European women really more "liberal" than US WW?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by TheChosenOne, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Be-you-tiful86

Be-you-tiful86 Well-Known Member

I will check it out and get back at you when I know

2. Be-you-tiful86

Thats right. 1st time it came up in my school education was in 3rd grade.
    There was an evening when my former class teacher sat together with all parents from us students and encouraged them to buy us books on that matter also and not to be shy about answering we may have for them.Lol.
    In class 5,8 and 13 the topic came up again but in more depth and complexity

3. Ronja

Ronja New Member

Same as here, I think. If I remember correctly.

I remember we even had a book about it in Kindergarten. It was one of the most popular books amongst us children. (Children are very curious about adult matters :lol: )

It explained how children are made in a correct, yet very simple way. Starting with a couple who falls in love, and then explains intercourse, foetal development and birth.

Hmm, I think I'll buy a book like that for my son too. No need to rush to the bookshop right away though. :lol:

4. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

I rmrember reading, last year i think, how a city council in the Us passed a law forbidding girls to show their thong above their denims !! Need I say anymore?

5. karmacoma.

karmacoma. Well-Known Member

Where is that so I know not to go there.

6. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Is the stats on children being born in your country Ronja stands up to Germany's? So far you are giving a impression your country and its parlimentary government are either perfect or embarassing.

7. Ronja

Ronja New Member

Of curse.

Numbers of children born by teenage mums (per 1000 births)

USA 53
    England 20
    Germany 11
    Norway 11
    Denmark 7
    Sweden 7

http://www.unfpa.org/swp/

8. Be-you-tiful86

Oh wow. Thats weird

9. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Well-Known Member

I live in a state (Texas) that spends more on abstinence education than any other state yet we have one of the highest teen birth rates in the nation. We still don't realize that not talking about sex doesn't mean that kids won't have sex....it just means that they won't know what they are doing.

We definitely have more teenage mums but there are two reasons why it's not always prudent to compare the U.S. to other Western nations:

1) We receive a large influx of immigrants from Latin America and they have almost single handedly contributed to the population growth the U.S. has had in the last 25 years. Blacks are having a reasonable number of children but enough middle aged and elderly blacks are dying off to keep our numbers consistent. Whites are having even fewer babies.

I don't agree with everything in this article but some numbers are highlighted

http://www2.hernandotoday.com/content/2008/jan/26/ha-anchor-babies-weigh-down-economy/

2) A second thing to consider is that while there are more "wealthy" people in the states...there are also more "poor" people....poor being uneducated, unskilled with little access to health care and preventative care. The disparity between the top and the bottom is much wider and the lack of a prevailing monolithic culture means there will always be great extremes....some good and some bad.

This is still a Puritan country at heart....we don't have as much of an Enlightenment view of religion as the rest of the West. We aren't exactly a theocracy either but we are only slightly past the midpoint towards religious "liberalism" while other Western nations are more secular.

10. sarah23

For starters most girls in Europe would be on the pill, so the incidences of teenage pregnancy would inevitanly be less than in the USA. Most parents realise that young people are going to have sex anyway, nso its best that trhey be educated to avoid pregnancy ans STDs.

For starters most

11. Be-you-tiful86

True.I started taking birth control pill at age 16 and most girls I know were in the same or similar age when they did.

12. Be-you-tiful86

That is so true. All of us are on this earth due to sex so there's nothing ugly or dirty.
    Of course kids mustn't be taught all positions of the Kamasutra but about std's and pregnancy,what' important when having sex...

13. sarah23

In some countries, doctors are allowed to prescribe the birth control pill to teenagers without parental consent. Its generally accepted in Europe that women not only have a right to control their own bodies but that they also practice it.

14. Be-you-tiful86

In Germany girls can get birth control pills from the doc at age 14 but he has to tell the parents.
    At age 16 and above parents dont need to be told.
    I still told my mom myself because she rather wanted me to protect myself than not to be on birth control pill and risk getting pregnant.

15. dj4monie

dj4monie New Member

Western nations are more secular...

That is IT in a nutshell, it doesn't RULE their lives, effect how they vote and you don't have people preaching to the sky for stupid shiet like winning drag races or hoping somebody gets more votes to beat John McSain.

If we became Secular, there would be mass suicides all over the Deep South and In the "Bible Belt", them idiots would try to take us WITH THEM.

C'mon they rejoyced when we bombed Iraq.... They'll have an mass orgasm if we bomb Iran, it could start WWIII and then some child will be born without a soul and you know the rest...

If you want somebody of a conservative nature, say home.

If you want a TRUE Liberal and I don't mean ex-Surfer chicks, College Students that were born 30 years too late to be a hippy or girls that scream OBAMA, OBAMA with no objectivity to speak of, Go to Europe.

16. Othello1967

Othello1967 Active Member

European women more"liberal" than US WW?

Don`t know but if they are it could be due to the small number of black men in their society. Another factor could be age. As noted in on of the comments the elderly are less open to inter racial relationships than the next generation.

17. aozora

aozora New Member

Othello is right. Most European countries are homogeneous so a society that is a immigrant country such as the US is basically a group of people from different continents who settled in the country although it was occupied by another group (that is a different story). Europe has problems with other beliefs that are not Christianity. Europe is secular which is good because Christianity from what I have seen is one of the most divided religions in the whole world. You have different denominations and different sects. I believe that also you have to see that men (beyond black) have to vie for American women attention. As dj4monie said, "sex is used as a weapon". This is a serious problem that is probably in part because of feminism in the 1970s in America and later to the whole Western Europe. Although, women in Europe for the most part act like women and American women tend to have a complex. This relates to dating too. Most white women to an extent in America(Canada to a lesser degree) want excitement and not a serious relationship with someone who is black and other groups. I do agree that for Caucasian women that Europeans are more liberal with thinking towards having a relationship that is not based always in secret and will hurt that relationship with their families/friends/careers.

18. life5577

life5577 New Member

i eat pork.....hahahahah

19. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Well-Known Member

I think this is one reason why it's difficult any time we compare the U.S. to other Western nations. It's like comparing the standardized test scores of a smaller school district in a wealthy neighborhood where everyone has a similar background...and matching them against the test scores of a large urban district that has a much more diverse (socioeconomically speaking) student profile.

I wonder how peaceful it will be if larger numbers of Muslim immigrants start migrating to Europe....of course it's always strange to compare an entire continent to a single nation.

Certainly Europe is more "laid-back" but to say it's "better" or at least more liberal creates the assumption that being liberal automatically means being better...(personally I"m more liberal than conservative but that's for another day).

Again...how liberal would Europe be if hordes of North African/West African and Middle Easterners started flooding the borders...not speaking the language etc? The idea that a nativist sentiment doesn't exist in Europe is as silly as someone saying that it won't snow in Alaska because it isn't snowing right now...give it time...and it will change.

20. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Europe will be a mess if Mid-East people who are not liberal minded try to run things and have a Islamic republic.