Game of Thrones & GOT Spinoffs

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Max Mosley, May 26, 2011.

1. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

This show is teaching me not to get attached to any character. Everyone I like ends up gutted. All I've got left now is Tyrion (for now), John Snow, Sam (I want him to find his girlfriend and her baby and escape together), and the Arya/Hound clique lol.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Yup pretty much summed up who I liked, actually I like Jamie and the female knight as a duo. But one thing is anyway this whole thing ends it sure as hell won't happy. I fear the mother of dragons will be done in by her own children.

3. orejon4

Damn, I never thought of that as the way she would go out. That would be ironic.

4. The Dark King

That's how I'd write it if I were him because the big mythos behind her and her family is being able to control those massive beasts with no thought to the fact they are living beings with their own agenda. Anything that powerful can't be controlled if it has any intelligence.

5. orejon4

But Daenerys is too pretty to be eaten alive. But that's Game of Thrones though. Those are often the people who get it in the end if they're not cunning enough. She handled Ser Jorah tonight, though. Handed him those walking papers.

6. The Dark King

Very true, but pretty women seem to be ok and children as well. The only one who has caught it so far was Rob's wife but it wasn't of her own doing so you're right the Stormborn girl will probably be ok after all fire can't hurt her.

7. orejon4

Damn, that brought that image of her getting knifed in the gut from the Red Wedding. Brutal.

8. DonnyJ

DonnyJ Banned

what is Daenerys current age?

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Book series or TV series wise?

Daenerys in the novels is around 16 or 17 years old.

Many of the children & teen characters like Daenerys & all the Stark children including Jon Snow, are a bit older on the TV series than compared to the novels.

10. orejon4

Just had to watch the fight scene one last time to be re-horrified, lol. Oberyn was shaping up to be a favorite character too. And I haven't read the books, so I didn't see that coming. Haven't read any fantasy novels in years and hadn't even heard about the books until the series started.

11. The Dark King

Still so angry at the monologuing even though someone brought up a good point on line. Who the hell can maintain a hold on someone after being speared in the chest, pain/blood flow wouldn't allow it.

12. DonnyJ

DonnyJ Banned

So, she's had sex with men twice her age? That's creepy ass hell. I know they're in a different time, but still...

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

No more creepy than what goes on in a lot of countries that still practice & adhere to similar archaic values in this day in age.

14. DonnyJ

DonnyJ Banned

Love the way Oberyn just levitated in his hand too. Can't see how you can muster up the strength to lift somebody off the ground while you're flat on your back at that.

15. The Dark King

Well that's believable if he's healthy. Dude is 6'9 and 420lbs Oberyn was 5'11 maybe 160 to 165 the damn sword was about his size it was insane

16. DonnyJ

DonnyJ Banned

You didn't cringe a little during the the sex scene with Drogo?

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Dude was described as a freak of nature in the novels, so could withstand damage beyond what a normal person could which added to his whole "feared & deadly" persona. Have to wait to see what happens next week & if they stick to how certain other events play out concerning Martel.

18. The Dark King

True that frame where he knocked dudes teeth out with a single punch was insane

19. orejon4

I'm thinking that the scene was just supposed to emphasize what a monster the Mountain was. Using his last breaths on earth to kill in such a horrible fashion. He and fellow sadist Ramsey Snow were meant for each other.

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Ding. As I said, still have to see what happens next week in regards to whether or not events unfold the same as in the novels concerning the fight's aftermath. There was a very "innocent" looking scene in the episode that hints to something that Prince Oberyn did in the novels to ensure victory against the Mountain even if defeated.