fades, braids, dreads or bald-heads?

Discussion in 'The Attraction Between White Women and Black Men' started by medullaslashin, Dec 28, 2013.

?

All else being equal, which guy would you gravitate to?

1. I'd favor the dread

8 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. I'd favor the guy with the braids

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. Baldhead all the way!

23 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. A neat, standard fade is best

12 vote(s)
    26.1%
  1. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

fades, braids, dreads or bald-heads?
    .....The Close-crop fade is statistically the most universally accepted look for all professional blackmen.....It is also tied with the bald head for palatability of blackmen in suits..........

2. GentlemanJ337

GentlemanJ337 New Member

I was kinda curious for the ladies opinion on this. I have braids and I feel like it fits me. But I've been told that I should maybe think about dreads too. Not really my thing tho. They way you ladies are talking I may have to chop it all off lol

3. Paige13

Paige13 New Member

Braids or fades. :) love them.

4. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I've got a question. And, if I offend anyone, that's not my intention. I just truly want to get an honest assessment from WW who mostly or only date BM.

What if a BM (brown skin) doesn't fit any of the above slots? What if he has natural wavy hair? Or long hair (kind of like a Native American)? Do you still view him as Black enough to date?

I've always been of the opinion that WW who only date BM have a certain stereotyped image of what a black man "should be." Kind of like they are dating the "image" and not the man.

Now, WW who date all races of men or primarily WM appear to be more open to BM who's looks (hair style, manor of dress) don't confirm to the usual styling choices BM make. Again, this just my observation.

However, with that said, are the WW who only choose BM who fit the standard mold looks wise being a bit racist? Are they, in essence, saying a black man is only black if he fits certain criteria that is viewed from an outsider's (white culture) perception of what a black male should be?

Kind of like a BM saying a WW should look like a Barbie Doll. Otherwise, she's not a real WW and therefore not deemed desirable.

Very interested in hearing the forum members thoughts on this.

5. fantasyfangrl

fantasyfangrl New Member

Having mixed children I have to be open to hair that doesn't fit that mold. I have dated biracial men and actually love when he has naturally wavy longish hair. Its a turn on for me in biracial men, just like bald or braids are a turn on for me in BM. ;)

6. GentlemanJ337

GentlemanJ337 New Member

Love your open mindedness.

7. fantasyfangrl

fantasyfangrl New Member

Thank you cutie! :freehug:

8. samson1701

But, what if the BM isn't bi-racial? What if the guy is medium to dark brown skinned just has the naturally wavy and, or, long hair? Is it a turn on for you in bi-racial black men but a turn off in non bi-racial black men?

9. fantasyfangrl

fantasyfangrl New Member

It is a turn on period but I have never dated a non-bi-racial BM who had hair like that ;)

10. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Regardless of whether a man is black, brown, white, whatever...I'm not really attracted to the long wavy/flowing hair look. Has nothing to do with a man being "black enough to date" though...it's simply about preference and what is attractive to me. I date primarily bm, but I'm certainly not attracted to only one type of bm. Regardless of the color of a mans skin color, there are personality types and physical attributes that I find attractive across the board.

Ftr, I think if a ww is looking just to date a stereotype, then yea she's being a bit racist (and incredibly immature). Same goes for the men who date ww just because they're white. I'll never understand that way of thinking, but whatever.

I think (hope) that most women wouldn't judge a man as not black enough, simply because he didn't fit into some stereotypical mold. If she did pass judgement like that, good riddance. She obviously wasn't good enough for him anyways ;)

11. fantasyfangrl

fantasyfangrl New Member

Tried to rep but I gotta spread the love a little more before I can :smt039

12. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Never a problem, the thought is much appreciated baby girl!

13. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

What is your description of the standard mold or the white stereotype?

14. samson1701

The standard mold is bald, braids, fade or other close to the scalp hair cut. Short Afro hair styles also fall into the standard hair style look for a BM.

BTW, I never said, "white stereotype."

15. samson1701

I understand. As the previous post stated, good on you for keeping an open mind.

16. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I don't know that I really understand what you're asking but just like anybody else I have a preference. I was taken by surprise when I was approached by BM online, so I didn't have a type in mind that I had to seek out. If that makes sense.

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Absolutely! Love a man true to himself! And that reflects in his hairstyle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Reminiscent of Samson, and romance characters, what woman isn't swooned by that?? :smt060

18. fantasyfangrl

fantasyfangrl New Member

Omg. {wipes drool of the screen} now those are some great pics (& I'll take the man please) :smt118

19. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Me. :|

I'm not a fan of long hair on any man. Braids are kinda cool, but other than that, I like short hair, and particularly bald or very close to it, on BM.

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Yer loss, chicka. I love a man with whatever style he wants to express himself with (in good condition) be it a puffy Afro, braids, waves or bald. All is sexy to me ..except...except the dripping jheri curl, and any style Al Sharpton wears :oops: