Ferguson, Missouri Community Furious After Teen Shot Dead By Police

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Sirius Dogon, Aug 10, 2014.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

lol.....it wont gain traction
    ...i put up threads about IR such as a ww wanting to know how to raise her black son. not one respond.

but here i go.

2. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Given our constant disagreements, perhaps my ex should read that thread, lol.

3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

lol.

well...i put it up. lets see what happens

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

:smt005

5. orejon4

Hey, I did my part. Lol

6. goodlove

goodlove New Member

lol.

7. goodlove

goodlove New Member

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Yup....we sure do

[​IMG]

9. orejon4

It wouldn't be the first time one exploited person piled on top of another one in an attempt to identify with their oppressor. Frantz Fanon, anyone?

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I'm race baiting here, move along with ur rational process and psychology

:p

11. orejon4

When am I going to learn? Heheheheh

[​IMG]

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Look Hebrew (cuz u know the true hebrews are black), ur about to be a lawyer....entering that elite group of Americans who possess a degree many consider to be on par with the prestige of an MD

All I have is a 5th grade education and the ability to stir shit on a backwater website

Don't take this away from me

:D

13. orejon4

Well I'll be damned... (been dying to say that :p)

14. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

a Confederacy of Dunces

I heard an interview with Ferguson police chief tonight on cbs evening news that was ... odd at best. I went online to see a recap of the story cause I must have heard him wrong but couldn't find one. Did anyone else see it? did he really say "there's absolutely no racial issues in his department"? Again, I couldn't find the story on their web site so I can't quote him exactly. But I do remember that when the reporter pressed him to repeat, after he continued to assert there were no problems, nothing needing addressing; he finally averred that there was perhaps a "racial divide as perceived by some" - I distinctly remember he said "perceived." My first thought was "Who advised him that it would be smart to go on TV and say this stuff?" His tone and body language was clearly very indignant. He was taking the position that he and his force were victims, saying he was "hurt and offended" that the Guard didn't step in and "do something" in response to the riots. He said -- and this is a pretty near quote - "a lot of white people really suffered." My thoughts were that even if he felt in his heart this to be true--even if it was true--how is going on tv and taking that position helpful to his community? Helpful to his white victims? Helpful to his cops? I would have thought the police chief of ferguson would want to promote peace, reconciliation, and at least lead the people to believe they were addressing "whatever everyone was upset about" (not a direct quote, ha), and make people think that all's good and please everybody move on. I couldn't figure why he'd want to inflame everyone all over again and throw another punch after the bell's rung and they're picking him up off the ground. I noticed there's something about the DOJ suing (I know I'm behind on the latest news) and so I could see him possibly wanting to strike back at the feds, but surely his attorney is jumping off a bridge after that interview. That's the last thing you want to do (go on tape saying this stuff) when they're considering prosecution. You don't need a lawyer to tell you to shut up; you don't need a public relations firm to tell you these statements won't go over well with the people; and you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
    Did anyone else see it? Tell me I heard it all wrong.

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

16. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

Anthony Hill, Unarmed, Naked Black Man, Fatally Shot By Police Near Atlanta

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...l?ir=Black+Voices&ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000051

[​IMG]

March 9 (Reuters) - A white, Atlanta-area police officer shot dead a naked and unarmed African-American man acting erratically in his apartment complex and who was possibly suffering from a mental illness, the county police chief said.

A Dekalb County police officer responded to a caller who said a man was "acting deranged, knocking on doors, and crawling around on the ground naked," on Monday around 1 p.m. local time, county police chief Cedric Alexander told reporters.

The officer encountered the man, who was not wearing any clothes, in the parking lot, Alexander said at a conference published online by local broadcaster Fox5.

Alexander said the man ran at the officer, who backed up and ordered the person to stop before shooting him twice. Police did not find a weapon at the scene, he said.

Monday's shooting comes after a string of killings of unarmed black men by police in the United States. Last year, incidents in Ferguson, Missouri and New York City prompted nationwide protests, some of which turned violent.

This is at least the third African-American man to be shot dead by police since last Friday, who either was or seemed unarmed.

Dekalb County police has already faced protests after an officer shot dead a black man who had called 911 when his girlfriend was stabbed by an attacker in his apartment late last year, according to local media.

Alexander said he could "reasonably assume" the person was possibly suffering from mental illness, given his behavior. He declined to identify the victim, but the New York Times reported that he was 27-year-old Anthony Hill.

Alexander said the officer, who had been with the department for seven years, was equipped with a taser at the time of the shooting. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation would handle Monday's incident, he said.

Police near Denver last Friday shot dead an unarmed man who was a wanted fugitive. On the same day, an officer in Madison, Wisconsin, shot dead a 19-year-old, prompting some 2,000 students to march in the state's capital on Monday. (Reporting by Curtis Skinner in San Francisco; Editing by Nick Macfie and Raissa Kasolowsky)

17. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

Tony Robinson, 19, was unarmed when he was shot late Friday by a Madison police

http://www.theroot.com/articles/new..._unarmed_when_he_was_fatally_shot_by_cop.html

[​IMG]

A 19-year-old African-American man was unarmed when he was shot and killed Friday by a white officer in Madison, Wis., the Associated Press reports, renewing the national debate about aggressive policing in the black community. Protests erupted over the shooting and lasted throughout the day Saturday.

The teen, Tony Robinson, was shot after allegedly assaulting Officer Matt Kenny, Madison Police Chief Mike Koval said Saturday during a news conference. The incident began about 6:30 p.m. on Friday when police received a call about a person jumping into traffic. A second call to police said the man was “responsible for a battery” in a nearby apartment, Koval said, according to AP.

The officer went to the apartment and pushed his way inside after hearing a disturbance, the report says. Upon entering, he was allegedly assaulted by Robinson, and that’s when the officer fired, the chief says. Koval told the press that he was uncertain how many shots were fired and that the incident is under investigation.

“He was unarmed,” Koval said of Robinson, AP writes. “That’s going to make this all the more complicated for the investigators, for the public to accept.” Police Department spokesman Joel DeSpain said Kenny would not have been wearing a body camera, according to AP.

The shooting thrust Madison into the center of the growing controversy about police brutality in the nation’s police departments. At the scene of the shooting, demonstrators chanted, “Black lives matter,” the mantra of demonstrators against aggressive policing across the country.

“I can’t even compute what has happened,” Robinson’s mother, Andrea Irwin, said in a statement. “I haven’t even had a chance to see his body.”