1. K

K Well-Known Member

It doesn't surprise me at all. I've seen many things that call Kim K fat.

Thankfully, my experience in life has been that there are men who don't like the Swift type.

Oh and yes definitely the pics Otis posted, would be called fat (so would Kim K) where I grew up. They would have said Beyonce's legs were huge too.

2. Otis

Otis New Member

We agree on this 100%

The beauty image pushed in popular media is foreign to me (I remember reading a novel where the mature female character referred to this imagery as 'boys with breasts')

And I don't want that.

3. Otis

Otis New Member

Well this opens it up.

Generally speaking, Black folks have a different concept of 'fat'. Again to me, this standard is highly desirable.

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Seriously, they should be real and say 'most non-black people' in that survey

I guarantee you if you gave that survey round the way, the vast majority would pick Kim or demand an option for Beyoncé, nicki or some other chick with ass and legs

And people wonder why we have our own magazines and tv stations......tired of mainstream media feeding us bullshit

5. Otis

Otis New Member

Well this puts the 'they only like the fats ones' cliché in a new light.

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Lmao

Shaming us for not accepting 'their' definition of fat......the arrogance

7. K

K Well-Known Member

I've always wondered why it's such a big deal? I mean really, why the hell does anyone care what someone else likes? It has NOTHING to do with them whatsoever.

I was driving the other day and had the radio on a local rock station and these idiots were going on about women. One of them was saying how disgusting Kim K is and going on and on about how she's disgustingly fat. The other guy starts saying how he thinks she looks great and then it gets into how this guy must have no standards and just goes for whatever...on and on. The third guy is a gay man and he starts in on how gross Kim K's body is too. So then they have a bunch of people call in and they are all trashing this guy who likes "fat women".

The guy who likes "fat women" said he's always liked curvy women and when he was younger he used to hide what he really liked because he didn't want to deal with the grief from other guys.

8. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

IMO some BM don't like that they are included in the "All black men love a BBW" stereotype. I know some guys I used to play ball with would get downright offended if a larger lady approached them, as they preferred a more slender body type, and they assumed that the lady was approaching them due to the stereotype.

When similar situations happened to me I just take it as a compliment, never saw any need to get upset about it, it is almost always possible to be kind even when declining someones interest.

9. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I wasn't even aware of this stereotype when I started online dating and began to get interest from BM. I prefer to think of it as that, in general, more BM embrace different body types than WM, which is a good thing. That doesn't mean they don't have standards. To me it means they are more open-minded and realize that beauty comes in all sizes and shapes. They definitely have a different definition for fat, thick, voluptuous and curvy than most WM do.

10. K

K Well-Known Member

I also didn't know about that stereotype until I was online. I probably saw more bigger women with black men, but they were usually black women.

I've never been one to approach a man. I certainly never thought "all" black men (or any other group) like one type or another. If anything, I just thought they were more realistic about a woman's body, appreciated it more, and didn't care about what the media/fashion industry/etc showed as "ideal". I generally thought black people tended to have more confidence and had better, more healthy body images.

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

You people never watched jerry springer (or some other trashy show) or black comedians before?

12. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Would agree for the most part, in my experience Pacific Islander (Samoan, Hawaiian) men have similar preferences as well. As a Black man it is irritating to see the stereotype be so prevalent in the media, was watching the silly comedy "1000 Ways to die in the west" this past weekend and despite there being no Black characters there was yet again another "big butt on a woman, Black guy must like" joke.

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

The studios felt the need to exclude blacks from roles but include racial stereotypes

Sounds legit

14. Otis

Otis New Member

Bingo. In my view Ches, you hit the nail on the head. I find it unnatural to glorify the ultra slim archetype. Hell, the ultimate irony is that the american beauty myth is totally incompatible with the standard american diet. How many people can indulge in hot dogs, mac-n-cheese, barbeque & cold cuts, and maintain that slim-goody figure? Trés ironic, isn't it?

I can affirm that I am a realist regarding a woman's body type. And your point about the folks having a greater appreciation of the female body type has merit. All in all, Black folks regard voluptuousness as an admirable feminine quality. Insightful stuff KinCA.

15. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I would say this as well. Times 10. Lol

16. I never been with women shaped like this but damn not bad.

17. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about all the other Black men out there but my personal motto is "Fake it 'til you make it." It's worked pretty well so far.

If you get the chance, do it. Highly recommended :cool:

18. K

K Well-Known Member

In regards to????

19. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Confidence in general. Even when you're nervous or unsure of yourself you never let them see you sweat.

20. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

I have always had a hard time with showing confidence when it comes to some parts of my body. I am never happy with my body. I guess 4 kids will do that to a girl...