Emma Watson's Response To Being Called A White Feminist

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by darkcurry, Jan 2, 2018.

1. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

At least it lets you know what their agenda is.

2. meowkittenmeow

And for the last time. I provided links, articles, with facts, feminist opinion pieces, experiences, and have no issue producing links with more facts and figures.

The truth of the matter is I base my arguments on information. Which, in spite of being a rape survivor, doesn't show a skewed view. It shows an informed view.

Considering that at, now 6 pages, not a single link to information providing a counter argument to the issue of white feminism has been presented.
    So, in spite of 2 or 3 self proclaimed feminists attempting to discredit my argument with nothing more than personal opinion and using my personal experiences against me, it becomes quite obvious who's view has been skewed, and I can assure it is not mine.

In regards to Emma Watson, I am not entirely sure she wrote that herself. But, whether she did or didn't if her statements are heart felt and genuine I sincerely hope she uses her position to make a change.

Because it seems there are plenty within this forum, that are very quick to dismiss, ignore, and downplay the white supremacy within feminism. That, is a very sad thing.

3. meowkittenmeow

4. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Feminism (like a lot of social causes) has a self-honesty problem. Proponents doggedly defend it using 'part' of the dictionary definition.

(Merriam Webster.com)
    They say all they want is total equality of the sexes, and anybody who wants equality is by default also a feminist. But here is the rub, feminism has a 2nd definition that gets overlooked
    Sure it's true that what is in someone's personal interests can intersect with what is in the best interest for another group, However, what is in someone's interest typically means that person's needs and wants are prioritized over another's.

Most people who are on the outside of feminism can see that feminism is as much about self-interest as they are about "equality" and I don't think they really care that much. The problem really arises when feminist aren't honest about it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. K

K Well-Known Member

That's rather dismissive Boba. And if we were to go with your 2nd statement, then we as a society, would never address any sexual assault.

As for the rest - not sure why you lumped that in with your response to me, given that I didn't speak about any of that. For someone who thinks it's so "odd" that a bunch of black men are interested in what feminism is and is not, you sure are in there battling.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  6. K

K Well-Known Member

Including YOU. Given that you say this, one would think you would be more open to others stating their opinions.

Please explain what you mean when you say feminism is not a movement or ideology.

7. K

K Well-Known Member

8. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

It's that disconnect women like Patricia create themselves that is embeded with white privilege/white supremacy. Everybody else is other, just like it is socially conditioned into American society, culture and of course these systems for that other to be treated like 2nd class citizens. It is the same thing with class as to one of the reasons why you have classism. And A LOT of celebrities regardless of race practice that.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  9. darkcurry

Absolutely. Which is why I don't understand why outside of them just responding out of pure anger they wouldn't want to distance themselves from the liars by asking for more thorough investigations and take on the justice system's failures. You approach systematic oppression with intelligence, awareness and ingenuity. Am I wrong for wanting to see that. Iam CONFIDENT there will be an overwhelming support from black men if they erased that just believe any woman that say it approach. They still don't realize how dangerous black men find that especially in this country where women still lie about that.

10. redlolly

redlolly Well-Known Member

Good grief, please quit using the martyr card.
    Nobody is calling rape survivors skewed.
    You seem to blame feminism for what happened to you, therefore myself and others feel your views on feminism are skewed. I hope that clarifies things.

Myself and others have tried to explain this OP and the unjustified, unwarranted and counter-productive bias we feel exists in the opinions you hold about feminism and those who identify as feminists (myself included). That you refuse to accept this and adopt the posture of victim as final recourse doesn't come as a surprise, if I'm honest.
    I have neither the time or the inclination to bandy words endlessly with you, which I suspect is your real aim here.
    It seems the old adage is true... one can lead the horse to water...

As for your last post quoting me, I'm afraid I didn't read it.

11. redlolly

redlolly Well-Known Member

I am absolutely open to others stating their opinions. At no point have I given any indication otherwise.
    The problem arises when one definition or fixed set of opinions is taken and applied across the board to everyone who calls themselves feminist.

Only that it isn't an agenda or fixed set of ideas espoused by an army of disciples marching under a banner, as many choose to perceive it.
    It's much broader than that. A fundamental part of the human condition. Of the way we view and act in the world.
    You could argue not only the human condition. A fundamental component of consciousness... of life...

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Because feminism is wgtow. Where all women are not only invited but they are considered correct, even those that are really enemies to rape victims. And like mgtow, they never go their own way they just want everyone to hear them complain.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. meowkittenmeow

Wgtow, lol, I have noticed the similarities between each movement. You are spot on there. The mgtow movement, if you can call it that, has a great deal of complaining.

But, with each group, some are capable of citing articles and data, and others just try to prove an argument without any data or information to back it up. That happens whether it is feminism or mgtow or MRAs.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  14. darkcurry

15. K

K Well-Known Member

I had to look it up LOL men go their own way, women go their own way. There are sites out there too.

16. darkcurry

As I said there is no laws NEEDED for segregation when you have people thinking like this. I think a lot of people, mainly a lot of American people would welcome some straight Jim Crowe shit you know what I mean?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. K

K Well-Known Member

seriously! Lately so many times I truly feel like I've woken up in the Twighlight Zone.

18. meowkittenmeow

Lol, for every action there is an equal reaction I guess. It was onky a matter of time for this stuff to happen. I think people like that have always existed, I guess someone just gave a name to it.

19. meowkittenmeow

Reminds me of black mirror sometimes. For the record, if you ever watch that show, avoid the first episode of the first season at all costs.

20. K

K Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to think that this is the time for those in the extreme minorities are coming to light as if they are some sort of majority.