Favorite quotes

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by hntr18, Dec 18, 2009.

1. hntr18

hntr18 Well-Known Member

"Niggas fear what they don't understand, hate what they can't conquer" - Nas

2. hntr18

hntr18 Well-Known Member

"A caterpillar can't see what an eagle envisions" - Nas,

3. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

4. hntr18

hntr18 Well-Known Member

"Generosity is giving more than you can. Pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

5. Tamstrong

6. hntr18

hntr18 Well-Known Member

“ There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, no tonic so powerful as expectation of something tomorrow. ”
    — Orison S. Marden

7. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

"Fuck all ya'll." -- Ice Cube

8. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I saw this on Facebook today. I like it.

[​IMG]

9. hntr18

hntr18 Well-Known Member

"Do not be too timid or squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more you make the better. So what if you fail? Or if you get rolled up in the dirt once or twice? Up again, you shall never be so afraid of a tumble." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

10. hntr18

hntr18 Well-Known Member

I never lose sight of the fact that just being is fun. -Katharine Hepburn, actress (1907-2003)

11. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

12. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

"I can resist anything...except temptation." - Oscar Wilde

13. Beckett

Beckett New Member

"I am aware that I do not have to dominate others to be spiritually awake" quoted by Dr. Wayne Dyer

14. Tamstrong

15. EatYourBooks

EatYourBooks New Member

“My importance to the world is relatively small. On the other hand, my importance to myself is tremendous. I am all I have to work with, to play with, to suffer and to enjoy. It is not the eyes of others that I am wary of, but of my own. I do not intend to let myself down more than I can possibly help, and I find that the fewer illusions I have about myself or the world around me, the better company I am for myself.”
    ? Noël Coward

16. hntr18

hntr18 Well-Known Member

“Every man knows that his highest purpose in life cannot be reduced to any particular relationship. If a man prioritizes his relationship over his highest purpose, he weakens himself, disserves the universe, and cheats his woman of an authentic man who can offer his full, undivided presence.”

17. hntr18

hntr18 Well-Known Member

"always present yourself poorer and stupider than you are”

18. hntr18

hntr18 Well-Known Member

A house is no home unless it contains food and fire for the mind as well as the body. -Margaret Fuller, author, critic, and women's rights advocate (1810-1850)

19. Tamstrong

20. Tamstrong