Game of Thrones & GOT Spinoffs

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Max Mosley, May 26, 2011.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Yeah I never understood the logic of "you killed my mother"
    It's like she's purely filled with hate and needs someone anyone to take it out on. What a weight it must be to be in love with your own twin. So odd

2. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Maybe it's their very twin status that compels that close emotional bond. I've heard about twins being psychologically in sync before - obviously not at the Game of Thrones level of intensity, but in general. Jaime looks like Cersei's luster is getting less radiant as he has grown as a person with each malicious thing she does. But I noticed that Prince Oberon even mentioned Jaime sticking up for him as a baby in his crib.

3. The Dark King

Yeah I never saw Jaime as evil just arrogant. Nothing he has done has been malicious as far as I've seen. Even pushing Bran out of the window was an act of self preservation but Cersei is pure evil only surpassed by her dead son. Every time I see that character I am always reminded of the wealthy who are so self obsessed they always feel slighted by the world.

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

That was his overall intent from the start. Get rid of Ned to get Catelyn & possibly end up as the Lord of Winterfell in the bargain if it worked out how he had planned. Only Jofferey threw the ultimate monkey wrench into that plan by ordering Ned's death rather than his banishment.

5. orejon4

Cersei is like evil incarnate. And even she was repulsed by Joffrey, but she still stuck up for him as her monster child. Tommen seems like a really good kid. I wonder if the show is implying that his monstrous personality is a product of their incest?

6. The Dark King

I would assume so or just his mother's son and Tommen his father's son.

7. orejon4

I have to admit, I was shocked that she admitted how monstrous Joffrey was to his widow.

8. The Dark King

You'd have to be blind not to see it. Not an ounce of compassion in that boy. Shit at least Cersei was willing to let Ned Stark live.

9. orejon4

She probably wanted him to keep her hearth warm in Jaime's absence, lol.

10. The Dark King

MY MIND IS FUCKING BLOWN HOLY SHIT

11. orejon4

What a way to go out. At least he got his revenge.

12. The Dark King

did he?
    not if you dont really win

13. orejon4

He went with the Mountain, but he managed to take him out at least.

14. The Dark King

How is it a loss if they both die? I don't get how Tyrion loss

15. orejon4

Hey man, no one ever said nonsensical medieval combat rules made sense! Lol

16. The Dark King

True story. Can't believe dude loss. If only he had just focused on what he was doing instead of running his mouth. Or even when he got knocked down why roll towards your enemy. Get your weapon and finish the job, dude couldn't get back up

17. orejon4

Yeah, his rage about his sister's death was his downfall. But he only said he would get him, not that he would survive the attempt, lol. His fighting style was so dope too, and I was hoping at least one sympathetic character would make it through the season, lol. With only two episodes left, I wonder who's next.

18. The Dark King

He had the superior fighting style, he was incredible just ran his damn mouth too much. He knew who was responsible no need for all the damn talking and a confession. His death was fucking gruesome that damn Mountain was a beast, a literal fucking beast my God. He knocked his teeth out of his mouth with a single punch damn.
    The great thing about Game of Thrones is it teaches a valuable lesson about consequence and righteousness. We saw this with Ned Stark, with Robb, and now the Dornish. Whatever your righteous claims keep your eye on the damn ball and never rest until your enemies lie dead at your feet otherwise they will get you period the end.

19. orejon4

His technique was totally superior and he dismantled the Mountain in textbook style, until he started running his fricking mouth. His death was sheer horror. First the teeth with a single punch, then the eye gouging, then bursting the head like a melon. That image of his head open on the ground will be in my mind for days.

And you're right about the show's underlying theme about wielding power and being focused with pinpoint accuracy. All the good intentions in the world don't mean squat without flawless execution.

20. The Dark King

And plain common sense, to this day I don't get why Rob was surprised dude turned on him. He dishonored the man, he knew what kind of cutthroat world they were living in yet he thought everyone would put aside their own ambitions for "love". Same thing with his father, he really thought he could threaten Cersei's survival along with her children's and live?
    The only one I've seen catch a genuine raw deal was Tyrion. Dude was set up in the worst way and you're right the image of that dude's exploded head will always serve as a reminder, strike first, strike hard, and end it quick.