Cultural Appropriation Rue from The Hunger Games Speaks Up

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by The Dark King, Apr 17, 2015.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

It's a lie that he said it to her yes but once again Mistress Deflection I am questioning why something like this is so believable? If the rumor was he didn't want Asians and solely Asians everyone's eyebrow would raise and say that makes no sense but when its focused on black people its easily digestible for everyone. Why Bliss why? Because are a bunch of whiners who cling to any rumor of racism or does it fall in line with CENTURIES of practices in this country
    And wanting to sell clothes to a lot of people doesn't mean you aren't willing to exclude people. Again Donald Sterling is a great example of someone who wants to rent apartments to a lot of people unless they're black or latino then fuck no.

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

You were caught perpetuating a racist lie...Now own it. It's simple, really.

3. The Dark King

I was also talking about society as whole. Blacks adopt things like Asian martial arts and have a deep respect for those people, eat Italian food and love mob movies, blacks even buy clothing where the designers prefer us not wear them ie Timberland and Tommy Hilfiger and still hold absolutely no ill will.

This is what I said, the purpose of this was not to out Tommy Hilfiger and Timberland the purpose is to point a very real and unfortunate trend where black people can be exploited and treated like garbage for absolutely no reason other than our skin tone even if we help make people rich. Would it be better if I replaced them with Barneys? Or maybe that doesn't support your obvious and continuous attempt to derail conversations like this, I will never forget the Treyvon Martin case where you aided in the "he's a thug" campaign. "Hey look at this black and white pic of him with a gun oh wait its a damn hair dryer"
    Carry on Bliss your mo is apparent.

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

That's it I'm cuttin her off

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Keep lying , pinnochio. l showed and told you the last time you tried to pull this stunt - l mentioned l saw sites showing a photo of him, and YOU ASKED ME IF I COULD POST IT. And l did. Again..YOU asked for it.

I know you desperately want to argue with ANYONE on this Rue article .l didn't read it, I am not a party to your topic. You will not drraw me in, so quit trying.. I corrected you on a massive lie. Thus, my opinion on the other points is moot. It doesn't apply to me, ok? No point in commenting on your patterned topics because you only want to argue, never discuss. So what's the point.

6. The Dark King

Ok so basically talking is a waste of time finally we agree on something

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Absolutely (you don't talk though, you argue).
    My sole comment and point was (and remains) was to let TH and Oprah correct you on the perpetuated racist lie, so ANOTHER 10 years doesn't pass. Ciao from moi..

8. The Dark King

If people were saying something about you that was out right vicious lie you'd wait ten years to correct the lie?
    The only part I believe is he never said it on Oprah but I sure as hell believe he said it.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain

For the last time...it first reared its ugly head (the Tommy Hilfiger/Oprah racist rumor lie) years ago ...And went away.

Years later, it resurfaced. Time then to shut the imbeciles up once and for all.

You are worse though.
    In your case, you are adding more racism lies, because you can't comprehend that since the exchange never happened, it renderd the racist rumor moot...
    Because the ENTIRE racist rumor-lie CAME from/was BORN from a supposed segment on Oprah that never happened - that's the lie, TDK, and the only lie ever circulated in the Black Community.

If you STILL can't figure it out, l can't fix stupid. Seriously done educating you on it.

10. The Dark King

You're not educating shit nor have you ever had any intentions to educate you attempt to derail with your transparent and continuous attempt to derail the structures of this country and the past that lead us here. That's why any critique of the system to you is "blaming whitey", that's why any observations about the corrupt and inefficient judicial system is giving a pass to criminals. This had nothing to do with a racist rumor lie as you call it. It has far more to do with the inequities, misappropriations, and right abuse of the black mind and body that makes "rumors" so easy to believe.
    Interesting how you love spending so much time on this but absolutely not a single word on the topic at hand. Well thank you Bliss for your pseudo intellectual contribution.

11. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

To sum up the video

"Everybody wants to be a nigga, but nobody wants to be a nigga." Paul Mooney

Black People are the most imitated, copied, envied and admired people on Earth. Paradoxically, we are the most scrutinized, criticized, antagonized and oppressed people almost anywhere.

TDK why must you feed that attention starved woman her daily bread.....

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

:smt043 You rant all that(?) ..because you got schooled on perpetuating a lie.

This is why people who don't kiss your ass don't talk to you on your countless "white people are racists or oppressors" topics you keep bringing here. You said it yourself a while ago, "white people are inately racist". Who believes that but a racist black person.
    Look how quickly you unleashed your fury of the ills of the world... and blamed me. :axe:

lol, l never spoke a word on my opinion on Rue, by design (told you l didn't)....just to prove to you your agenda on the forum.

