Dating Shows with BM/WW IR

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by kenny_g, Aug 8, 2006.

1. kenny_g

kenny_g New Member

I finally caught the second season of flavor of love on a repeat.
    Say what you want about flav but he may not have those whiteboy good looks as those "Bachelors" "ut in terms of being a reality dating show he
    does it way better than the "bachelor" ever has. He really makes the bachelor looks corny, shallow and unlively. Not only he has women of many races on his show, he has cultural women, big women, skinny women, crazy women, sexy women, classy women, slutty women, big butts, small butts, an half asian and half black girl that has never been with a brotha, etc. I mean he has every kind of woman you can think of
    in the world their is no way that shouldn't find somebody this time.

This show makes you look at the bachelor now and say who gives a damn
    if they didn't have any brothas as "the bachelor" cause it was corny as hell anyway thats why nearly all of them broke up........and as for krista or Tristen and ryan I think abc is paying them to stay together.

2. Who's The Boss

Who's The Boss New Member

Flava Flav is a clown regardless.

3. Bryant

Bryant New Member

I love flava flav. I didn't know the second season started already??

4. jxsilicon9

jxsilicon9 Active Member

I remember reading something about a black male for the bachelor. They couldn't find a black male that wanted to do it.

5. SardonicGenie

SardonicGenie New Member

It's just as well to me.

6. Howiedoit

Howiedoit Active Member

A train wreck

I did caught the 1st episode of Flavor of Love 2 and found that I couldn't turn the dial on this Train Wreck.

Flavor did this show because the woman he finally chose to be his lady was in it just for the fame. He found out she was making deals behind his back and had to let her go. Though he is not an attractive man in my opinion he has the fame and the cash that he doesn't need to have a dating show. Since he does have a venue to bring in women he will only attract "Golddiggers" or women who will use this as a stepping stone to start their "careers". If those are the quality of women Flavor can attract my advise is to . . . stay single.

7. SardonicGenie

SardonicGenie New Member

You must be medium, Howie, because you just read my mind, and in a way, it kinda goes without saying.

8. Howiedoit

Howiedoit Active Member

I see guys that look like Flavor Flave everyday in my community and some of those guys usually are holding a bottle in a brown paper bag or have a cup with a few quarters in it.

In short, any woman that he eventually end up with will TRY . . . and I do mean TRY to take his money and leave within a couple of weeks.

9. SardonicGenie

SardonicGenie New Member

Yeah. I see it comin' miles away.

10. kenny_g

kenny_g New Member

Not this season.......In this second season he is two steps ahead of everybody he had a spy in the first episode (they played like he was really listening but by the end of the show he obviously was) he got the flav-rulez where he runs back tape on everybody, he got some of his buddies checkin who is the real deal and who is not to help him eliminate.
    Trust me in this world where Lyle lovitt's and david spade's ugly asses can
    get girls so can he. Like he said three of his KIDS is by a fine latina.

Plus there are some dimes(fine ass woman/man) out there that are attracted to not what you think they would be attracted to...I know everybody on here has seen those couples.

11. Howiedoit

Howiedoit Active Member

Kenny, this maybe true and I have seen alot of less attractive men and women with overly attractive men and women and wonder how they ended up.

Call me pessimistic but I see these women on "Flavor of Love" and other shows (i.e. Bachelor, American Idol, Who wants to be a Superhero, etc.) are more in it for media exposure or letting their friends and family know that they can get on tv. Last season on FOL one of the girls Pumkin was a reality tv whore who was previously on "Blind Date" and another one this season Flav had gotten rid of because "her agent told her to go on".

Out of the remaining women only 3 at most maybe really interested in Flavor Flav but I don't believe any of them will bear any more of his kids.

12. SardonicGenie

SardonicGenie New Member

I would say that both of you have made good points about the women of the show.

13. kenny_g

kenny_g New Member

Yeah I give you that.....Alot of women do go for exposure on these dating shows but Im tellin you flav is going to find somebody with the spies, cameras, and other set-ups he is either going to find who is real are expose to the world why these shows don't work out to well. Flav aint no dummy he make act guffy at times but he got it workin out for him.

