Ferguson, Missouri Community Furious After Teen Shot Dead By Police

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Sirius Dogon, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Son. Quit saying you don't care about what other people's leanings are when all you do is focus on them. Again, if you are a true moderate then you wouldn't need to "tailor" your responses to fit what you see as a majority liberal or conservative leaning site, since say you do the same elsewhere. What's the point of tailoring your responses if you're not seeking to get a certain reaction from people.

And by the way, I am calm. If I choose to use profanity to express my self I will. It's called free speech. Same as when you choose to label other people "Dems" "Commies" "Douchbags" "Racists" or "Pops", Mr. All American Black American.

*waits for Paniro's lame canned response of "Why you Got To Call Names" when he's initially labeled me "Pops" in his previous response to make me look petty for simply using the word "fuck"*

2. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Hearing the coverage about this ongoing bullshit makes me question what the fuck the people there are fighting for anymore....

All they want to do is continue their bullshit and have any excuse to go on a juvenile tirade, basically fueling the fire even more. Ghetto ass motherfuckers of this ilk make me sick.

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

This!

4. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

trust me when I tell you the majority would have liked to see this man shot at the theater...he is going to end up costing the state of colorado millions

thank god he wasn't killed or the death toll could have been higher...he rigged his apt to blow up more people...

5. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Here is a different take on the matter

I hate to admit it but I am beginning to believe that Michael Brown wasn't too tuff of a "gentle giant" as his father told the public he was. I am leaning to the belief that the guy was a young, dumb bully who did what he wanted to do as he seemed to believe that might makes right.

Walk in the middle of the street (I have done that too but I would just cross the damn street if a cop car came upon me and continue to my destination)

Big boy a Shopkeeper after stealing some tobacco products (never have I done that but I have shoplifted stuff back in my teenage years a few times)

Bernard Hopkins did 5.5 years at Graterford State prison for what Michael Brown did a week ago. I cannot get over these images of him as a Blood. Not that he was irredeemable because I was a rebellious and recalcitrant teenager too (got suspended 5 times in my Senior year alone and couldn't walk at commencement) . . . but he made some poor choices which may have led to the altercation that resulted in his death shortly after these images of him committing a convenience store robbery.

When the cops come around . . . comply with their inquiry and comply completely. That is what I would want more and more young people to understand. I was arrested for the first time on my 18th birthday so I was younger than Michael was when he got got . . . but I didn't resist arrest or inquiry either . . .

Would Michael still be alive if he complied completely initially and allowed himself to be stopped and questioned???

I think he had a mentality that he could do whatever he wanted to do because he was young, strong and big . . . so when the cop tried to detain him for further questioning he fought back :)smt102)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

So? I've seen my fair share of young white guys do the same thing for the exact same reasons. And I'd bet money the majority of them who did resist had no fear or worries about the police possibly shooting & killing them because no one would even think of shooting an unarmed white male no matter how disrespectful & disobedient he presented himself to the police. Even if they were guilty of committing an actual crime added to the mix.

7. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

I understand your point about young people needing to understand that in the interest of safety they MUST comply, completely. Obviously I wasn't there so I won't agree with your thoughts on Browns behavior. I will say though that officers need to find (and use) non lethal ways to subdue non compliant suspects. I've read conflicting reports but this kid was shot like 5-10 times. No fucking excuse for that. Seems like cops get pissed or maybe scared and they unload their firearms. I have a family full of cops so trust me, I'm not the one to come in yelling fuck the police but at the same time I can recognize when shit needs to change. Black men are being killed every fucking day by those paid to protect and serve. This just can't continue. Yes, people need to suck it up and comply...for the sake of their life, but the bigger picture is the need to correct how officers respond to those that aren't complying. Too often their initial reaction seems to be to unload their gun. That should be the last option. I'm so sick at hearing about young people being killed so unnecessarily. Whether this kid was the big bully as you say or not...dude did NOT deserve to die. That's on that officer and he should be held accountable for that untimely death.

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Son. Take your cornball troll furckery and find someone who actually wants to play tit for tat with you, since there are some folks here who actually like that mess. I'm not interested.

9. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Non compliance equals death now? Motherfuckers shoot up entire movie theaters and the cops don't use deadly force when they surrender but for some reason blacks are such threat that even when running they must be stopped. Smdh

10. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

You don't think it had to do with the theft?
    It is more likely he reacted like that if he did the theft.
    This is not to say that he was on the video.
    Keep in Mind that this is the ferguson Police department.

