Greatest Superhero Movies of All Time

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bookworm616, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Daredevil, whilst didn't get GREAT reviews, fared far better than Elektra on IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I saw Daredevil, but I never saw Elektra.

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

DD was terrible.

3. Bookworm616

Co-sign. :smt023

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Damn I actually liked the storyline better and the fight scenes.

5. Bookworm616

Art is very subjective, so if you liked it better, more power to you. :smt023

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I Wonder if Michelle would have good chemistry with Hope Solo. If so that would make a hell of a ménage.

7. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the Soloist yet but I kind of want to watch it now. But nothing about his character worked for me. Foxx is a damn good actor but I rearlly couldn't tell what his character was about. It felt shoehorned in.

If no one's seen it yet, the Daredevil show on Netflix is leaps and bounds better than the movie. They really get the atmosphere and everything else right.

8. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I agree. It was almost as if his agent just worked him in somewhere because he likes Spider-Man comics. Did not feel right at all.

They're equally aggro and would probably end up in fisticuffs.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I am also looking forward to the WW movie.

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I forgot about Elektra. I never saw her in Comic book form, how cool. Could so get into her as badass ninja-esque in movie form.

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Only good thing I can say about Spider-Man 3 is it's a cinematic masterpiece when compared to the two Amazing Spider-Man movies.

And the only good thing I can say about those two movies is Andrew Garfield at least was a bit more natural at the wise cracking side of Spider-Man than Tobey Maguire. Too bad he carried it over to Peter as well and he was a little too smart alecky.

12. Since1980

I must be the only person on the planet that liked The Amazing Spider-Man. The second movie had a lot of problems but the first one was pretty damn good. Garfield and Emma Watson had way better chemistry than Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst.

13. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Very true. She was a poor choice for Mary Jane

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

There were a few elements that I liked compared to the Raimi Spider-Man movies but overall both movies didn't have the same feel that said Spider-Man when you watch them IMO. You got the essence of Spider-Man with the Raimi movies, even Spider-Man 3, just didn't get that at all with the reboot movies.

15. Since1980

That role didn't fit her at all. I grew up reading the comics off and on the casting of her was just...off.

My only real problem with him is that he's too much of a pretty boy to be an accurate Peter Parker. Peter Parker is a science nerd and that's hard to pull off when you look like a male model. With the glasses on Maguire looks like a nerd lol.

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

This. As I said Garfield was a bit to smart alecky as Peter Parker for me. Maguire had more of that awkward nerd vibe to his Peter Parker that felt more like the comics.

17. Bookworm616

I liked Andrew Garfield in The Social Network, but the part in bold was something that stuck out to me, too. I only watched the first movie, but I didn't care for it, so I didn't bother with the second movie, especially after reading the reviews.

18. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Fam, Daredevil wasn't that bad. It was at least watchable. It good have been good with some tweaking. It gets a worse rap than it deserves.

Elektra? It start out fair and went downhill from there.

But, that's actually how Spider-Man is. He cracks jokes while whipping ass. I thought Garfield was a good deal better than McGuire. He fit the role physically a lot better, too.

Anyway, my all time favorite superhero movies are as follows:
    1. The Dark Knight / Superman 2 (allowing for the era it was made in)
    2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    3. Kick-Ass
    4. Unbreakable
    5. Iron Man

And I'll throw in Xmen: Days Of Future Past in there as an honorable mention. It was good. Just not surprisingly so.

19. Since1980

If they can find an actor that can pull off the best of both worlds, they'd be in business. Maybe they can find someone for the next reboot.

It had a good core and a lot of potential but it felt kind of rushed in parts. You didn't miss much by skipping it.

20. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Toby did a good job of it. I also liked the old spiderman cartoon. It was great. It was almost as though toby read the comics and watch the cartoon to get it.