Greatest Superhero Movies of All Time

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bookworm616, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

2. Bookworm616

Could not agree more. He is PERFECT as Tony Stark.

I loved him in The Avengers when he's goading Bruce Banner. LOL.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I love being right lol

4. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Super is on the list!!!!! Super!!! He has no superpowers. He is just a dude in a costume. noooo I'm sorry but that alone kills creditability.

I loved the movie but you got to at least have superpowers.

5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Good point

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

So that eliminates all the Batman & Punisher types heroes.......

7. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

I would still include Batman and the Punisher as superheroes. They both in super great physical condition, they both excel at hand to hand combat, Batman is damn near a super-genius...I think that non-powered heroes count as super heroes.

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I agree. I was just wondering if he was discounting those types because of his statement about having to have superpowers.

9. Since1980

Oh, okay. I completely misunderstood you lol.

10. archangel

That's the whole reason why batman is so great because he has no super powers.

but yes I would not qualify him as a super hero well.... except those other times when he gets superpowers but those aren't canon.

Punisher I just qualify as a loon. Even if he had powers... It is up in the air on if he is a hero sometimes.

kickass is another one. I respect it because that is probably the most realistic one will get to being a costumed hero. rorschach, night owl.... list goes on and on.

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I guess you would put Captain America and Black Panther on that list as well. Captain America has no super powers. The Super Soldier serum did for Steve Rogers what years of training and discipline did for Bruce Wayne, put him at the peak of human physical fitness. Only thing that might be considered "super" is he doesn't tire at the same level as an ordinary person. Same with Black Panther. The Heart Herbs of Wakanda work on him in a similar way as the Super Soldier Serum.

12. Since1980

I think that Rorschach's super power is just not giving an actual fuck.

13. Bookworm616

I decided to Google "is Batman considered a Superhero" and saw this article among the results:

http://www.vognetwork.com/editorials/18/For-the-Love-of-God-Batman-is-a-Superhero/

I think this is a good indicator of whether or not someone is a superhero: do they fight super villains? I like that criteria as part of the superhero definition.

14. Since1980

My favorite part of the article:
    He's also fought a shit ton of other supervillians infinitely more powerful than he is.

15. archangel

I think the tiring counts. It comes in handy in a long match.

16. archangel

I disagree with this.
    If superman were to just catch regular bad guys, he would still have super powers. Not only this but one of those villains could easily buy krytponite bullets and kill him. He is putting his life on the line with regular villains.

I really think you have to be a hero with superpowers to be a superhero.
    What makes someone like batman or captain America(cap less epic than bats) so epic is the fact that they do the job without powers.

17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Your definition is really rigid. So is Iron man a superhero?
    What about iron fist?
    I think the Superman argument doesn't hold up because he wasn't great until not a Superhero until did super human feats like save that plane. So it's not just about who you fight it's what you do. You seem to be a little power ovsessed. Btw everyone forgot Green Arrow and Hawkeyes

18. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Hence the word "super".

Or what is super?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/super-

19. archangel

It depends on which ironman you are talking about.

There is a version that bleeds the suit out of him. Another version that has super healing abilities on par with wolverine. and then there is the arc reactor in his chest. I'm not sure if that can fire like say cyborg's canon without the suit.

Iron fist, I would qualify as a superhero from what I know which isn't much.

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Dude, it's like you're picking and choosing what qualifies as a superhero based on however you personally like or dislike powers and skill sets of individual heroes.