Do you believe in the Afterlife?

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by Morning Star, Oct 10, 2012.

?

Do you believe in the afterlife?

1. Yes, it's real.

25 vote(s)
    61.0%
  2. No.

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
  3. I cannot say. I'll know for sure once I cease to function.

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  1. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Once you get into the realm of alternate universes and 4th and 5th dimensions of existence, it is precisely at this point that science and spirituality IMO would merge.

Science would only be proving what believers without proof already thought to be true.

Like, if science proved the empirical existence of the soul, science wouldn't hold a greater relevance in the minds of most spiritualists. In fact it would strengthen most people's faith.
    Because science would only be proving what was believed to exist before there was proof.

And proving the existence of multiple dimensions and universes however you want to call it would be a supernatural occurrence.

supernatural - of or relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universe; (especially : of or relating to God or a god, demigod, spirit, or devi) 2
    a : departing from what is usual or normal especially so as to appear to transcend the laws of nature
    b : attributed to an invisible agent (ghost or spirit).

2. Arwen

Arwen New Member

All the points I bring are interesting! ;)

love the fact that you know about 4th and 5th dimensions. I have done some meditations that really helped me to activate the Merkaba... ever heard of that?

3. luvattractivewomen

luvattractivewomen New Member

Reminds me of a documentary I saw on Temporal lobe Epilepsy...

4. Liquid Swords

Liquid Swords New Member

Wow. My sister works for Deutsche Bank. Hopefully my son will be a hedgefund manager.

Shiiit, I am set for life.

It's interesting to see that some of the most successful people in the world have Asperger's. My son has been put forward a year at school but he still has social problems. Technology is his forté. And the Mr Men.

5. satyr

satyr New Member

Okey dokey.

6. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

I have a younger brother, two years younger than I, and yet's the most psychotic piece of shit on the planet with his kicks for creating stress (with Asperger's). Then again, I know another person with that condition and she's a highly intelligent person who's well aware of the events around her. On one hand, I would have to retract my statement, yet...when talking about others, it's a menacing concoction that worries me.

I can respect the beliefs of others when given, but when it contradicts factual understandings, it irks me to no end that they rather live in a bubble and deceive themselves. Call me an asshole, but I call it as I see it.

I almost forgot that Italy lacks certain shows. This isn't the necrophilia meets bestiality fairy tale story that you're more cognizant of. Rather, it's The Twilight Zone and it's a show that basically means, stranger than fiction. A good series that came out in the earlier times. You just saw then word Twilight and ignored the rest.

Also, I can admit that there are things that have yet have explanations. But none of it is out of reach of an explanation. The ones who are more or less freaked out are the ones who take the lazy route and use supernatural ideas to supplement the answers. It's a patchwork "fix" and not realistic.

I'm quite sure that the pixie semen could give you a better retort than this sophomoric response.

7. satyr

satyr New Member

Yes, awkward social interactions are fairly typical for people with Asperger's. Burry seems well-adjusted in the interviews I've seen of him. Ideally social skills improve alongside whatever savant potential that exists with the syndrome.

8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

My girl has nothing to do with my belief system/thought process on the subject. Ive thought about this for awhile. I dont know how extensive your math education is but Christopher Langden has a beautiful mathematical proof on the existence of a soul. Its beautiful work. Btw "men" have no problem with the unexplained thats a little close minsedy friend. Some men might.

9. The Dark King

Check out what the bleep do we know. Interesting stuff

10. luvattractivewomen

luvattractivewomen New Member

NOOOOOOOOooooooooooo!!!

11. The Dark King

?:confused:

12. Arwen

Arwen New Member

Besides the response that's inside the quote... Mmmm, I was trying to make the conversation lighter because there's a little tension in here, in case you didn't notice. Is that sophomoric? 'Cause I damn sure made it to the endo of school ;) Maybe you don't know who that guy is?

Geez, it's obvious that I didn't mean 100% of the men in the world. Let's say, so that I cannot be accused of generalizing, that like 90% of men I met and am in touch with, including my brother and dad, are skeptical and freak out and get SCARED, I mean like really SCARED when you bring up spiritual topics and state that they don't like to go too deep in knowing about spiritual things because the fact that they might not control them make them freak out.

I don't know much about math, but thanks, I will check that author out, even though I don't need any mathematical prove to believe in the existence of souls :)

And anyways, what I think is that some things you can't explain, you just feel <3

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  13. The Dark King

Careful you might get in trouble for talking about such Hocus Pocus lol. I do agree with yiu. Certain things can not be measured and explained. Like inspiration, drive, compassion, even in some cases intelligences. Up until very recebtly our standards for diagnosing and treating people with autism was throw them in with people of various mental illnesses and lets see what happens. We've come a long way and have even further to go

14. Morning Star

That's basically what I meant in my post. Not everything can be explained now, but it's due to lack of sufficient information and technology which would help push for a reasonable explanation. Rather than substituting ideas with pseudoscience (junk science with little merit) or supernatural ideas, it's conventional wisdom that we can admit that we simply keep that void of thought open until something (rational) could deliver something promising.

As for laws of attraction, it's not scientific in any way or form. It's all new age thinking that, a lot of people, scientists and artists alike would like to explore. But there are no scientific basis on the whole matter. But there is one thing I could conclude...it's fun to think about, but realistically speaking, it's all smoke and mirrors.

15. Arwen

Arwen New Member

In your opinion ;) :D

16. The Dark King

Let it go my friend. BBW has his opinions and will not be swayed. So just agree to disagree.

17. Morning Star

How is it an opinion when there's no empirical evidence supporting that concept? Can you prove me wrong?

18. The Dark King

Can you prove there is no afterlife? Where is the data that says with certainity that consciousness ends when the body dies.

19. Arwen

Arwen New Member

Of course I'll let it go, I wasn't trying to make MJ change opinion :D Of course I will agree on disagreeing, LOL. And well, I don't need to scientifically justify the things I beleve in. I just see that the things I'm learning I'm making my life better, deeper and I feel more in touch with myself and the nature. Who cares about having explanations if you are feeling great? LOL Just being silly.... Besides, Mj always found me lovely so I'm sure... I'm not lovely anymore hehehe

20. Morning Star

Consciousness is intrinsically incoherent, or that it's constructed through self-delusions. It's all a philosophical matter. And though the areas of psychology and neuroscience have been piping themselves into this particular area of interest, the concept lacks any real sufficient means to even be considered factually grounded.

As it stands, it's a human made concept that bears little to no evidence. We have the capacity to exercise sapience, or self-awareness, but that's all that's provable.

With that said, it's less likely there's a definite afterlife.