

Eggzactly

And who am I? Just some guy :smt053

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Seriously it's like comparing replacing white actors with minorities, to replacing minorities with white actors

It seems legit until you actually think about it

6. The Dark King

Yup even though I can not stand when they replace white superheroes with black ones unless the content dictates it like Nick Fury.

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Please stop perpetuating the lie about TH.

[YOUTUBE]NgnEOmrntYs[/YOUTUBE]
    https://youtu.be/NgnEOmrntYs

The Timberland's CEO quote is also patently false..

http://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/timberland.as

Also, if Timbs didn't want Blacks wearing them...

.[​IMG]

8. The Dark King

You are missing the entire point. Myth or not there's a reason why this shit is so believable. But keep playing your game of gotcha and not actually pay attention to the real problem.

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Lol

No worries...there's a ton more people saying out of pocket shit about minorities in the media

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

A simple "l stand corrected" from you would have sufficed.
    Kinda like that tax refund thingy.
    Now, stop spreading lies about Tommy H and TL, ok? OK.

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Dollars to donuts he talked/talks shit about minorities when none are around

12. The Dark King

Bliss you weren't right on the tax refund thingy I just have no interest arguing with you about something I've been paid to do and know about it so yes I let you "have it" in there interest of not having these no one ever wins conversations.
    And it's interesting that in a thread about cultural approriation this is what you want to focus on and I read the quotes. Both of these dudes danced around what was said. Instead of saying we want people from all walks of life to enjoy our products both of them danced around this shit big time as if they were worried that somewhere someone would expose them. Especially Hilfiger considering he put to bed a 10 year rumor, why did it take 10 years to address?
    But like I said keep playing gotcha.

13. The Dark King

You gotta love how an advertisement with a black guy in means that the CEO never made a statement like he was accused of. I'm sure Donald Sterling never said n***** either since he allows black people on his team lol

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

After that sony fiasco I don't trust none of em

Sending secret emails mocking black folk n shit while taking our money, da fuq

Amy pascal can kiss my ass......until Sony drops another movie then I'm back in like flynn

15. The Dark King

Good point forgot about Sony. Seems to common practice.

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Uh yeah...in a press conference to reporters he suposedly said, "We started this company with a vision. To make the best damn boot that you can wear from the construction yard to the nearest Klan meetings without sacrificing fashion"

All these reporters there, not one reports it..but instead he's quoted by an obscure website...:smt115
    But hey, you both are desperate to keep spreading the lie. ...which only makes you look incredibly stupid at this point.

Don't buy or wear Timbs. Simple.

17. The Dark King

Again I'm not making a case of whether it true or not especially since neither flat out said no I didn't say this my products are for everyone. Wouldn't you say that? But again that's irrelevant, what is relevant is why it's so believable. It's believable because this country has a long history of using black folk for financial gain without wanting us to take part in the prosperity or giving due credit.

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

What the fluck are you talking about??

He says it clear as day in the interview - he makes his clothes for everyone. Clear as day.

But clearly you didn't watch it, huh?
    Just like you didn't read my tax REFUND comment.

I swear you argue in your sleep. Deuces.:smt006

19. The Dark King

I just watched it and he didn't say his products were for everyone he just said he wanted to sell a lot of clothes and how nice of him to "set the record straight" after the rumors have been around for over a decade and now include Latinos and Jews. When it was just blacks just let the rumor rock. Good try

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Ah...NOW you watched it...except your schooled butt decided to omit the: " l wanted to sell a lot of clothes to a lot of people" Now, if he excluded Asians, Jews, Blacks, Hispanics, and middle class Whites..well you do the math.

Curiously..which part of "the rumor died years ago" in the video, did your brain miss?
    Which part of Oprah telling you "HE NEVER SAID IT TO ME" did your brain miss?

Comprehend, the rumor lie DIED, dude. Years ago.
    But some jerkheads decided..heeeey, let's regurgitate this Oprah Show lie cause im a dumbfuck!

And then it's spread. Like on this website. Tonight. By you and Petty.
    So if you won't listen to me, then listen to Oprah..tell you..."IT'S A BIG FAT LIE!" :smt006