[​IMG]

This man was arrested for a crime that another man committed and then assaulted by the Ferguson Police Department. The Police department conveniently recorded the beating too fast.

Just because They have nothing in their file doesn't mean that they didn't commit crimes.

If that alleged video of Brown had been recorded at a certain speed you would have never known what he did. and all Brown did was steal and threaten. Hard to trust Ferguson Police.

11. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

I think you should consider the possibility that something similar to this might happen again at some point in 2015. If so, what would you then be saying? You should also be asking yourself, why is it not only black men that feel this way and/or have these kinds of experiences. If other people are saying similar things that I'm saying on different sites and outlets, that doesn't make them all defeatists or pessimists. It acknowledges a reality that particular people of certain racial groups have to contend with.

12. archangel

Should the american people wait and endure all of the police brutalities until we get the right one?

13. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Everyone, shhhhh ... My common sense is tingling!

I hope everyone realizes that at the time of Brown's shooting death, the officer had no idea that boy may have committed petty theft or minor assault (neither of which is punishable by death, by the way). Don't let them get you off the main points. Another unarmed black male was killed by the establishment for little to no reason.

The video tape is a distraction move and people are falling for it. That's not how are justice system works. They know that but they are betting that we don't. Don't fall for it. The theft and the shooting are not related in the eyes of the law. What they will do know is claim that the officer tried to apprehend him in connection with the robberry even though the shooter never stated that originally.

The police are no longer policing. They are occupying. And, if you think what they did was acceptable because of what may or may not have happened prior to the murder, then you are enabling that occupation.

14. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Not true. Black men are being targeted by police and then gunned down (or choked to death) when those bm dare ask why they're being questioned. Wake up paniro, if this little white girl can see through that bullshit why the hell can't you?? Not every bm who is targeted by police is guilty and for you to assume that "most" are, is incredibly disheartening.

15. archangel

Even if most are, The problem is that the police officer is breaking the law as well. It is like you are saying two wrongs make a right. You should be just as harsh on any person breaking the law. That's what people are angry about. Two sets of the rules.

This is the case of the authority not following the laws who knows better than an 18 year old kid. I don't think If Brown was white or if the officer was black that those bullets he fired after the surrender would have stopped. This is bigger than one white killing a black person. This is the citizen being taxed and having the police departments killing and beating the US citizen with no one to stop them. Plenty of it on white people too.

[YOUTUBE]9tCgBHPIR6E[/YOUTUBE]

This officer is still on the job.

16. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Even a broken clock is right twice a day...gotta roll with paniro on this one

17. archangel

roll where. When the popo does something wrong, it's ok but when you do somthing wrong let the popo beat you down and cover it up or shoot you.

18. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

You said it right there. Quit doing wrong out here in these streets, that's half the battle right there. Niggas living down to expectations and we see the outcome

19. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

People resist arrest all the time. It's only recently that some of us think it's okay for a cop to execute an unarmed civilian for not complying peacefully with an officer's request to allow them to put on handcuffs.

If you as a full grown man who happens to be a PO can't subdue a teenager without using deadly force, you need to turn in your badge.

What happened to tasers and billyclubs??

I've always wondered wh cops don't fire warning shots straight up in the air, to remind the suspect they have a firearm??

The few times I've had someone fire a gun in the air it scared the shit out of me and made me THINK I could be shot.

That surveillance video was recorded 10 minutes before Brown was shot. The cop who murdered him had no idea who he was.

I still say people should be asking why the Ferguson PD hasn't released at minimum a preliminary autopsy report??

If that kid was shot more than once AND shot in the back, things are about to get much worse in Ferguson.

You as a Black man can't control what a PO is going to do or how he's going to react in a given situation, but you can control how YOU handle yourself.

Unfortunately this young man didn't realize when that cop confronted him, he no longer had any more rights and he and the PO weren't equals.

It's not a movie out here.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  20. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

The police thought that guy was guilty of that crime he committed hours before his death why did they shown it earlier? Something is fishy in the Ferguson Police Dept. P187,Black males are targeted for harassment and arrest. Saw on You Tube that crazy Black preacher who was blaming Sharpton named Jonathan Gentry thinks the Popo were right on shooting that young man. Black conservatives are in fantasyland to think the young Black males are "protected" when profiled.