Ferguson, Missouri Community Furious After Teen Shot Dead By Police

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Sirius Dogon, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

2. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I really like this picture. seems iconic

3. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Didn't even notice it. lol

4. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Well AB - hope you realize by now that I think it's impossible for a racial resolution to really happen not just between blacks and whites, but frankly anyone of any race, gender, religion and orientation as I have to tried to tell you and others earlier on about the situation. You thought I was being manipulative and dishonest. I think as a citizenry (or perhaps even a human species), I think we're screwed and we will fall into a social decline that would cost us politically, internationally, economically, etc. There is probably no escape and I really think the internet and technological advancements that are made are causing more of these instabilities in our society.

http://www.thetoptens.com/most-racists-states-us/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...l&utm_source=Alert-politics&utm_content=Title

5. Raudi

Raudi Member

6. satyr

satyr New Member

Ferguson is a smidgen over two-thirds black but only one out of seven city council members, including the mayor, are black. Are you fucking kidding me?!

Where are the black people in Ferguson on days when the polls open? There is absolutely no excuse for this.

7. goodlove

goodlove New Member

u get what u get when u dont vote and properly manage ur money

8. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

^^^^Absofuckinglutely.

In case it hasn't already been posted...(no time to check the pages here and other threads)...sorry if it's here somewhere already...

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...-county-and-local-police-wear-camera/8tlS5czf

The people who are paid to protect us need to be held accountable when that protection isn't given equally to all Americans. There's so much work that needs to be done to clean up our justice system, this law would be just a drop in the bucket but we have to start somewhere. Recording the actions of those who are paid to protect us all equally is a step in the right direction IMO. The issue of ensuring accountability when it's found that an officer has fucked up will be a whole other issue to tackle.

9. Stumper

Stumper New Member

In other news, 8 people were shot in a 5 hour time frame in Chicago....including a 15 year old boy.

But carry on....

10. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

You're a defeatist and a pessimist.

Ferguson is still an aberration for most of the country.

11. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

Dante Parker: Family Mourns Man Who Died After Taser Used On Him

http://newsone.com/3044881/dante-parker-family-mourns-man-who-died-after-taser-used-on-him/

[​IMG]

VICTORVILLE, Calif. — The family of a 36-year-old newspaper pressman is mourning his death after San Bernardino County sheriff’s deputies used a Taser gun to stun him.
    KNBC-TV reports that deputies on Tuesday used a Taser on Dante Parker during a struggle to take him into custody. Officers suspected Parker of breaking into a home in the 13000 block of Bucknell Court in Victorville.
    Officials say deputies found Parker riding a bicycle away from the residence and tried to stop him, but he appeared to be under the influence of unknown substances and was combative.
    Officials say Parker fought with a female deputy and left bruises on her arms. They add that the deputy used a Taser on Parker “multiple times” during a struggle.
    “That whole story is totally wrong; that’s just not Dante,” Richard Loredo, a former Daily Press pressman who worked with Parker, said Wednesday. “Dante’s not a burglar … You can see how well his kids were raised; he was a good dad. For the police department to portray him like that is unfair.”
    Parker frequently rode his bike in a bid to improve his health, according to friends and was doing just that when he was stopped by police.
    “[Parker] was big, like a defensive end in football,” his cousin Ge’shun Harris told the Victorville Press. “I understand that he was big and intimidating, but whoever called the police was wrong, because I don’t believe he was doing such a thing.”
    Parker was a married father of five and a pressman at the Victorville Daily Press. The Riverside County Coroner’s Office will conduct the autopsy to determine the cause of Parker’s death.

12. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Yes keep burning Mr. Erickson's store and stealing his shit. HE is the bad guy.

13. fantasyfangrl

fantasyfangrl New Member

But it is ridiculous it is happening all over right now. Three states that I know of but no damn news about it??

14. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Sad but not the same thing

15. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

there was actually a well organized protest in civic center park here in denver...100s of people showed up to support "hands up don't shoot"

i watch channel 7 and they covered it @5pm & 10pm and it has also been mentioned on world news tonight several programs in a row due to the riots in st.louis

16. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

17. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

18. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

19. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

20. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member