14. kenny_g

kenny_g New Member

Rundown of the second episode:

Flav has some whitegirl problems with nearly all of the ww on the show:

"Buckwild"
    "Like Dat" is on a verge to expose "Buckwild" because she thinks she is
    not who she say she is which is ghetto, hood. (To the people who watch)
    What do ya'll think about "Buckwild"? Ya'll think she is a fake, and she'll
    be expose? Or "Like Dat" is jumpin the gun?

"Wire"
    When "wire" was asked if she wanted to have flav's baby she responded
    by saying "I do want dark babies" a few girls in the house thought that was prejudice. Was she prejudice in any of ya'll minds?

"Tiger"
    "Tiger" refused to kiss flav under the bidge where it was a tradition to kiss. She blew him off, but later on in the show she was all on his lips.
    Flav was suspicous of that. Was she doing that because she really did like flav and refused to kiss him because she wanted to take it slow?
    Or she kissed him because so she won't get eliminated because she didn't
    get enough t.v. time?

15. Howiedoit

Howiedoit Active Member

Kenny,

I have to ask YOU a question:

Would you date any of these women from "The Flavor of Love"?

I have seen the 2nd episode and I believe all those women have the IQ of Shaq shoe size and have no interests in getting involved with Flav past 3 months and this time next year we will have "Flavor of Love 3".

Though Flavor is living off his music money he needs to keep in the limelight and this show is his venue. With that said his fame itself can have him pull some decent women,not the Goldiggers he has been attracting on his show. Let's face it Flav is not a Denzel Washington or a Will Smith who can have any woman with a wiggle of their finger. Those ladies he has on his show are the BOTTOM OF THE BARREL.

16. Shaun

Shaun New Member

I don't think Flav makes much touring with PE nowadays. The show is his main source of income. He makes ALOT of money off the show considering that the first season of Flava of Love was the highest rated show in the history of VH1.

He may have a 7 figure contract for the second season. Dannny Bonaducci got $300k for his short lived VH1 show, with Flav's track record from Surreal Life to his show with Bridgette Neilson, he's making alot more than that.

17. kenny_g

kenny_g New Member

If i was single I would date whoever was real on the show.
    But all in all I watch this show for entertainment and I guess with a little
    "finally" in my mind that there is finally diversity on these fucked up dating shows. Now have to ask YOU a question (and anybody else can answer as well.) Rather you are into watching reality shows or t.v. at all,
    From a brotha's perspective and entertainment perspective asides from "american idol"
    If you had to choose which reality show would you want on your televison set:
    "THE BACHELOR"
    "THE REAL WORLD"
    "BIGGEST LOSER"
    "FLAVOR OF LOVE 2"

Me it's flavor of love, because not only is the host(Flavor flav) is an interesting character, He does it better than them all.
    Now if you had to choose who does it better who would you choose?

"Any of the bachelors"
    "Joe Millioniare"
    or whomever you can think of.

Maybe it's the hoodstyle in me and you're not down with the hoodstyle
    but to me this show has that hoodstyle. (Hood comedy, girls with big butts, slang terminology, hip hop, pimpin.) Plus Im enjoying the way he
    got it set up the way he is scopin' out the fakes.

18. Howiedoit

Howiedoit Active Member

"THE BACHELOR"
    "THE REAL WORLD"
    "BIGGEST LOSER"
    "FLAVOR OF LOVE 2"

It would be "The Real World" I can see myself fighting over ONE woman with 12 men on "The Bachelor"

19. kenny_g

kenny_g New Member

But the "real world" discriminates though bruh,.....They purposely have been for years putting one brotha or sista on there, but don't have a problem picking bunches of whitefolks. Dave chapelle let that be known we he did his version of it on his show.

20. ScorpionBrodie

ScorpionBrodie New Member

>>Though Flavor is living off his music money he needs to keep in the limelight and this show is his venue.<<

As a black man,I find the whole show to be very insulting to black men everywhere. I read the recent Entertainment Weekly with an article about Flava. Although Flava has had some rough times in the past, he is getting paid for his foolishness. He has a home in Nevada and another in New York.