Dating Shows with BM/WW IR

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by kenny_g, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Kind of reminds me of Married At First Sight.

2. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

The premise of the show is retarded. They've really become desperate with the reality tv shows. Who would fall in love based on just a kiss? NEXT!

3. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

NEXT was a pretty funny dating reality show. So was Blind Date and RendezView. They were what they were. Fun and titillating.

4. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

5. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2016
  6. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

two threads

7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I don't usually watch reality shows, but this one caught my attention with the concept. The use of darkness is ingenious. The home where the show was taped looks very comfortable and doesn't look like a dormitory. I liked Danielle. Too bad she got cut. Nicola was, indeed a challenge. She was very sexual but she was in control the whole time with the two guys. Carly was cute and she and Calvin look great together. I forgot the blonde's name. She had a friendly vibe adout her. With the puppy, I'm sure she won't be alone.

It wouldn't surprise me if this is picked up here in the U.S.. But, then, again, I'd rather this show remain in the U.K..

8. Cherryboy

Cherryboy Restricted

9. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

10. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

VH1 has blessed us with a new similar type of dating reality show as "For the Love of Ray J" and "Real Chance of Love" starring Trey Songz. This trailer dropped today & is trending on Twitter:

11. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

Most of these dating 'reality' shows are like this. They put a token black man on there but the girls will almost always flock to the white dudes, blacks dudes become afterthoughts. And all those negros that keep boasting about how White/latina/asian/mixed chicks can't resist them, but these shows expose that lie, almost every time. Very few women genuinely find us attractive, at first sight.

We're bottom of the dating pool, sadly, but many of us are in denial about it, that's where the boasting comes from, from that insecurity.

12. Tsharp99

Tsharp99 Active Member

That's totally FALSE, when "DISMISSED" was on and they had a white girl who had to choose between a black and a white guy she choose the black guy 100% of the time with no exceptions, I know this because I've watched every episode..don't believe me , go watch the episodes on youtube. Either you're a white guy trolling or a black guy with very low self esteem because white women are snatching up brothers like crazy.

13. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Post the episodes.

14. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Feb 13, 2017

The Bachelor franchise tonight will announce on Jimmy Kimmel Live it has finally cast a black person in a lead role on the pick-a-mate reality competition series. All-things-reality-TV blogger Reality Steve broke the news this morning.

Rachel Lindsay, a 31-year-old lawyer currently competing in The Bachelor, has been cast in the lead of the next edition of spin-off, The Bachelorette.

There have been 21 editions of The Bachelor since it launched in March of 2002, including the edition now on the air. There have been 12 editions of spin-off The Bachelorette. That’s more than 30 missed opportunities over about 15 years to cast an African American in a lead role, for which the franchise, and the network understandably have been lambasted in the media and in other quarters.

Link

15. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

And of course ABC goes with a black woman first before a black man lol
    Not remotely surprised

16. K

K Well-Known Member

I think they had 3 black women on the latest Bachelor and at least 2 of them made it pretty far. The one they just named is probably the one who made it to the last few. Black men in the series, maybe there is one in the mix....I think there may have been 2 at one point. But they never lasted very long.

17. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

ABC recently hired a BW as president of the network in the last year or 2. So no doubt, she had a hand in it.

18. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Saw it coming from a mile away just more proof that Hollywood is still anti black men with white women. (don't be fooled.)

But here is my question, will there be
    more black contestants than white contestants on the new season?

19. K

K Well-Known Member

But here is my question, will there be
    more black contestants than white contestants on the new season?

Interesting question. Do you think they would have more wm than bm?

20. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

^That's the million dollar question, there should be six whites and six blacks.