Game of Thrones & GOT Spinoffs

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Max Mosley, May 26, 2011.

1. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

I came across this on Pinterest with the comment in the description "If this happens the Internet will break". lol

[​IMG]

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Well we know that's not gonna happen.

On a related note, the method to their madness for not introducing the Lady Stoneheart plot into the TV series is crystal clear now. Definitely wouldn't have so many people freaked out liked they are about Jon Snow if that storyline would have been put in.

3. Tamstrong

True, but it's still a cool pic. lol

Yeah, leaving Lady Stoneheart out was a good choice after all.

A lot of things are pretty much where I expected they would be at this point. I'm especially impatient to know what's next since they're pretty much caught up with the books.

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that they had casting descriptions for a couple of characters for season six that sound very much like Theon's uncles the Crow's Eye and the Damphair, so they may be playing out some of their storyline, especially the Crow's Eye and his quest in who he thinks will gain him the Iron Throne. We still need to find out how Bran will figure into the grand scheme of things against the Night's King & White Walkers conflict because he clearly will have some part in it, so maybe resume his story. Introduce "Young Griff" possibly in a different way from the novels? Just have to wait and see.

5. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

As a wight or a White Walker? It would be awesome if he takes over as the Night's King.

6. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Is this series any good? Just finished watching Spartacus. :smt017

7. orejon4

One of the best on the small screen, in my humble opinion.

8. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Are you serious right now? ...lol

All jokes aside, it starts off slow. But, stick with it and don't let anyone give you any spoilers. Half of what makes this show so good is not knowing what's coming.

Winter is coming.

9. Tamstrong

That's what the stuff I've read sounds like to me too. They're going to have to do something with all of them IMO. There are too many loose ends with those storylines, even more so now that it's obvious they won't be doing things with certain characters as happened in the books. Now that most of the other parts of the story have caught up, surely we'll get to see what they're going to do with Bran. Hopefully we'll also get to see some of the other characters that have been MIA for a while. As for Young Griff, I have my doubts they'll even bring him into the story at this point.

I just have to remember in my impatience that waiting means I just have something to forward to.

Since they'd have to bring him back from the dead, he'd be a wight. Although that's a cool idea, it's not likely to happen. lol

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The only reason I even threw that out was because of the whole "3 Dragons Theory" that gets brought up a lot by various fans of the novels. Dany's three dragons will each eventually gain a rider, with Dany clearly the rider of Drogon and the other two gaining riders of Targaryen blood.

With the speculation around Jon Snow's true parentage and the intro of "Young Griff" in Dance of Dragons,if he is indeed who he claims to be, that would be the three IMO. But, again we'll just have to wait and see.

11. Tamstrong

That is a possibility, but the way they've gone about things without him makes me think they have something (or someone) else in mind. You're right though, we'll just have to wait and see.

12. orejon4

After reading how coy Martin was in an interview about Jon Snow's fate, I'm convinced he's not dead.

13. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Totally agree with this

14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

15. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I'm sad there's nothing to watch tonight lol

16. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I know, right? No G.O.T. No Vikings later in the week. Even Reign is gone till the fall (yeah, I watch that shit, son. What?!?!) How the hell are we suppossed to get our epically barbaric tales of battle, back stabbing, and an overal disregard for human life? Oh, wait, the Republican primaries are starting soon. We're good.

True Detective starts tonight. So, that's a good thing. The Last Ship starts its second season this evening, too. It's good in a TNT network kind of way. Light weight story telling done reasonably well.

Anyone watching Hannible? I'm surprised that's on broadcast network TV. Seems like something for either AMC or HBO. Top notch show. Only thing missing is profanity, ass and titties.

17. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I think Melisandre can get him back without being a wight?

18. Tamstrong

Yeah, I think she can bring him back the way the Thoros dude brought back Beric Dondarrion.

19. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Something like that I imagine

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yep. And the way that Stannis's storyline played out compared to what has happened thus far in the novels suggest Jon is clearly "the Champion of R'hllor" that Melisandre thought Stannis to be. So that would be her motivation to revive and save him.