Do you believe in the Afterlife?

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by Morning Star, Oct 10, 2012.

?

Do you believe in the afterlife?

1. Yes, it's real.

25 vote(s)
    61.0%
  2. No.

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
  3. I cannot say. I'll know for sure once I cease to function.

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

And that's exactly where I got off the bus being driven by creflo dollar.....

2. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Understood.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Yeah I'll pass on faith nine out of ten times it's a trick. Hope I change my mind one day

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Lmao

'Faith' is an excellent business model....it's been around for millennia

5. The Dark King

You ain't lying reverend

6. The Dark King

7. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I would love to see dead family tho and party with tupac up in thug mansion with big booty women

But...if there is no afterlife I guess it won't matter because you know...I won't be alive to have butthurt feelings????

8. Bookworm616

Well, if you have to know what to have faith in and what to be skeptical about....it's definitely trial and error.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

10. Bookworm616

I'm watching "Heaven Is For Real".

This movie brings up some interesting questions about faith and about what we say we believe and when confronted with something we're not sure is real, we're quick to dismiss it.

It's quite fascinating.

11. The Dark King

Faith is the most elusive thing to be. How can one truly believe something they haven't experienced. It's one to find it fascinating but to believe it? IDK

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Something tells me you don't have a friend in Jesus

13. The Dark King

Shit we become best friends when I gotta wait on some results ya dig lol

14. Bookworm616

But, the basis of how many scientific discoveries can be traced back to "faith".

People had "faith" that they existed before they had proof.

Faith comes in many forms, not just in the religious sense.

15. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

........For many, the day will come when curiosity about an afterlife will take a backseat to the reality of first having to go through the Great tribulation........

16. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Once again, a wonderful post! It just is. Like many other things in life.

I shared a lot already, but its a part of why I am a believer.

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

[YOUTUBE]AZQxH_8raCI[/YOUTUBE]

18. Bookworm616

:smt023

19. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

I knew you would enjoy the movie especially after your experience;)

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Divorced mother of three and a law lecturer, Louise Hamlin, lived a conventional life with no particular beliefs about the afterlife.

She revealed how her beliefs were transformed after the death of her second husband, Patrick.

The sheer volume and amazing nature of the signs, coincidences, and connections opened her eyes to the knowledge that the spirit survives bodily death. After Patrick was diagnosed with Stage 4 bile-duct cancer, he died within three months.

She decided to write a book about her bereavement process and the strange signs that transpired after his death. Hamlin said she discovered many people who have lost loved ones receive signs but don't dare to tell anyone for fear of being thought crazy.

In one instance, she was in bed and thinking about Patrick when she heard a loud thump. A book had suddenly flown off the bookcase on the half-landing outside her bedroom.

The most provocative indicator that Patrick was trying to communicate with her took the form of gibberish words that appeared inside the conversation box on her WhatsApp phone app. Among the nonsensical words, the phrase 'darling, it's me' showed up several times. Then later, she discovered after returning home that two groups had been mysteriously created on WhatsApp – one with her and Patrick, and the other, with her, Patrick, and his daughter.

During her grieving, what helped her cope was trying to live in the moment, meditating, and going to mediums. Some of the mediums zeroed in on very specific information, she marveled, such as details about a cornflower, which Patrick had worn in his buttonhole for their wedding.