Evan Ross and Ashlee Simpson

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by Ray9968, Jul 3, 2013.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Come on Ms. J you've been in this country your whole life, I'm assuming, and since when does anyone have the freedom to racially designate themselves. You think Barak Obama would have been taken seriously had he identified with being white? Shit it would make more sense since his father was totally out of the picture, but there is no way anyone would accept them even him because its not what you think its how you're treated that usually matters.
    I can call myself Jamaican all day but when I take my American ass over there they are quick to correct me.

2. Ms. J

Ms. J Well-Known Member

yes, I've lived here my whole life and I know that the majority of people in this country are likely to disagree with me but like I said, it's my opinion & I don't expect anyone else to think this way but this is how I choose to think

3. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

how would he not identify with Diana Ross as his mother...I would venture to say his mom might not be too happy if he didn't consider himself black...

:smt061

4. The Dark King

So if Evan Ross or someone who isn't as visibly biracial like Bob Marley Smokey Robinson, and Jimmy Hendrix said they were white since they had a white parent that would fly with you? I'm not trying to be a dick just curious of your thought pattern, its the first I've ever really heard someone say this. Not even the women on here who have biracial kids.

5. Ms. J

Ms. J Well-Known Member

I wouldn't dare suggest that he identify himself in any way other than what he believes. What I am saying is that I personally think each person is entitled to identify themselves as they choose - however, who ever & what ever that may be. This is just my view & I don't expect any one else to think as I do.

6. Ms. J

Ms. J Well-Known Member

yes, this is what I think

The best example I can give is when Obama was elected to his first term. I remember having a conversation with a black female co-worker who was expressing her feelings about the first black president. My response was, yes it's great but he's also white and he's simply the best person for the job.

Maybe my thought pattern is strange but it's how I choose to think.

7. The Dark King

Fair enough:cool:

8. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

The only time we actually say what we are is in the census and if you are filling out an I9...each year the I9 form gives more and more options...I think you are right...a child of a mixed marriage should be able to choose or check both boxes...I don't really like "other" as an option

9. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Biracial to me is someone who has a WHite parent and a Black/other parent.

Not someone who has a Black parent and the other parent's father or grandmother is non-Black.

That's why I've never considered Jimi Hendrix or Smokey Robinson biracial since both their parents identified as Black.

Anyway it's not really that important.

It's scary how much Evan Ross looks like.....MICHAEL JACKSON....with the plastic surgery.:smt043

Let the conspiracy theories begin.

10. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Hendrix did not have a white parent...nor did Smokey.

11. The Dark King

Ok fellas what about Wentworth Miller and Vanessa Williams?

12. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Vanessa Williams parents are Black. My mom's family is from Louisiana and down there you will meet some of the Whitest looking Black folk you've ever seen in your life.

My mom tells stories of growing up with a Black girlfriend with fair skin and blonde hair in the '50s and they would get in all kinds of trouble by confusing the hell out of White folk.:rolleyes:

Sure many of them have White ancestors probably no less than 50-100 years back, but being fair skinned doesn't make you biracial.

Vanessa Williams identifies as Black. Her parents are Black, just very light skinned.

13. The Dark King

But they are both half black half w white making her half black and half white. Just like Wentworth Miller.

14. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Throw them both over the fence.

Let 'em play on the white side for a change.

15. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Is Evan Ross the son of Arne Naes, Diana Ross' husband whom she had married and remarried? Arne was a billionaire banker from Germany.

16. FG

FG Well-Known Member

From Norway

17. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Wrong. Just dead wrong.

[​IMG]

18. Ms. J

Ms. J Well-Known Member

19. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

20. FG