Do you believe in the Afterlife?

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by Morning Star, Oct 10, 2012.

?

Do you believe in the afterlife?

1. Yes, it's real.

25 vote(s)
    61.0%
  2. No.

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
  3. I cannot say. I'll know for sure once I cease to function.

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  1. MixedCalifornian

MixedCalifornian Active Member

The closest thing one can get to the afterlife is with a substance known as DMT. Your brain releases the same chemical in your body. So in theory a DMT trip is the closest thing you can get to discovering the afterlife.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Joe Rogan fan?

3. MixedCalifornian

MixedCalifornian Active Member

Just a realist. Your brain releases the same chemicals in your brain when you die, and go to sleep. So in theory a DMT trip or sleep would be the result of an afterlife.

4. The Dark King

I've considered that too but what happens to the energy once we die. Does it all go into the ether?
    Then I also question the multiple versions of ourselves spanned out over multiple dimensions.
    So many theories to consider. Well I guess there will come a point when we all can stop wondering and find out for ourselves.
    I do find it interesting how many people side with the idea that there's nothing. I wonder what's behind that thought pattern.

5. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

At my daughter's birthday party, we had a similar discussion. My Mom, who just turned 77 and is a devout Catholic, now believes that when we die, we die.

My brother-in-law stated that he believes there's an afterlife but he wishes he had proof.

I said, I've seen and experienced images of the afterlife. I know it exists, so therefore I know there is something after death. I've had too many unexplained events happen in my life for it not to be real.

I belonged to this Yahoo group several years ago and this woman was on there that claimed she could communicate with ghosts and whatnot. She said that everyone goes to Heaven and that Hell is reserved for demons. She said that even the most horrific people go to Heaven after their souls have been cleansed. She said that some souls (obviously) take longer to cleanse than others.

I know I will see my family in the afterlife and my dogs.

6. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

You know who else you will meet if that is the case.

HItler
    George Washington
    Thomas Jefferson
    Napleon
    Alexander the great.

All people who felt the need to treat people horribly.

That would have been my comment to her on yahoo.

7. Bookworm616

And she would tell you that their souls were cleansed and they aren't the person they were in life.

I don't believe we are the same in death as we are in life.

8. justmel

justmel New Member

I agree we are perfect versions of our selves..that is my belief too..

9. archangel

That lady is crazy.

10. archangel

so if someone held a woman in bondage and then killed her kids and then forced the mother to eat her own children(this literally happened), you think they should get the go ahead to heaven?:smt012

What's the point of life?
    This would be unfair to people who tried to do the right thing but suffered great harm.

11. Bookworm616

:smt042

You crack me up. We'll just agree to disagree on this topic. :smt023

I think if you read the stuff she wrote, you might feel differently.

12. archangel

It doesn't make sense but mines doesn't either.

I'm like your mom.
    Catholic but honestly you rot in the ground end of story.
    I would like to be wrong but it is what it is.

to be honest when you look at the horrors, you can't help but question is there a god and what are his morales. but then again, is it his job to give us morales or ours?
    Is this horror a true reflection of how bad humanity truly is?
    YES, it is which is sad.

13. justmel

justmel New Member

The point of life is to grow and learn and help as many others along the way you can.

It is just my opinion, but I believe we are all on a process of learning and we all have different things to learn, chemical imbalances, etc. I never said life was fair. In my belief, when we leave this earth we are finally our true perfect selves. The reason to be good to people, besides the fact that you want to treat other people the way you want them to treat you is the fact that you do know right and wrong. I have experienced some unpleasant situations including being hit by a drunk driver and losing loved ones instantly and not being in a safe environment as a child. Do I think these people should go to heaven? If they are truly sorry, yes. I get that you don't see life the way I do but we will just have to agree to disagree.

14. The Dark King

Whatever you choose

I have a pretty cool book if you want some leisure reading fam

15. luvattractivewomen

luvattractivewomen New Member

Afterlife? Hmmm... I suppose it was a good story to tell back in the day. "Be good and obedient and when you die you will have a mansion in a magical place". I suppose that is a good story to tell a person when you are enslaving him and raping the shit out of his partner among many other things. Personally, I don't believe in it. But, I think it's a wonderful story that some people need to make it through difficult times.

16. The Dark King

How do you know for sure?

17. satyr

satyr New Member

I would also be suspicious of people who claim to have met Jesus in the afterlife. Is his calendar so open to where he has the time to meet everyone who croaks? I doubt it. A physical description of him would be nice too. Most people who believe that they met him would probably provide the same Euro-centric description you find in most western art.

[​IMG]

18. luvattractivewomen

luvattractivewomen New Member

I was immaculately conceived to bring the truth to the masses.

19. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Bee Gees

20. The Dark King

Maybe we see what we want. Maybe in a what we call death perception controls "reality" especially since there isn't a physical body to contend with