Greatest Superhero Movies of All Time

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bookworm616, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Why do you see it as him giving up his powers simply for a woman rather than him choosing to be completely human? The core conflict for Superman is he's not human by birth but by choice.

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

If yall have anymore disputes about who is a super hero im getting matlock, sonny hostin and judge judy in here.

3. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

but superman has powers. He could easily clear out the machines from the planet without needing to go into a video game. Neo has none outside of the matrix. Also the war continues after his death.

4. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Even the Zorro films could be considered super hero film's. Zorro wore a cape , bullwhip, sword , dagger, and on a few occasions, he carried a pistol. Indiana Jones and Bat man may have learned a thing or two from Zorro, the Fox.

5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Why is it no one can figure out superman and clark kent is the same person....those glasses dont fool me

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Not true Neo was able to destroy the machines outside the matrix with his thoughts. Technokensis I guess

7. The Dark King

Yeah but she was that catalyst for him

8. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

glorified use of wifi to destroy a machine. I just don't see how that is affective in a cage match against one of the other person as oppose to superman with with his super strength.

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

So you're saying if met someone who you truly believed inspired you to be who you really wanted to be you wouldn't take the same chance?

And "Yes" I understand that you find Margot Kidder's turn as Lois Lane not to be an inspiring or particularly "hot" enough woman, but remember we're talking about a guy who was raised on a farm with idealistic and very simple traditional values.

10. The Dark King

Well made point. I see what you mean. Bugs me but you make sense.

11. The Dark King

Use of WiFi?
    Way to over simplify to make a biased point. I'm not saying Neo is more powerful just that he is a superhero

12. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Margot Kidder played the Lois Lane of the 1970's. She was attractive enough for the time. If Lois was a hot woman, no one would ever take her seriously. She used her looks when it was necessary, but she is a reporter and she knows that anything can happen.
    Superman recognized Lois' strengths and weaknesses. He loves her for those qualities, which is why he felt so strongly about her. I'm the Richard Donner version of Superman 2, Superman explains his feelings to the spirit of his father Jor-El. It was an interesting scene and it was tense.

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

This has pretty much been my take on Lois Lane. She should be attractive but not overly supermodel/eye candy only attractive.

14. The Dark King

Still waiting to see an attractive Lois. They've yet to get it right.

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Who would be an attractive enough Lois Lane though? When they have cast anyone who is considered for the most part physically attractive ala Teri Hatcher & Kate Bosworth, their personalities don't quite match with what the character is suppose to be. They don't come off as self assured or too smart, especially for someone who is a prize winning investigative reporter.

16. The Dark King

I actually liked the actress who played her on Smallville but if I had to pick would probably say the evil queen from once upon a time

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

So exactly what was wrong with Amy Adams other than not being the classic raven haired depiction of Lois Lane? She & Lana Parrilla are on the same level of attractiveness IMO and Adams personality wise was spot on for the most part. Also helped that her Lois actually figured out Clark was Superman.

18. The Dark King

You think so? Maybe the way they wrote her. Just wasn't feeling her.

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I had considered the Matrix , too. You do break it down well....powers he didn't know he had. It is borderline....maybe it gets an honorary mention?

I didn't really feel Toby Maguire as Spiderman... can't connect to him. The new guy as spider-man, l want to check out

20. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Erica Durance played a great Lois Lane as Tom Welling played a great Clark Kent. She was hot but she made it a point to men in a subtle way the she demands eye contact, respect and that she can detect a bullshitter. I think her Lois Lane was the one from the 90's when she was married to Clark before the arrival of Doomsday and the the battle to which Superman would fight with Doomsday to the death. This Lois is also a serious ass kicker.