Dating Shows with BM/WW IR

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by kenny_g, Aug 8, 2006.

1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

haha

cant show that:rolleyes:

ur messing up the power structure/food chain

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

yeah that chad/flava shit was doomed from the get-go

dumbass producers...is that what they think we really want to see

3. playboy90210

playboy90210 New Member

exactly. and i know what the network's excuse will be since i work in commercials and advertising (which is all about demographics). the average viewer of the bachelor is 18-45 year old WHITE WOMEN of middle class and upper middle class origins. they have to find the bachelor desirable to have a vested interest in who he picks. they watch week after week hoping he picks the girl they're rooting for. the question is how many middle class educated WW find BM desirable? and im not just talking about NYC, LA, and other liberal big cities, but taking into account ALL of the USA??? Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa, Kentucky, etc. etc. this is a very BIG, WHITE, conservative country and networks like ABC pander to that.

It makes me sick...:smt095

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

isnt there's a 'black bachelor' show?

id like to see something like that, that highlights smart, educated brothas

i'm sure lots of people would like to see that too

just one of those reasons why networks like BET/TV One exist

we're so buttraped when it comes to getting our asses onto TV stations

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Me and my chick are arguing this right now. She thinks America needs to start with an athlete first and then work our way up.

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

WE'VE BEEN EXPLOITING ATHLETES SINCE FUCKING JESSIE OWENS

:rolleyes:

jesse owens, jim brown, jack johnson, TO..

we need to start looking at black guys that are entrepreneurs...wall streeters....engineers...lawyers..doctors...self-made guys that boast keen intellects and academic excellence

we've been doing the athlete shit too damn long now

what about the young 'Ben Carsons,' that go unrecognized everyday..that had to struggle against the fucking odds to become medical drs

why can't you put a young, 30-something black neurologist on a show? or a young, economy expert that works for XYZ for example

7. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

I ain't even gonna shit on the producers in Flav's case. Mufucka knew exactly what he was doing. Dude is a part of Public Enemy and knows what he stands(or stood) for. He was fully aware that his black ass was being exploited. Then the mufucka wanna get up on stage with Chuck D the next night and rock a show.

As far as Chad, I don't know who he is either or how his show was but I'm sure it was some foolishness too.

8. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Those channels are completely opposite of each other.

I actually like TV One. I wanna watch Tatiana Ali's show, but I'm not paying for cable.

9. Max Mosley

Max Mosley Well-Known Member

More women of different races find BM more desirable than you think. You may hear the excuse being attributed to "type", "taste" or "culture" but it has more to do with those particular WW taking the path of least resistance in life. Its still a white male controlled country and they know it. Theyre thinking about their white male co-workers, managers, family and social circle more than their personal desires.

That makes the few white women who ignore the above, that much more true to themselves.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. The Dark King

Cosigned my friend

11. MichaelWenton

MichaelWenton New Member

First things first the bachelor is just ANOTHER fake reality t.v. show. When are people going to realize the camera cuts and edits and how dramatic the elimination part of these shows are. You have to know by just how bad of actors they are they are reading from the script. How come they do look in the fucking camera. How come they dont want them looking in the camera? That would seem more real if they WERE looking in the camera AND talking to the camera man. It be alot fo these people's first time on camera, but they should absolutely no nervousness around the cameras.

And alot of you are correct we(black folks) need to worry about our own shit, and stop trying to get white people in the industry to do somethin they obviously dont want to do. But you have to understand Mainstream media controls the MASS public's entertainment interest. Black, white, hispanic more people will pay attention to something the mainstream media sells rather than the urban media. Mainstream media controls most of the entertainment industry there really isn't much you can do. This is one of MANY racial problems the entertainment industry STILL has. IF this gets "fixed" there are still many more that have went unnoticed just as or MUCH longer than the bachelor. Like people magazine's "sexiest man alive" contest. They have gave that to only 2 people of color... Denzel Washington and Benjamin Bratt.

12. The Dark King

Surprised MJ and Will Smith never got it. White people LOVE them

13. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Isn't Benjamin Pratt part Indigenous Peruvian?

14. BlkCasanova

BlkCasanova Guest

Are you serious in claiming you understand anything about women dude? How on earth do you claim ANYTHING you just said? Experience? What?

15. The Dark King

Do you?

16. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Evidently he understands more about women than you do. There are many women who do choose to do what's expected of them because it's easier rather than going against society's grain by doing what (& who) the hell they want. The US society (aka white men) has a lot of disdain for women who don't "stay in their place", especially when it's something as threatening to them as dating or loving a black man. Not giving in to the pressure society places on women isn't easy, but there are many who don't find the strength (or even believe they have it in them) to be true to themselves.

You make it sound like it's hard to believe that there are more women who find black men desirable, which I find disturbing...there are enough people in this world telling black men they are "less than" other men as it is without that garbage coming from another black man.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!

[​IMG]

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

[​IMG]

19. qnet

qnet New Member

Agreed!

20. Max Mosley

Max Mosley Well-Known Member

I dont even know how to respond to something like this. Its more akin to a pre-teen's rant than a rational thought. :p

Dont buy every piece of bullshit you hear about a lack of desire for black men.

Last edited: May 19, 2012