Game of Thrones & GOT Spinoffs

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Max Mosley, May 26, 2011.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

No worries from me, I wasn't talking about this message board. I wouldn't have come on the "Game of Thrones" thread if I hadn't already been spoiled.

It's when spoilers pop up in places your not expecting that can suck sometimes. I got the episode spoiled for me on a sports message board for goodness sake. :D

2. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Bingo, when the Fool said, "we must go, he might survive" it seemed to me that he had some inside information about the poison and thus had a hand in it, due to his treatment from Joffrey and his feelings of gratitude towards Sansa.

3. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Off course, the guy who gave her the necklace didn't recognise him done up with the silly hat.

I always thought Sansa was going to try her hand again, ever since the Hound gave her that look when she considered pushing Joffrey of that wooden plank, after he showed her Ned's head on a spike.

4. FG

FG Well-Known Member

You think sansa did it?

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

With help from the jester. Good theory on Bug's part

6. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

I really wish I could tell you guys how close or far off you are on your theories as I have read all the books and I know did and how they did it, I actually rewatched the episode to see if you could actually see it being done. I did not notice it, but there was a scene I missed the first time around that I caught the second time through and it basically gives away who did it. I won't spoil it but the who and the how are quite surprising and the reason behind it well it's not as clear as you think.

Those speculating on whose next well if they are true to the book then all I am gonna say is that your jaws are going to be on the floor.

7. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

My speculations:

Who ever killed Joffrey did it for "business" reasons. When people kill for passion on this show they usually like for the other person to know who it was who killed them. And since they say poison is a women's weapon, my money is on the new queen and her grandmother.

I think The jester got Sansa out of there for the same reason Sam grabbed that girl and her baby when the those Nights Watch guys turned on their leaders, last season. He saw which way the wind was blowing, he knew that there would be plenty of blame to go around.

8. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

I agree with all of the above, but think it was his mother who did it

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

King Joffrey: Jack Gleeson retires from acting after his Game of Thrones stint.

Story from The Independent.com.

Jack Gleeson has decided to quit acting following the conclusion of his character King Joffrey's part in Game of Thrones, saying he only intended for it to be a hobby and it is 'not what I want to do' in future.

The 21-year-old has hinted at his retirement before, but does not seem to be having cold feet as his time on the HBO fantasy comes to a close.

Asked why he was retiring by Entertainment Weekly, he replied: "The answer isn’t interesting or long-winded. I’ve been acting since age 8. I just stopped enjoying it as much as I used to.

"And now there’s the prospect of doing it for a living, whereas up until now it was always something I did for recreation with my friends, or in the summer for some fun. I enjoyed it. When you make a living from something, it changes your relationship with it. It’s not like I hate it, it’s just not what I want to do."

Gleeson is a keen academic, having previously spoken at the Oxford Union about his dislike for celebrity culture.

His GoT character Joffrey was poisoned at his own wedding in season 4 episode 2 "The Lion and the Rose", the scene being dubbed the 'Purple Wedding' due to the color of Gleeson's cheeks as he breathed his last breath, coming after season 3's infamous red one.

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

FYI : "The Mountain" is the older & meaner brother of "The Hound" for those not in the know. Shown only twice briefly in the last three seasons, he plays a prominent role in Season 4.

[​IMG]

11. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Yeah, they grow em big in Iceland. Wonder why you dont see more of those dudes in the NFL.

12. The Dark King

Damn that dude is 6'6 minimum

13. The Dark King

Dude is incredibly intelligent, I recommend everyone view the Oxford Union talk on youtube

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

His HBO bio has him as being 6 ft 9 in. His actual height is said to be 6 ft 8 & a half inches with weight at 397 lbs. He placed second in this year's World's Strongest Man competition.

15. The Dark King

I need to download the audiobooks too. I need to know what all the smug assholes know lol

16. The Dark King

Dude is a fricking beast. Wow

17. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

To about the half way point in book three. A Storm of Swords.

18. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I'm one of this smug assholes. Lol. But I'd hard to keep 5000 pages and like 120 charachters straight

19. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I had forgotten about this in all the excitement. Thanks for reminding me. I need to check out the rebroadcast.

Damn, a sports board? Good grief!

20. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

Dude who plays Joffrey is probs retiring because he knows he's literally the most hated man in the world and will never work again :smt081