finding s soul mate in kenya

Discussion in 'The International Perspective' started by naija4real, May 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. z

z Well-Known Member

1. So is Vicodin hard to come by in Kenya, lol, I see a black market for it then...

2. So your sole attraction to BM is mostly based on wide nose?? interesting, that's actually looked down upon in western countries.

3. You say your hubby has a PhD in energy, are you in the same field? is that a marketable career in Kenya??

2. ILOVEAFRICAMEN

ILOVEAFRICAMEN New Member

The Kenyan equivalency for Vicodin is Dihydrocodeine. 10mg Vicodin = 45mg Dihydrocodeine. I have never tried Dihydrocodeine back in the states. Hence, Vicodin is a US and Canada drug. Yes, there is a black market of Vicodin in America. I am from South Florida, and I have a relative in Las Vegas (which I was there often). Show doctor then US equivalancies in Kenya and the doctor will NOT hesitate to prescribe unlike the US ( although I was fortunate that I never ran into that problem unlike many other Americans). I was getting my monthly script from the Doctor when I was living in the US. Here in Kenya, a doctor can even write you a prescription for Morphine (I am allergic to that one). Then main problem is knowing which pharmacy/chemist to go (is best to go to the one whites go to).

Yes, my attraction to BM is mostly based on the WIDE NOSE and some other features. I did not know the wide Nose is looked down upon in Western countries. I think the typical African Nose is the most beautiful creation God created.

I am not in the same field as my hubby. He also has a Masters in Engineering (marketable in Kenya), which he is using. PhD's are used for teaching and for people that want more time (you know teaching can give you more time, even in America). Is good for people who have income from good business and/or someone with a stable job with good income that want to use teaching part-time. He wants to use the PhD when he gets older as he would want more leisure time.

3. Sin Mari

Sin Mari New Member

So true. There are so many dodgy pharmacies in Kenya. LOL You've got to be careful they don't sell you a damn sugar pill instead of your prescription.
    Sounds like you've got it all sorted. :D What a great life for you. Got any pictures to share? I'd love to see some photos of Mombasa, I haven't been there. I lived in central Kenya.

4. 11eleven11

11eleven11 New Member

Wow, That sounds pretty intense! How on earth did you get everything sorted in time? Sounds like it must be relatively easy to get a visa there at least.

Sorry if I'm sounding nosy, I found your story fascinating so far, tell us more :D

Seconding the pics request too!

5. Sin Mari

Sin Mari New Member

I'm wondering about the visa too.

6. ILOVEAFRICAMEN

I am not that tech-savvy when it comes to posting photos. Can you tell me where and how to do it with ALL the steps? That will be highly appreciated. I also have facebook. I prefer to add you as a friend then we can share photos that way. How about that?

7. ILOVEAFRICAMEN

Actually Kenya is much easier to get visa in comparison when I applied for visa to West Africa. After my husband purchased my ticket, which was actually almost three weeks from first e-contact, I applied for visa the very next day with all the documents. My documents were FedEx round-trip. I got it back in a week after I applied.

Yes, I am still shocked myself. Many people that I know that got married after years of knowing each other do not get along. I cannot say that about my situation. Of course, even with my own family, we all differ. I even differ more with my own family more than I do with my husband. Anyway, once I agree to marry, THERE IS NO TURNING BACK. Marriage is FOREVER (Until death do us part)!

Please pardon me being new to this. I have never posted photos on a website (not even a dating site). It was funny when my husband contacted me, I sent him my photos via email that very day. The method I prefer to send photos is via email, and or facebook (I am still learning facebook). I was very discreet when it came to my life, which was one reason why I am new to facebook as well.

8. Sin Mari

Sin Mari New Member

I'm Renee Y. Mwangi on facebook. Look me up and request (but let me know that you're from wwbm.com when you do). :)
    My husband and I got married quickly too, but not as quickly as you two. LOL And we'd met in real life (in Kenya), not online so it's a bit different...but still fast.

9. 11eleven11

11eleven11 New Member

Oh wow, that is fast(and incredibly efficient xD can't imagine getting any kind of paperwork dealt with that quickly here)! Is it easier to get a visa because you were planning to marry or is Kenya just easier on immigrants than other countries in general?
    Aww, I think it's great that you've found someone you feel that way about :)
    imageshack is very easy for uploading pics online if you're still trying to post pics: http://imageshack.us/ but I think you can put pictures on here by clicking the paperclip above the box you write your posts in(I haven't tried it, but it looks like it'd work).

10. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Africaman,you are fortunate to marry a brother who is smart and prosperous.

11. ILOVEAFRICAMEN

Thanks! That was one of the only things that got me thinking! A man like him at his age being single is a rarity.

12. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

He is indeed a keeper may your relationship lasts a long time.

13. KENYANVISITOR

KENYANVISITOR Restricted

ILAM,all the best to you and yours. I said it earlier about the Kenyan slutdom and your husband has just confirmed what many men suffer here on a daily basis. Do you know there is a silent 'marry only foreign women,' movement here in Kenya similar to what American men have?

14. ILOVEAFRICAMEN

Thanks very much KENYANVISITOR. You can look me up and add me on facebook (Abina Kabeyi). Just let me know you are from WWBM. I am very much interested in knowing more about this 'marry only foreign women' movement here in Kenya. I agree there was a purpose in American men wanting to marry only foreign women. From what I witnessed, it is very correct. I have witnessed my white-American female relative in several relationships in that her life, and almost all of them (except her husband now) believed in a man's superiority to the woman (NONE OF THEM FELT COMFORTABLE in her having a career or job of her own). They were only interested in her because she was jobless. She started working when she met the man she had before her current husband (2nd and current husband), and the man just used her for US immigration papers (he is a European). In fact, when she started working, no man would be interested to date her. Many men were only interested in dating her when she was jobless. She met the European man that played like he was interested in her and did not mind her working at all (of course, it was for ulterior motives), he married her and dumped her as soon as the green card got in his hands. Her now current husband is a AfricanAmerican (first one) and is on the liberal side.

I have seen women with careers being USED by the men (being ruined financially then the men look for their REAL wives). Trust me, I WISH THINGS WOULD CHANGE. Things are starting to change in America in some of the Northern cities such as NYC, Boston, Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, etc...

Hence, I also met a woman here in Kenya who is not able to get a husband because she is the so-called Independent woman. She dated many men who felt threatened by her independence. She dated a West African man who loved her independence (of course, ulterior motives) to only fimd out that she had to constantly give him her money on several occasions (similar story to what my relative has gone through).

All what we can do is hope that the male mentality will change.

15. Damayor

Damayor Member

No need to disrespect the women who go to those conventions. I still think the conventions are a but everybody still looks and searches for companionship. Another problem in a country like Kenya is that you have a lot of educated women who value the strong man who financially takes care of the woman. If you are a broke guy tough luck for you, and the result is a large number of single ladies for the Naija preacher to con.

Again liking white women does not mean you have to hate black women, so spare the insults of the Kenyan women.

16. Unickque

Unickque New Member

So how are things going on for you and your lovely hubby? Are you still in kenya?

17. Unickque

Unickque New Member

You couldn't have put it any better. Liking whites does not neccesarily mean we hate blacks. It's all a matter of preference...!

18. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

I am dying to know how that story turned out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.