Gospel Music

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by Tamstrong, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[YOUTUBE]zYb_Kl-qKcI[/YOUTUBE]

2. Tamstrong

[HDYT]0xwzItqYmII[/HDYT]

3. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

4. Tamstrong

It is a beautiful song. I know a few couples who played it at their weddings. Who's to say he wasn't thinking about you when he played it? If that's what you always thought, I say leave it at that. It sounds like something sweet to remember about him, so let it be a good memory. ;)

5. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I guess my thought was if it was about me, why did he walk away? :smt102 Oh well. It's good he did, I guess. I don't want to be with the wrong one when the right one comes along, right?

6. Tamstrong

You definitely don't want to be unavailable when the right one shows up. The way I look at it is that even though relationships end, even when we don't want them to & even when it hurts like hell, there is always something positive to be gained from the experience. Those are the things I try to focus on (even thought it's hard & I suck at it), otherwise the experience was in vain. Maybe instead of asking, "why did he walk away?" the best question might be 'what lessons can be learned from the experience?', 'what were the good things that came from the relationship?', 'what opportunities does God have in store for me since it obviously wasn't meant to be?'.

I ended my last relationship about a year ago, & it was an extremely painful decision to make. I questioned myself countless times about that decision, but ultimately it was the right choice. I had to accept that it takes more than love to sustain a relationship. The harder thing to accept when things don't work out, is that the feelings don't end as easily as the relationship does. Thank God for the time when the healing finally happens. I get the impression you're still hurting, & I hope & pray the healing comes soon for you.

7. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Alot of wisdom here, Tam. And yes, the feelings do take much longer to end than the relationship, that's for sure. I guess that's what prompted the first thread I started on here. It boggles my mind that I continue to tear up at the thought of someone I KNOW was not right for me. I want to reconcile my heart with my head. I'm getting there, but too slowly for me. Maybe I just miss being with someone more than I miss being with him. If that makes sense.

8. Tamstrong

It's hard, but be patient with yourself. Let the rough stuff run its course, & you'll gain strength from it (even when it feels like it's kicking your butt). That could be what it is for you. I think for me with my ex-bf, I missed what I thought we had. The love itself was real, but what what we had other than that wasn't really what I thought it was or what I it needed to be.

9. Tamstrong

[YOUTUBE]DfvjRxnGJTo[/YOUTUBE]

10. Tamstrong

With the day (week) I've had, I needed these...

[YOUTUBE]m1WQLipTwRQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Nh3oa4XYasQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]KJOv_5eQxNw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]kK3BW7iH-88[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ZDaLrIM0-rs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]S9ThIGFJ_P0[/YOUTUBE]

11. Tamstrong

[YOUTUBE]03GQiPaa69I[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]7R7bvaKjtdw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]CkDII47Km9c[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]l_Tv0eEvvTk[/YOUTUBE]

12. naija4real

naija4real New Member

Tam, thanks for this thread. I am never tired of watching and listening to the songs here.

13. Tamstrong

You're very welcome, Naija & thank you for appreciating it! It would do me some good to spend more time in this thread myself. :D

14. Tamstrong

[YOUTUBE]YXGZHinU_Nw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Px0rUinDcB8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]2_aQ4K2zeY8[/YOUTUBE]

15. Tamstrong

[YOUTUBE]B96Q5-Bzdug[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]3PFjX8ZCTv0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]elMv2BxHDQc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]OQw6Ybgr_uo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Q7uTE1SiGlo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]_KMZDzo5OjM[/YOUTUBE]

16. nocturnalmission

nocturnalmission New Member

I really appreciate all of your gospel music posts.... I grew up in Baptist and Methodist churches, sang in choirs, and was always inspired more by the music than the sermon.

Even while my faith falters, there is a message in the music....

Thanks!

17. Tamstrong

Thanks, Noc & you're welcome. :D I'm glad you like them. I've always loved gospel music, & I especially love the old hymns I grew up on. I've never been much of a singer, but I'd still sing my heart out at church.

That's one of the blessings the music offers...the message is there to remind us & build us up. Thank God for that!

18. Tamstrong

This video includes the song writer's story, & I found it to be very inspiring...
    [YOUTUBE]T8_EfDqF7YI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]xNUF7QGJZwA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]2j0rYJI37yg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]txzOErCuQlo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]DxJa49ikqGY[/YOUTUBE]

19. nocturnalmission

I selected several cuts of this one..... I'm attaching both because the live version is always more real and because recording then (on the original version wasn't what it is today), but this song will always stick out in my childhood memories....

[YOUTUBE]CNQXQKflJNA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]BD2D6eter7M[/YOUTUBE]

20. nocturnalmission

My grandmother used to play this song every Sunday at breakfast before sending us all to church.... It was a ritual.....

[youtube]NaNzxniXxYE[/youtube]