But that's how you roll...aye.
    I don't give any opinion - you rant lm responsible for the inequities and abuses of the Black mind. :eek:

I post a tip on tax refund extentions - you tell me there will be huge penalties...for not paying what you OWE. :smt108

Tommy Hilfiger and Oprah smack you over the head that it's a big fat racist lie - you say nope, he's a racist..because you "feel he is" :rolleyes:

See the pattern? You're losing it, kid. You said you were seeking out a black psychiatrist, and l think you should.
    Start with your hostilities at people who didn't say anything more that correct you on a racist lie. Then go from there. :smt006

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Be honest...it's not like black people ran this shit/benefitted from oppression in America for the past 400 years

Instead of attacking blacks who 'blame whitey,' people should question why such blame exists in the first place and help tear that system down

To be fair, many white people are fed up with the system that was clearly built for them and are doing what they can to expose and change it

That's why you see them in all of these protests/reporting on abuses

I stopped at the trayvon = thug revelation

That could have been any one of us 'walking while black'

14. The Dark King

You really gotta wonder where all the anger is coming from. What has them so fearful, You'd think we were the ones who enslaved and murdered their people.
    And people never question why the blame exists for the same reason someone like Bliss is so stuck on the racist rumor lie about Tommy Hilfiger. It's a lot easier to dismiss than it is to actually examine the real issues.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Nope..he actually blamed white people in an argument with another female member. He chsnged his tune when he got called called out on it that average WP don't have the power,...now he agrees and says the Govt, the system.....

Nope..never once called Tray a thug.
    Have hundreds of posts defending him tor you to peruse...l dare ya, lol ;) so .Yeah .find and show me. You wanna blame me for racism, don't stop there, troll.
    We were discussing (l know, imagine that...how dare we discuss here) what websites were saying, and l mentioned the photo doing the rounds, and he asked me to show it. He then found a bigger pic and it wasn't what was being stated online No issue there.
    No one lost their minds on the correction.

Like you two you two have. . here on Hilfiger and Timberlands

lt's proven here they are not a racist and what happens?I
    Pages of you two circle jerking about other racist White people, abuse and oppression of your people and of course the natural assumption that CLEARLY because it was a rumor, means Hilfiger...omg must beeee razisst. :rolleyes:
    IDK. maybe it's cause his skin is white. A crime to have with you two. Yeah, that's likely it.

16. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWNNN

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

If your 'race' enslaved another race of people...then watched them become free, strong and gain power, you'd be fearful too

It's either that or all those news reports of black crime, which dictates how they should treat an entire group of people

Of course no one studies white crime, then develops a fear of whites

Too many white superheroes and world saviors in the media for that to happen

18. The Dark King

It's been clearly proven they aren't racist or Tommy Hilfiger didn't say this racist thing on Oprah? And you're the only one insisting that the conversation is about whether or not Hilfiger and Timberland are racist organizations and that's not what's happening. The conversation has always been about why do so many people in this country love what we offer but hate us people even though we as a group never do the same.
    All caught up now boo?

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

And for the third time...the topic wasn't put into question. You parlayed TH into it.
    That was determined to be a lie.
    All you had to do was be authentic and acknowledge that yes, racism exists, but my bad...not going to perpetuate this lie (think women who cry false rape)...And gonna focus on the real racists out here.

But nope...it's too hard to swallow your hate? dislike or just silly pride to always be 'right' - even at the expense of brandishing an innocent man a racist (sounds like rapist, no?)...

What kind of anti-racist are you? Are you going to be honest or perpetuate this further based on a lie.

20. The Dark King

I explained it to you already anyone who lets something as vicious as we don't want black people wearing our clothes rock for 10 years without addressing it speaks volumes to me. Its great that he decided to address it long after TH fell out of favor with the black community and we moved on to G Unit, Sean Jean, and other hip hop inspired apparel. The clarification came across as totally disingenuous. And I have absolutely no hate, its how I'm able to converse with you, its how I'm able to put myself in the shoes of others even if it doesn't represent my own life struggles. You've seen that I have absolutely no problem admitting to when I'm wrong and changing positions ie Bill Cosby. I still have my reservations but I think out of 20 something women at least one is telling the truth and one is enough to make him a vile piece of shit. With Hilfiger I don't believe he's not racist, I believe he's a business man and like most business men will lie and spin things to fit their current needs. 10 years to clear up a racist allegation is ten years too long my friend.