Ferguson, Missouri Community Furious After Teen Shot Dead By Police

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Sirius Dogon, Aug 10, 2014.

1. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Wow, I didn't think I would. But, I agree with most of what Pharrell said. I don't see where he's excusing Brown's killing. He clearly thinks Wilson should be in jail. But, there is an aspect to all of this that falls on us as black people to fix. Just because a person is given the shit end of the stick does not give that person the right to be shitty. Also, everything he said was before the verdict came down.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

So what though, why does he have to be a perfect victim? It's like saying well if she weren't a prostitute she wouldn't have been raped or murder. The prostitution is irrelevant just like the robbery.

3. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Pretty much...many of us would already be dead or in jail if we went through life with that mindset

I was always told coming up as a kid, that no one owes me a gotdamn thing in this world

I was also told as a young kid to reach for the stars

I'm sure many of you were told the same, despite the legacy of racism and class inequality in this country

In other news

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lice-shoot-car-bean-bag-violent-protests.html

Disgusting

I think we forget the fact that even a non lethal shot of anything to the face and eye area, can have devastating effects

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

The robbery may have been irrelevant but tussling with a cop over fucking jaywalking is not

Their was a gunshot to the hand of mike brown as well as blood on darren Wilson's shirt

I highly doubt mike brown was asking for directions

But again, all of this would be squashed if darren wilson just had a body cam or actual facial injuries

Mind you...the original autopsy of mike brown didn't show any sign of a struggle either

5. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

6. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

You can't see them, but there are other signs tied onto the tree with similar slogans. I'm sure they'll be removed because, as one person on my FB page says "It's not a political platform" *rolls eyes* but I'm glad I caught the tree with them on before they're taken down.

7. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I'd say make a separate thread dedicated to it, but no one would post in it

Getting away with murder is only ok if ur black obviously

This also runs contrary to the accepted belief (for some reason) that if a black cop kills a white person, he's automatically guilty and will go to jail

It's called the thin blue line for a reason.......

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

10. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Google the ME's testimony at the grand jury and you'll see how true that is. I believe page 34 and 63. No gun powder residue showing that there was close range shooting. And what's even crazier is Darren Wilson has accumulated a million dollars through this bs

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Concern over dismantling (or ensuring they stay the fuck down) racist institutions that lead to death, gets reduced to 'playing politics,' with a tree being the platform

Well if that ain't gotdamn privilege I don't know what the fuck is

12. samson1701

No, not saying he or anyone has to be the perfect victim. Wilson should be tried for murder. And, in my non-legal opinion, punished. And, if he was found to have acted within the law, then that law is unjust and should be changed.

But, the fact still remains that there are issues in the black comunity that if they were addressed and solved, would have likely (I say likely because Brown could've been the nicest, gents list soul on the planet and still could have gotten gunned down by the cops) resulted in Brown walking away from that incident with nothing more than citation which he could've fought and won in court.

I was taught to do exactly what an authority figure tells you unless it something evil or perverted. Say, "Yes, sir." and "No, sir." Then, come straight home and tell the adults (father, mother, grandma, etc ...) what happened and let them handle it.

You will never win against the police in a physical situation. That use to be the first thing you were taught when you began venturing out on your own. Of course, there's more to it than that.

13. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

You can't fix any community until you fix the legal system. That is what is running the show.

14. samson1701

The legal system has always been fucked up for the black comunity. But, the black comunity hasn't always been fucked up. How things are in some of our lower economical and working class cominuties isn't how it was back in the day.

It's not a "we fix one then we fix the other" proposition. Both can, and should be, worked on simultaneously. Like my parents told me," I don't care what they do. You do right." March to fix the legal system. Work to fix our communities.

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Well I'll be gotdamn

16. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

yea.... I remember having a talk with an old man who works with me about houston back in the days. He summed it up to that people like to remember the good things of the past but they forget about the bad things.

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Imagine that...

18. samson1701

Dude, I have no illusions about the golden age. I grew up outside of Detroit in the 80's. Things could get foul back then, too. But, it really wasn't like it is these now. Or, at least like it was when I left in 07'. There was this huge "shift" in the community after 87 or so. Behavior that would get you checked by almost everyone around you became acceptable.

That's an almost all black police force. And, they will give you a break if you fuck up on some minor shit. Defiantly not a police state. But, some of the way the people think and carry themselves? Bro, you would think some racist ass white dude made them up.

There are some real issues we need to fix while we're guarding ourselves against outside forces. Yeah, it's not fair. White people don't get put through a quarter of what we do while dealing with the law. But, it is what it is. We are an extraordinary people. We can handle fighting on both fronts and win.

19. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Sounds like my parents saying how schools in black areas of philly were safer than they are now

People scraped and carried knives back then of course (don't forget the gangs) but all this getting shot over dumbshit wasn't happening on the same level

Of course I have yet to mine historical data to verify their claims, but i was inclined to believe them

20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member