Emma Watson's Response To Being Called A White Feminist

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by darkcurry, Jan 2, 2018.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I encourage you guys to read. To bad that mainstream won't notice a white woman this woke!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This is why I always specify instead of just throwing names out there. I say things like political feminist. Emma is a real feminist because she is woke and sharp as a razor with her words. Her mind is powerful.

2. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Hmmm... I wonder who wrote this for her.

3. darkcurry

If someone else did(which I don't believe) they just put her on the spot big time. She'll have to back up the Mama Cash story, be true to her word about that book and what not.

4. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Another dumb white chick who doesn't get that the people who label her a white feminist probably hate white women no matter what they do.

5. meowkittenmeow

I doubt it. They often hire peopl to write such things. In regards to the content, I saw no comments on misandry, or anything that black men face. If she was actually about gender equality as well as combatting racism, she would have addressed that.

I don't really expect much beyond words from feminists. The most you can expect from the lot of them is to cosign the black man hating that black feminist are known for.

Who knows, maybe she will be one of the few feminist with some common sense, like christina hoff summers. But, I doubt it.

6. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

I've noticed that Black feminist are only feminists when around Black men.

They are Geisha girls around non-BM.

7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I think that she is on her way to a better understanding of what is going on. On this journey, one does not go in knowing everything to resolve issues. They, whom have made this decision, must learn along the way. They must ask questions and listen closely and leave themselves out(preconceived notions,opinions, rumors and the like). It won't be an easy journey and the outcome will be unknown. She will eventually encounter the issues like misandry, white privilege and inequality.

This doesn't happen overnight.

I wish her well on her journey.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

A black woman today doesn't have to be a feminist around black men. They use their mothers as inspiration and their own experience to develop their attitudes. It's more of a numbers game to measure strength. Power perceived is power achieved.

As to non-black men, I can only guess that they see the power and true potential in these men than they see in black men. For black men who desire black women, they have to prove their worth.

9. darkcurry

I get what you're saying but if you read further down she is questioning herself, she admitted she didn't know to ask these questions. She sounds like the type of person that takes responsibility and is willing to learn. Nothing in that post where she got defensive like other feminist in hollywood and the media when labeled such thing. She came across more humble. She doesn't seem to be wanting to grasp for power and understands the difference between wanting power and equality. But these are the reasons why I posted this from her. Because I didn't see anything like this from her past. People can grow and change... I'm observing that from her right now.

10. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Sisters aren't that complicated.
    Anybody that can give them a curly headed baby has their total submission.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  11. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Only if one is foolish enough to fall for the honey trap. Hitting it and quitting it is not a wise proposition.

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Not remotely true. I may not use the term white feminist but I a regularly say I support women not feminism because that bs is racist at its core. I don't hate white women in the slightest I just won't support organizations that pretend to support everyone but covertly support white supremacy the only difference is they want white women in power instead of men.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  13. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I won't support anyone, regardless of sex, who supports white supremacy.

14. meowkittenmeow

True

15. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

You think women like Gloria Steinem, Naomi Klein and Camille Paglia are covert White supremacists??
    Admittedly, there are various strains to modern feminism. but classical feminism compared to 2nd wave feminism and the like isn't about putting WW exclusively into positions of power, or about removing WM as a group from leadership roles.

I attended an open lecture held by Camille Paglia in college, and she's always been my archetype for a modern feminist who still likes getting dicked down.lol

Here's an interview with Ms. Paglia conducted recently where she discusses he admiration for Hugh Hefner, her opinion on Trump and her ongoing beef with Gloria Steinem.
    I don't know when feminism became an adjunct for White supremacy.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...umps-masculinity-feminisms-sex-phobia-1044769

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  16. meowkittenmeow

"I don't know when feminism became an adjunct for White supremacy"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_feminism

The KKK started a branch just for women in the 1920s, and half a million joined
    The platform mingled racism, nativism, and…feminism

https://timeline.com/amp/p/72ab1439b78b

Suffragettes Who Sucked: White Supremacy And Women’s Rights

http://the-toast.net/2014/04/21/suffragettes-sucked-white-supremacy-womens-rights/

https://www.theroot.com/when-and-where-i-enter-the-racist-expectations-of-whit-1790855079

Meet the Feminist White Supremacists

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=90982&page=1

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  17. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Just because the KKK in the 1920s started a branch for women doesn't mean it's the traditional origin of feminism in this country.
    Yeah, many Suffragists came from White elite families and many were White supremacists by upbringing, but White feminists were the same WW who were among the freedom riders in the early 1960s who literally put their lives on the line fighting for Black Civil Rights.

White feminists were some of the biggest advocates of groups like the Black Panthers and pushed for legislative and social programs to remedy historic discrimination in this country.

White women attempting to climb the ranks in groups like the KKK and Neo Nazis has very little to do with traditional feminism.

It's reckless IMO to brand the word 'feminism' as code for a female version of White supremacy.

In the 1960s, female liberation was seen as a struggle that needed to pair itself with the battle for Black Civil rights.

Defining feminism by what it was at the turn of the century isn't really relevant today.

18. redlolly

redlolly Well-Known Member

Absolutely this!
    For me it comes down to what we see feminism as.
    The media and various groups like to bandy around such terms as labels. They pin it on you & then use it to either build you up or knock you down, as suits their agenda.
    Using terms as labels, then arbitrarily stringing them together is a classic journalistic technique to smear someone, or make them appear to be something they are not.
    Is Emma Watson white... yes
    Is she a feminist... yes
    Only by putting the two together "white feminist" does it become an implied slur.
    Why does the colour of her skin need to even enter the discussion about her views on gender equality?
    In any event, as she herself says, feminism is not a label to be pinned on someone, it is a journey which all of us, individually & collectively must make, regardless of our gender, skin colour or anything else. We are all feminists to one degree or another, and by the same argument, you can say in our world right now today, none of us are.
    Feminism is a goal to strive for, by which we better ourselves. I think that's what Emma is saying. Smart girl.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  19. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Feminism will always be looked at with suspicion by me.

20. meowkittenmeow

I guess you didn't read every link. And I answered your question as to why white supremacy is rife within feminism. There is an actual wikipedia link to white feminism elaborating it's white supremacist issues from first wave to the current wave.

It isn't reckless to point out that feminism is rife with white supremacy when it is something still discussed within the ideology of feminism itself. I would say it was reckless if it was, "just in the 1920s", but it still exists heavily within the movement.

It exists so heavily that the point of this entire thread is about some hollywood actor claiming to apologize for the white supremacy that is within feminism from it's inception.

I suppose anyone is permitted to turn a blind eye to not only it's racist white supremacist history, but it's current white supremacy that has been dubbed "white feminism". But to call it reckless is just kind of odd. I just see things for what they are.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List