Ferguson, Missouri Community Furious After Teen Shot Dead By Police

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Sirius Dogon, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Ummm.....did I missing something somewhere? Was there some hard evidence released that he was involved in that robbery? Have the police release an official report on exactly what did occur that lead to Brown being shot?

That's what I thought........

2. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Dorian Johnson has already admitted that it is him and Michael Brown on that convenience store camera recording. His lawyer has been on TV all weekend acknowledging that it is them. He was on FNC, MSNBC and CNN over the weekend.

3. Young Herschel

Brown had on sandals, a white t-shirt and a red St. Louis baseball cap. There is plenty of photographic evidence available online. It is him and his friend Dorian Johnson has conceded as much that the tape is accurate because both are on the tape during the commission of the robbery . . . you can even see Dorian put the stolen tobacco goods back on the counter which Mike had handed to him while Mike is engaged in an argument with the Dot-heads

4. Young Herschel

The officer approached him because he made himself conspicuous by walking down the middle of the damn street in the middle of the damn day right after robbing a convenience store

You don't draw attention to yourself with stolen goods in your visible possession.

The cop and Mike had words . . . this is much we know from Dorian Johnson.

Then Mike was detained physically by the LEO and he resisted . . . this much we know from Dorian too.

He hands Dorian the stolen goods and continues to tussle with the LEO . . . we had heard this repeatedly from Dorian. When did the situation escalate into an arrest?? Probably during the course of their verbal altercation I would suggest . . . who argues with a cop with stolen contraband in his hand :smt102

No the convenience store owner didn't file a criminal complaint but the employees, nevertheless called the cops and an APB went out . . . this would be easy to establish at trial as those calls are logged.

During the course of a police stop, you are being evaluated for whatever criminal conduct you may be culpable for perpetrating and if you fail to pass the officer's inspection then you could be arrested on the spot or face further inspection until the officer is satisfied that you are good to go . . . just acting guilty or stupid can be just cause for further inspection.

Well we already know that "Big Mike" was probably not acting in an acceptable manner that afternoon while he was being evaluated by the LEO.

Dorian Johnson has admitted that "Big Mike" was engaged in a verbal altercation with a LEO which escalated into a physical altercation when he should have just been as agreeable as possible and apologized for walking in the middle of the street and corrected the issue ASAP . . . he would have arrived safely at grandma's and we would have never heard of this matter.

It has been reported that "Big Mke" struck the LEO in the head who had to get medical treatment subsequent to the shooting . . . but Dorian neglected to publicize this combative conduct on the part of his fallen friend . . . did this occur or not??

I believe it did as Mike was in the course of resisting the LEO and in any event it will surely be introduce at trial with Hospital records as it has been widely-reported that the LEO had facial damage from the altercation with "Big Mike"

Do you find it hard to believe that the physically menacing teen on that video tape would resort to physical violence if a LEO put hands on him???

From what his friend has stated, I believe that there was a punch thrown by the deceased but he has omitted that assault out of loyalty to his friend just as he omitted the robbery committed earlier that very afternoon.

Before the tape was released . . . no one knew what Dorian Johnson knew and he wasn't going to say anything about it during any of his interviews either because he clearly didn't. So how do we know that the LEO wasn't assaulted by Michael Brown??? Because Dorian Johnson didn't say so.

Well the FPD Chief Jackson says that he was . . . not that I believe everything he says either but given the circumstances I find it to be credible given Brown's established resistance to the store employee who tried to lawfully detain him just ten minutes earlier.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Was the cop by himself? Where was his partner? The police have pepper spray, tasers, batons and other cops they can call for back up. If you are afraid of a physical confrontation you should not be a cop. There is absolutely no excuse to shoot an unarmed man period.

6. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

Classy...

7. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Noticed that too, huh? Some negroes on the internet........:smt102

9. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

When I was in the academy(corrections), my group went to the shooting range every Sunday. We were tested on our last day with discretionary shooting. Discretionary shooting was to test if an officer uses the right discretion to open fire. We were to sit in the class rom while each person gets tested. My turn came up. I ran with gun belt on to the barricade in front of the targets five yards away. I fired at each target(I even achieved a head shot)except one. The Rangemaster and our instructor asked me why I did not shot at that target. I explained that the target had a badge and was a friendly. I have heard now that a head shot is considered unnecessary in most cases and if an officer attempted that he/she had an intent to kill. To shoot someone six times; four in the arm and two in the head is overkill. If a suspect is unarmed, there is no need to use deadly force.

10. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

11. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

12. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

[YOUTUBE]KUdHIatS36A[/YOUTUBE]

13. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

14. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

The Myth of the Black-on-Black Crime Epidemic

http://www.demos.org/blog/7/29/13/myth-black-black-crime-epidemic

It’s great to see people (like those here, here, and here), many of whom advocate cuts to institutions and policies proven to curb crime like community groups, education, and job training, finally noticing that crime in Black communities is a problem that should be addressed. However, they are 20 years late. While they slept, African-American community leaders, parents, churches, and activists having already noticed the problem have been tirelessly working to make the communities they love safer. Jamelle Bouie recently wrote poignantly how Black-on-Black crime is being falsely framed as a distinctly African American pathology rather than a component of poverty, opportunity, & proximity. If America is to have this much touted ‘conversation’ on race, it is important the dialogue itself adhere to the guiding principal of being rooted in facts.

[​IMG]

For many years, countless poor African Americans across the country tried to draw attention to high crime rates, guns, gang activity, and drug abuse that pervaded their neighborhoods. The Black urban poor, through community institutions, churches, and individual efforts were most often met with neglect, divestment of private and public resources, and outright disdain. I witnessed firsthand, growing up in Camden, New Jersey in the 1980’s, how the surrounding suburbs, state, and federal governments ignored Black victims of crime and dismissed whole urban areas as havens of pathologically violent criminals. Residents suffered as the ‘War on Poverty’ became the ‘War on Drugs’ and incarceration rates skyrocketed while social services, education, and urban infrastructure funds were slashed.

It is within this context that I’ve marveled and cringed at recent dialogue about crime, discrimination, and inequality in the criminal justice system. From conservatives opining President Obama acted too ‘black’ by speaking of his experiences to progressives arguing he was not being ‘black’ enough by having insufficiently explicit rhetoric and policies targeting the problems of African Americans. The most amusingly bewildering aspect of this rhetoric is how assertions of racial inequalities in the American criminal justice system have immediately are rebutted by pointing to the ‘genocide’ of Black-on-Black urban crime. This focus, from many of the same political quarters who ignored the problem at its peak, belies the facts of both the causes and trends of Black-on-Black crimes.

Black on Black Crime Facts

Black on black homicides have decreased by 67% in 20 years, a sharper rate of decrease than white on white homicide.

According to FBI statistics 7361 Blacks were killed by fellow African-Americans in 1991. In 2011, it dropped dramatically to 2447 African-Americans

Among black youth, rates of robbery and serious property offenses are the lowest in more than 40 years.

Racial Inequality in the Criminal Justice System Facts

African Americans were 2 times as likely to be arrested and almost 4 times as likely to experience the use of force during encounters with the police.

In the federal system black offenders receive sentences that are 10% longer than white offenders for the same crime.

5 times as many Whites are using drugs as African Americans, yet African Americans are sent to prison for drug offenses at 10 times the rate of Whites

African Americans are incarcerated at nearly six times the rate of Whites

African American juvenile youth are about 16% of the youth population, 37% of their cases are moved to criminal court & 58% of convicted African American youth are sent to adult prisons.

Controlling for other factors, including severity of the offense and prior criminal history, white men aged 18-29 were 38% less likely to be sentenced to prison than their black male peers.

African American women are 3 times more likely than white women to be incarcerated

African American defendants are 21% more likely to receive mandatory-minimum sentences than Whites and are 20% more like to be sentenced to prison.

While it is essential that we address the high levels of violence and incarceration in America compared to other industrialized countries, we cannot accurately do so by perpetuating the myth of a uniquely African American pathology toward violence and crime. Instead of denying the downward trends in crime in the black community, we must applaud it and reward it with a serious examination of racial inequality in the American criminal justice system. Although, I am not sure whether our new found defenders of the Black community would agree

15. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

16. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I am totally against the rioting too. The people doing that are just acting stupid. If it was really about rebellion, they would be surrounding the police department, not smashing storefronts. But in my mind these are two separate phenomena: 1) legitimate outrage over this unarmed young man being killed and 2) idiots using the anger and the attention drawn to the protests as cover to steal and destroy property. I fully support the former and condemn the later.

LMAO!!

18. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

This crosses the line. The nation's police force clearly is inhumane and terrible. I hope this case serves a big wake up call for everyone, the police and the people, to change their ways.

We have two completely different accounts of what happened. One with Brown's sympathizers, and the other with the officer's. It's baffling to me that he could be shot this many times while running away (the autopsy showed he was kneeling or falling down as the bullets hit him) and a vocal amount of black people and black police officers justify Wilson's actions. You are who you are though, we can't change you.

19. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

[YOUTUBE]yAxUHLGwBL8[/YOUTUBE]

20. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Ferguson Cops Busted? New Video Seems To Show Brown Paying For Cigarillos (Video)

http://crooksandliars.com/2014/08/ferguson-cops-busted-new-video-seems-show

New news about this. Lets see what the Pro-Wilson people come up with now.