Ferguson, Missouri Community Furious After Teen Shot Dead By Police

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Sirius Dogon, Aug 10, 2014.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Let them smoke the peace pipe.

2. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

[YOUTUBE]tWUkBxmFUvU[/YOUTUBE]

3. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

There is a civil case in Denver where the family was awarded 6million...family member was killed while in police custody

There is only one thing that pisses me off about these cases...it doesn't necessarily hit the officer or the police dept in the pocketbook...the city pays it out of our tax dollars

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

the sad thing is he was paid by the family so his testimony won't be taken seriously.
    Makes sense to me though

5. The Dark King

6. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

7. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

9. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

WOW.:smt087

American media coverage is just shitty. This mfer would likely have been convicted with this kind of testimony.

And the prosecutor expected the grand jury to interpret the forensic evidence, and 9 of the 12 jurors were White.:rolleyes:

When shit like this goes down part of me switches into that eye-for-an-eye mode.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

The fix was in with that jury makeup

Basically, it's supposed to reflect the county and is premade (which is why they didn't make a special one for this case), which means that in any racially divisive incidents, whites will always have the upper hand and blacks will not have equal say

Let that marinate for a minute

11. The Dark King

12. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

My sentiments exactly.

"The New Black"? Another example of a guy who has money thinking that makes him intelligent. Personal responsibility is important, but that has absolutely fuck-all to do with the lack of Due Process and Equal Protection that Michael Brown received. I don't care if he pushed the store owner and stole a case of Swisher Sweets or whatever the hell they were. Those acts are wrong but they don't carry the death penalty.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  13. goodlove

goodlove New Member

He said at the bottom of the article that he believed the cop should be punished.

I will say this...he came off as i know more than u attitude

14. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

He came off to me as a man who is surrounded by yes men.

15. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol...

16. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

I see where you are going with this but to be called for jury duty you must be a registered voter...more than likely the jury would be seated with majority white jury...just like all the white police officers

17. orejon4

You're right. No one has told him that he has no idea what he's talking about.

18. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Our tree, in downtown Lancaster. :smt049

[​IMG]

19. orejon4

The outpouring of solidarity around the nation and the world has been moving. I think it touches a deep chord among many people about abuse of power, regardless of race or nationality. I truly hope that the people of the world are able to bring their respective governments to heel and make them respect the will of all the people. Thanks for posting this picture.

20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

That's freaking awesome chessers

And yes ore...the solidarity is incredible..it's literally worldwide

Toronto pushing non blacks to the side during one of their events, is a slap in the face

Many whites and others have been getting locked up , Maced, and tear gassed (ie doing more to advance the cause than a lot of black couch potatoes are) during demonstrations, alongside blacks, so it's kinda like wtf

It's like I obviously see why they would do it (because it's perceived as a black problem) but then I see why they shouldn't (because police brutality transcends race and deals heavily with class)