Greatest Superhero Movies of All Time

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bookworm616, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

I cannot have a(n) [adult] conversation with a [baby]man who reacts the way you do. You haven't even provided a proper argument for your claim. Period. You're just proving that you're just completely wrong.

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Go look at your posts and who from the start throwing insults? U.

I gave definitions and back them up why.

Youre mad because someone disagrees. Lol

Lol

Lol

Prove urself rite. U havent shown anything.

3. Morning Star

You've provided definitions which strengthened my argument. Don't get mad because you cannot provide a proper rebuttal on a subject matter that you had no prior knowledge of, minus one or two B-movies you saw from a side view. I've exposed you on that, and your only response is coming off too desperate and thirsty.

4. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Even your own citations dont line totally with u.

U havent shown anything concrete. Keep trying.

5. Morning Star

You're too desperate, despite knowing that you've shown to be clearly wrong. You chose to ignore facts, which I've provided. Intellectual dishonesty is not going to save you, BS.

6. goodlove

goodlove New Member

I looked at what u posted...u said nothing that was moving. I picked it apart. Again with insults. Lol

Show me something.

What u got?

7. Morning Star

You didn't pick anything apart. You tried, but failed...miserably, I might add. The Punisher, an anti-hero, has demonstrated superhuman feats (examples provided), which you've ignored because you know very well I am right on this matter. Being dismissive is as bad as denying gravity.

8. goodlove

goodlove New Member

The definition u provided doesnt agree with u. Lets look.

the longstanding Merriam-Webster dictionary gives the definition as "a fictional hero having extraordinary or superhuman powers; also : an exceptionally skillful or successful person".

Fictional character....then the second definition refers to a person (human).

When it refers to a human they use it flippantly to tgeir acts. As with what it lines up to what i stated earlier.

Try again.

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Even your own wiki is ambigoud at best.

Try again...i pointed out their own doubts.

Try again.

10. Morning Star

Good job on not even reading. Let's look at the history...

In other words, the definition of superhero, provided not just from the article, but the entire page, based on those findings, further reinforced the fact that characters like the Punisher can be deemed super or share superhuman qualities. When you have people like Robin Hood, who lacks powers, can be identified as such, why is it difficult to accept the fact that even other nonpowered characters can be considered superheroes in that sense?

Going back to my initial post about the more universal term, where a superhero is able to perform feats that an average human cannot perform on their own or mostly on their own, is more accurate to describe such a character. Superhero predates the comics, which further strengthens my point.

11. Morning Star

You are merely picking and choosing what you want to read and interpret because the writers of many of these articles have a greater understanding of it than you. Again, you are speaking out of sheer desperation.

12. goodlove

goodlove New Member

It said sometimes and other words that atates its up to interpretation.

Also...you even contradicted yourself in using the definition.

Go back and read your posts and see your own contradiction.

13. goodlove

goodlove New Member

No im not. Its called reading and interpreting.
    When the article says most and sometimes....what does that mean.

14. Morning Star

The statements I've provided are actually much closer to what the source material demonstrates and the characters in those worlds, which isn't immutable, by the way and not to be pigeonholed. And no, I haven't contradicted myself. You have been doing that with your posts, ever since I've proved you wrong.

15. Morning Star

It means the dissenting individuals would pigeonhole the definition, which I've already stated in the initial post, and inaccurately keep the terms compartmentalized to merely characters with powers...which is disingenuous (or "purist" in a PC sense).

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Im sorry im not a purist. I dont get into it..comics

The definition you provided....backs me up.
    It says fictional character ....... then it goes to state the word "person"(person by definition is a human). The punisher is not a human. Its a fictional chracter.
    Thus it cant be a superhero.

Im just doing my matlock

17. Morning Star

I think your head's a bit screwed up.

He's a fictional character, yes, but he's part of the human race as well. Being a comic book or animated character doesn't make him less of a human being, so I'm not even sure what you're trying to prove now since you came off as...blatantly stupid.

You're really talking crazy now since...now you're suggesting that Bruce Banner/The Hulk, Carol Danvers/Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Peter Parker/Spider-Man, Steve Rogers/Captain America, Barry Allen/The Flash aren't considered superheroes because they are human?!

What the fuck?! Are you sure you are all there or you're only making yourself look more like a damned fool?

18. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Why are you guys arguing so hard? You're totally sucking the fun out of this.
    Plain and simple you do not have to have super powers to be a superhero. General consensus amongst fans of comics and movies is that Batman is a superhero, which is why so man people deem him the greatest because he doesn't need powers to be considered super. You can say the same about Green Arrow and Ironman.

19. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Look at the definition....hes not human.....lol

Hes not a person.

Now u are really contradicting yourself.

I compared him to the character in die hard and u said apples to oranges.
    Now u are moving the sticks.

20. goodlove

goodlove New Member

What?

This fun.