Free at last...Brittney Griner

Discussion in 'Sports' started by fly girl, Dec 8, 2022.

1. fly girl

fly girl Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

I'm glad she's back home. What she did was stupid, but nine years in prison for some vape oil is absurd. I know Russia is an authoritarian dictatorship and all that, but that's extreme even for them.

3. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

Crazy as shit, but no doubt their own people that do the same shit get 0 punishment lol. Just like the Schapelle Corby case, she spent major time in prison for having weed in her luggage, yet the journalists who were covering her case were being offered weed at every street corner by the Balinese.

4. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Screenshot_20221208-165753_(1).png

5. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

A lot of foreign countries really do crack down extra hard on minor offenses. And weed is about as minor as it gets, if you ask me. If more people smoked, the world would be a much more peaceful place. I am 100% convinced that countries come down so hard on drug so that they can show the rest of the world that they're willing to make an example out of someone for the most minor of offenses.

6. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

It’s so seriously sad! They’ll allow pedos and murderers to not be stoned to death or face the firing squad, but will do that to the people trying to make a dollar off drug trade.

I’m with you, weed is at the lowest tier in comparison to the drugs that do wreak havoc on a persons life!

Hell, god forbid man to smoke a plant planted by the good man upstairs and feel good off something other than man made synthetic cancer causing pharmaceuticals!!

7. fly girl

I know my option is shaped by my limited experiences, but I’m not sure she intentionally did it. I’ve had dozens of coworkers get caught with loaded guns in their bags when going thru security to work. They all claimed they forgot it was in their bag. I can’t help comparing the two. Guys get caught with a loaded gun in their bag at an airport and do not loose their AOA badge let alone their job or freedom. When you think of the damage that can be done with a gun vs a vape pen…

‘I was 1000% on the free Britney team to the chagrin of most of my friends/family.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. fly girl

Just read Wikipedia on Paul Whelan, the man imprisoned in Russia who the right thinks should have been freed. He is a very sketchy character. I assumed the charges against him were propaganda. Now I’m not so sure. I don’t want to character assassinate him over the political issues with Griner but…. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Whelan_(security_director)